August 13th, 2009

Is Palin getting ready to tweet again?

Palin has been silent on Twitter since leaving office in July.
Palin has been silent on Twitter since leaving office in July.

(CNN) – Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin changed her Twitter account on Thursday to @SarahPalinUSA, abandoning her old username @AKGovSarahPalin.

There has been much speculation about when Palin would begin tweeting again. Since leaving office in July, Palin has been silent on Twitter and has primarily used Facebook to communicate with the public.

No tweets have yet been sent from her new Twitter account.

More than 135,000 people currently follow Palin on Twitter. Those who followed her official gubernatorial account do not have to re-subscribe to her new name. Twitter users who change their names maintain their followers.

Filed under: Extra • Sarah Palin • Social Media • Twitter
  1. Daisy

Thank God for this ticker segment. I don't know how I would've been able to function without knowing what Palin was up to on Twitter.

August 13, 2009 05:41 pm at 5:41 pm |
  2. Typical Republican

Yay....hope she doesn't quit after 70 characters into her 146 character tweet...that would suck!

August 13, 2009 05:42 pm at 5:42 pm |
  3. John

What's Twitter?

August 13, 2009 05:43 pm at 5:43 pm |
  4. WhoCares?

There is nothing USA about that woman at all.

August 13, 2009 05:43 pm at 5:43 pm |
  5. No More Fear

I remember when CNN used to report the news. Those were the good ol' days, way back when, before they started competing with FOX. Yep, before the days of fluff and filler there were journalist who went out and gathered facts. They would ask who what when where and how. They would ask tough questions that pertained to the issues of the day. Now...it's all about polls and Palin.

August 13, 2009 05:44 pm at 5:44 pm |
  6. Tina

I don't care about this person – Stop writing about her every ten minutes.

August 13, 2009 05:45 pm at 5:45 pm |
  7. jon

This woman has captured the imagination like no other politician I've ever seen; other than Obama.

August 13, 2009 05:46 pm at 5:46 pm |
  8. DEB

If so then it is typical Palin, she squawks but says nothing intelligent!
    Like a chicken with her head cut off ( or is that turkey ) cluck cluck cluck! Gobble gobble gobble!

August 13, 2009 05:48 pm at 5:48 pm |
  9. Felonious Monk

Palin is no longer relevant. The GOP are obstructionists.

That is all

August 13, 2009 05:48 pm at 5:48 pm |
  10. CNN = Certainly Not News

If this is the best CNN can offer in the way of news, you guys need to get a new line of work. YOu are beginning to look like the National enquirere

August 13, 2009 05:48 pm at 5:48 pm |
  11. Karla

Everytime she "tweets" makes Obama harder to beat! GO OBAMA!

August 13, 2009 05:49 pm at 5:49 pm |
  12. Claudia in Houson

Tweedly dee and tweedly dumb, Palin.

August 13, 2009 05:50 pm at 5:50 pm |
  13. Carl

OMG!! I want to know when Sarah will be tweeting again! I can't wait another minute, I must know what is on her mind in 140 characters or less.

August 13, 2009 05:51 pm at 5:51 pm |
  14. annie s

When did CNN cease being a reputable news organization and become a cheerleader for the lunatic fringe element of the Republican party? An obsession with Sarah Palin, misleading headlines about health care, keeping a whack job like Lou Dobbs on the payroll, Monday mornings given entirely over to John McCain's opinions on things he knows nothing about....b-o-r-i-n-g. It's really a shame to see what this so- called news source has become.

August 13, 2009 05:53 pm at 5:53 pm |
  15. National enquirer

I tried to not post, I just don't have it in me

She looks out from that CNN picture with that blank expression and big practiced smile

I'm convinced nothing is going on behind those glasses

August 13, 2009 05:54 pm at 5:54 pm |
  16. Jack in Florida

Who cares.....she is another moron......the bigger morons are those that tweet back to her.......stop reporting about her.....

August 13, 2009 05:55 pm at 5:55 pm |
  17. A Canadian Bogeyman

Best way to beat the enemy! Is to employ the enemy..

August 13, 2009 05:55 pm at 5:55 pm |
  18. Cheryl in Bluffton, SC

Who gives a tweet?! GO AWAY!

August 13, 2009 05:57 pm at 5:57 pm |
  19. JR

I think that I have Pailin Overload.

August 13, 2009 05:57 pm at 5:57 pm |