August 29th, 2009

Kennedy casket arrives at Arlington

The Kennedy family gathered at Arlington National Cemetery.
The Kennedy family gathered at Arlington National Cemetery.

(CNN) – Sen. Edward Kennedy's casket has arrived at Arlington National Cemetery.

Filed under: Ted Kennedy
  1. D. Holder

Four brothers, Joe, John, Robert, and Ted. Four lives dedicated to serving our country. Only one of them didn't die violently. What an extraordinary family. Sacrifice and service, thy name is Kennedy.

August 29, 2009 08:33 pm at 8:33 pm |
  2. maine liberal

How fitting for the ending. darkeness shields the final private moments for this family who forever have been in the public view.

The heavens glow with a late summer lightening show.

The dream shall never die.

August 29, 2009 08:49 pm at 8:49 pm |
  3. Polly

I always remembered in my grandparent's home, there was a picture of JFK by my grandfather's chair and a picture of Jesus by my grandmother's chair. I like how Ted Kennedy is remembered as a team player in the family. I remember seeing pictures of the Kennedy's playing football when they were younger. This family never forgot to play together. I think Ted probably kept that tradition going.

August 29, 2009 08:57 pm at 8:57 pm |
  4. Wise Latina

Enough minutia of every single movement, which no one gives a whit about. Into the ground already!

August 29, 2009 09:15 pm at 9:15 pm |
  5. m smith

lovely service. Such a sad day President gave a great eulogy with out a tela promptor for those people who don't believe he can. Health care mentioned by many of the Kennedy clan. Hope we pass it. Ted worked hard for it. Classy family sons spoke gave great eulogy's also.

August 29, 2009 10:05 pm at 10:05 pm |
  6. Mandy

God bless you, Senator. You will never be forgotten.

August 29, 2009 10:23 pm at 10:23 pm |
  7. dmg

God Bless

August 29, 2009 10:49 pm at 10:49 pm |
  8. Sue

It so sad that the right can't even let the funeral of Ted Kennedy not have something to do with politics. There is not one republican that could ever compare to Ted and they know it. It's just like the crazy republican who just said the other day that the party was looking for their great white hope. Well I think the GOP needs to recuit a lot more in their party. Because most of what I see makes me ill. To think that these people are running our country.What is even worse is the people who vote them in. Scary!!!!!!!!

August 29, 2009 11:42 pm at 11:42 pm |