September 9th, 2009

Obama to take health care pitch on the road this weekend

WASHINGTON (CNN) – President Barack Obama will travel to Minnesota on Saturday and attend a health care reform rally in Minneapolis. White House officials say that the trip will be part of a push to build momentum out of Obama's prime time address to a joint session of Congress tonight on health care refor

Filed under: Health care • President Obama
  1. Post always rejected by CNN

And should we go Boehner's republican route...He says the way to have health care available for all is to stop lawsuits for malpractice. And to give tax breaks to business who supply health care. And tax incentive to low income families.....gee what a plan....I'm glad I signed up for his email. I get all the juicy tidbits the republicans are proposing.

Heck no wonder they are demonstrating and obstructing health care. They want to ruin that also.

September 9, 2009 05:15 pm at 5:15 pm |
  2. single mom

Campaigner-in-chief is on the road again.
    Great. Has he spent more than ten days straight in the White House?

September 9, 2009 05:17 pm at 5:17 pm |
  3. Randolph Carter, the beer czar

Uh oh! While he's out on the road the insurance lobbyists will get their meathooks into congress and undo any good that his speech will do tonight. Y'all know the final bill will be an expensive giveaway to the rich corporations and will contain no real reform, right? Have a nice day!

September 9, 2009 05:20 pm at 5:20 pm |
  4. Moosehead

The insurance industry is fighting back with new ads( fear mongering) and outright lies and distortions, about health reform, I say to the American people,.. do not listen or watch this propaganda, mute the audio or change the channel,... let their lies and deceit fall on deaf ears.

September 9, 2009 05:21 pm at 5:21 pm |
  5. CW

Can somebody tell Obama that the election is over , please.

September 9, 2009 05:21 pm at 5:21 pm |
  6. I support President Obama!

When are republicans going to try and help President Obama fix this country that they DESTROYED??

September 9, 2009 05:28 pm at 5:28 pm |
  7. republicans destroyed America

Why don't republicans just admit to themselves in private they oppose the President because they can't stand the fact that a black man is in office. No one in their right mind would oppose Health Care Reform. BTW I am a middle aged white woman who fully supports the President!

September 9, 2009 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  8. j

I think the government is too polarized and far too schizophrenic to pass any meaningful legislation. The Grand Obstructionist Party will come out with no ideas and do every thing they can to annihilate anything the Democrats propose and the Democrats will just come out with bad ideas. In other words, the federal government is back to it's typical do nothing responsiveness.

September 9, 2009 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  9. victim of republican greed

The republicans are stooges for the health insurance industry.

September 9, 2009 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  10. Steve (the real one)

I wish I has a pom pom kiosk outside that rally. I'd get rich!

September 9, 2009 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  11. Maureen - NC

I would like to know:

How will the current health care system manage another 40 million persons? Where will the providers come from?
    What procedures will be in place to ensure that only legal citizens of this country can be provided with insurance/care?
    Who is going to pay for the "public option"?
    What assurances can you give me that no more Federal money (my tax dollars) will be going to community organizing groups? -yes it is in HR 3200 – and yes I have read it.
    What plan is in place to fix Medicare/Medicaid/Social Securtiy before implementing this new plan?

I really would like straight forward answers to the above questions, I am just fearful that I will just be getting more generalities during tonights speech.

September 9, 2009 05:35 pm at 5:35 pm |
  12. Rita Vautour , Canada

To Mr. Obama,
    Sir , I'm a canadian citizen, and I'm on our health care system. I have rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia, osteosporosis, sjogren's disease, malfuntional of the salivary glands. I've been living in Toronto , Ontario, Canada, for the past 4 years,. Since then, I 've gotten the best of care from our medical system, I've seen all the specialist I needed, inside of a 6 weeks period.. I've seen a cardiologist, cause I also had a stroke, 5 years ago.. I've been given an electric wheelchair, fitted to my size, I'm on a special respiratory machine which helps me breathe while I sleep.The wheelchair was paid by the Ontario adult disabllity program. I've been given the machine for my breathing which is worth over 5 thousands dollars. So please tell the people of the United states of America that our health system is really working and we are of middle class people and we are taken care of here in Canada very well. I heard about the woman that said that she had to go to United states for a heart surgery. I really think she was being pushed by the republican party to say this. Cause go and ask the regular joe , that is sick like I am and you'll see that our system really works as one of the best in the world. Thank you and please use this letter to tell your people about me. Rita Vautour

September 9, 2009 05:36 pm at 5:36 pm |
  13. Kathy

He needs to save his breath. Nobody wants his plan.

September 9, 2009 05:38 pm at 5:38 pm |
  14. no need to know

Let it be written so shall it be done, soon there will be alot of Republicans and others who are like minded that will perish from earth from one decease or another and there won't be the healthcare there for those who can't afford what they will need so since their senators and congress representatives don't want them to have healthcare reform "ka sa rah sa rah" what ever will be will be. And as the philosopher Murphy stated "what can happen will happen" so don't care if no healthcare reform is done.

September 9, 2009 05:38 pm at 5:38 pm |
  15. aproudmemberoftheunpatrioticmob

Spend more tax payer money to get more taxpayer money to spend. The liberal ideal. 2012 cannot come soon enough so we can get this thieving moron out of our lives. He has already commandeered to all of the state run media tonight to lie to us, and now spending more to us. Liberals say "hey it's not like we pay taxes, so it is not our money he is using, he is just going to steal some more for us."

September 9, 2009 05:55 pm at 5:55 pm |
  16. Mike in MN

I'll be there protesting a public option if that is what Obama decides to insist on. My bet it he will make that very clear tonight.

September 9, 2009 06:39 pm at 6:39 pm |
  17. T'SAH from Virginia

PLEASE come to Virginia and at the same time, you can speak for Creigh Deeds for Governor!!! Yes We Can!!

September 9, 2009 07:53 pm at 7:53 pm |
  18. Always Looking for the Real Story

President Obama's speech was for the mainstream media that refuses to tell the true story about health insurance. While not mentioned by name, Obama referenced Wendell Potter, a former health insurance insider whistle-blower who sums it up simply, health insurance is not about better health care, it's about Wall Street. I loved the tears, and references to Kennedy, bottom line, if this thing doesn't get passed we're going to all be sacked with higher health care costs. Anything, I repeat, anything driven by Wall Street like health insurance companies are is bound to suck the American wage earner out of every possible penny possible. And all for what.. so some greedy health insurance executive can by a Florida condo, or a house in the Hamptons. Pass the thing just as Obama said and forget the Republicans eating out of the hands of the health insurance lobbyists.

September 9, 2009 09:27 pm at 9:27 pm |
  19. CustomsWiz

Unimpressed and underwhelmed by Obama's speech on health care reform. Let's fix Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security to demonstrate how the government can clean up it's own mess before adding more bureaucracy into the mix.

September 9, 2009 09:48 pm at 9:48 pm |