August 15th, 2009

Dodd released from hospital after surgery

Sen. Chris Dodd is home after a recent surgery, his office announced Saturday.
Sen. Chris Dodd is home after a recent surgery, his office announced Saturday.

(CNN) – Connecticut Democrat Sen. Chris Dodd was released Saturday from Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center after surgery to treat early stage prostate cancer, Dodd’s office said in a statement.

“Senator Dodd was released from the hospital earlier today and is at home in East Haddam with his family,” Dodd spokesman Bryan DeAngelis said in the statement. “He is recovering well from Tuesday’s surgery and looks forward to getting back to work later this month on behalf of the people of Connecticut.”

Related: Senator's cancer surgery 'successful'

Filed under: Chris Dodd • Popular Posts
  1. Ridgeway

I suspect the procedure required a medical team. Proctologist, oncologist, and neurosurgeon. One to look for it, one to diagnose it and the other to perform the surgery. Took gig. Working around his head to get to it.

August 15, 2009 04:22 pm at 4:22 pm |
  2. ctmom

I hope he spends so much quality time with his family that he decides to stay there permanantly. Bow out gracefully now, Senator, while you have a good excuse and can save face. Before you wind up in jail.

August 15, 2009 04:23 pm at 4:23 pm |
  3. Ken

For all you anti-reform, insurance-company worshipers out there: What they removed from Dodd would test at a higher IQ that 90% of the dimwits which continue to call themselves [R].

August 15, 2009 04:28 pm at 4:28 pm |
  4. mike

I wish the corrupt senator a healthy recovery. Can't wait until he loses re-election.

August 15, 2009 04:29 pm at 4:29 pm |
  5. Jon

Here's hoping you have a complicated and prolonged recovery and than lose your re-election bid.

August 15, 2009 04:33 pm at 4:33 pm |
  6. What if Dodd had sought treatment.....

under Obama's Public Option?

First of all he would have waited 2-3 years to start treatment, then he would have been denied the drugs he needed, then he would have died.

August 15, 2009 04:36 pm at 4:36 pm |
  7. Anonymous

I wounder how he would have done if we had national health? Oh wait, he is a senator and has special insurance. Here is a guy who was corrupt with the mortgage scandle and we can bet he will be just as corrupt with our health insurance. Dodd is typical Washington.

August 15, 2009 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  8. Fed Up

I wish I could say I can't believe the comments here, but I do. This country has descended into the depths of "oafishness" at best and total lunacy at worst.

First of all cite the page and paragraph in the health care reform act where it says prostate surgery will wait 2 to 3 years. Can't do it, can you?

Finally, be "for" something or someone for a change. The majority of this country voted for Obama, the Democrats and "Change". Don't like it, then vote for the "other guys" in 2010 and beyond. In the meantime, your childish behavior has a "poster child" in Sarah Palin. If it weren't so serious, a lot of us would be ROFL!

August 15, 2009 04:47 pm at 4:47 pm |
  9. Julianna

Senator Dodd had supported National Theatre of the Deaf in Connecticut and I was Co-Artistic Director at the time. My point is that he has a great heart and great soul... Without political issues, that is...
    Have a great recovery, Senator Dodd... Julianna

August 15, 2009 04:49 pm at 4:49 pm |
  10. GenPatton

Ah Senator Dodd, did you have them remove a couple of bankers from your prostate while they were in there.

Interesting that you got treatment so soon, how long would that have taken the average American? Oh, I'd say 6 months to a year, under the current state. Under your Presidents proposal? I be quite a bit longer. eh? what say you Senator?

God Speed on your recovery, I wish no ill on any human.

August 15, 2009 05:01 pm at 5:01 pm |
  11. Joe

From some of the comments on here it is apparent that some of you
    visit a proctologist for a haircut.

Senator Dodd, hope you continue to recover and that the recovery is complete.

August 15, 2009 05:06 pm at 5:06 pm |
  12. John

I hope you Get Well Soon Senator.

You are Lucky to Have Health Insurance.

50% of Americans don't have Health Insurance.

GOP the Sons of Bitc..... don't want us to have Health Care.

I Wish Each GOP Senator who votes against Obama's Bill, should suffer of Cancer and Die in Hell without Health Care, and their bodies should get deceased with Plague and Bacteria and they should Rot like Sewer.

August 15, 2009 05:11 pm at 5:11 pm |
  13. John in WV

First of all, Sen. Dodd would not have to wait 2 or 3 years for treatment under Obama's plan. He can keep the insurance he has. Second, If you are fortunate enough to have a satisfactory health care plan, you won't have to wait because you can keep your own plan. Third, if your among the millions who can't afford health care, you don't have to wait either because you have nothing to wait for.

August 15, 2009 05:16 pm at 5:16 pm |
  14. karen

To Fed Up: Amen!!!!

August 15, 2009 05:17 pm at 5:17 pm |
  15. frances

Speedy recovery and god bless you!

August 15, 2009 05:17 pm at 5:17 pm |
  16. JW

I wish Senator Dodd a swift recovery, and long life. Like senator Dodd, I have excellent health insurance for my family and myself, for which I pay 100% of the cost, it is not a employer benefit. Why can't Obama, and Congress leave my family, and the other 80% of Americans that are happy with what they have, alone. Do something for the 47 million that do not have coverage, and quit trying to fix what is not broken.

August 15, 2009 05:36 pm at 5:36 pm |
  17. Bunch of rude b@stards

I'd like to know how people got so ignorant. Maybe the insurance companies they adore don't cover psychotherapy.

The man has cancer–show a little class–even if that means just shutting your right wing partisan mouths up for once.

August 15, 2009 05:37 pm at 5:37 pm |
  18. Paula

I wish Sen. Dodd a speedy recovery. You've done so much for our state over the years. We need you part of the opposition fighting for health reform. It's so sad that we continually go after the best and brightest.........

August 15, 2009 05:40 pm at 5:40 pm |
  19. Dennis

For God's sake–keep him in the hospital! It's much safer than him going back to the Senate! America saves Healthcare dollars by keeping this man from voting on anything.

August 15, 2009 05:56 pm at 5:56 pm |
  20. German,Irish American

I wonder which lobbyist group is picking up the deductable.

August 15, 2009 06:00 pm at 6:00 pm |
  21. matt

Was forced to watch Pres. on Fox because commentator would shut up on cnn

August 15, 2009 06:05 pm at 6:05 pm |
  22. champly

I wish him no physical pain, but Mr. Dodd is one of the most corrupt members of Congress. A disgusting individual.

August 15, 2009 06:08 pm at 6:08 pm |
  23. Ohio Annie

I wish the good senator a speedy recovery, and I wish the mean-spirited posters here a speedy recovery too.

August 15, 2009 06:09 pm at 6:09 pm |
  24. champly

Dear Fed up – the majority of people oppose "reform" in health care. We are not "against" anything except for Marxism being forced on us at the point of a gun.

August 15, 2009 06:11 pm at 6:11 pm |
  25. bj, texas

Under obamacare, this lib would be dead. I quess there are some benefits to obamacare.

August 15, 2009 06:34 pm at 6:34 pm |