September 14th, 2009

Clinton, Obama to have lunch

Clinton and Bill Clinton are set to have lunch Monday.
Clinton and Bill Clinton are set to have lunch Monday.

WASHINGTON (CNN) - Talk about a power lunch.

President Obama will meet for lunch Monday with former President Bill Clinton in New York City, the White House confirmed.

The two men are slated to meet after Obama gives a speech on the economy at Federal Hall in lower Manhattan.

Both attended a memorial service in New York City last week for Walter Cronkite.

1. Joe Fattal

Sometimes I can't tell who's running the country, and who's just looking good living in the White House and making lots of speeches.

September 14, 2009 10:02 am at 10:02 am |
  2. Fed up

Power lunch?? That's a matter of opinion. More like an EGO lunch among the 2 biggest narcissists around.

September 14, 2009 10:04 am at 10:04 am |
  3. Steph

On the one year anniversary of the Lehman Bros. collapse, I thank President Obama for making the tough decisions to guide the USA back to safety. The economy is turning around. Many of my unemployed friends have recently gotten jobs. I see some of the foreclosed homes being purchased in my subdivision. Keep it up!

September 14, 2009 10:06 am at 10:06 am |
  4. begalalaland

Plenty of pork for this pig fest. The talk will center on "how can I fool the American people again today, like you did."

September 14, 2009 10:08 am at 10:08 am |
  5. Dont blame me

I wonder which of the two will tell the biggest LIES ????

September 14, 2009 10:10 am at 10:10 am |
  6. bj,texas

Wow. I'm sure slick willy will give Oblunder some tips on how to lie to the american people and how to get away with it.

September 14, 2009 10:11 am at 10:11 am |
  7. Jon

Who cares?

September 14, 2009 10:12 am at 10:12 am |
  8. big daddy

That could only be great for our country !! The two smartest people
    in Amercia at one setting.I agree with Mr.Clinton,you do not need
    the gop for health care!!! Just get it done and move on.God Bless both of you and thank you for the work you do for the American people !!

September 14, 2009 10:17 am at 10:17 am |
  9. Mason

Probably a good idea if Bill just moved back into the White House for the next year with Obama. Obama's inexperience has harmed our country and it would be helpful if Clinton could be a full time mentor until they can take the training wheels off our current President.

September 14, 2009 10:21 am at 10:21 am |
  10. Susan

So glad that Obama is taking advice from the master politician. These two will be a force if they decide to work together. No one is better at gauging public sentiment than Clinton. I hope he tells Obama to be tough and not take any more crap from the liars on the right. This cause is just, and the arguments against it are the same recycled arguments used against FDR and LBJ. Why is it always Dems who make the big changes in this country, while the Republicans seem best at going to war and ruining the budget?

September 14, 2009 10:22 am at 10:22 am |
  11. Chris D.

Good.... council is always needed and appreciated from wise men.

September 14, 2009 10:29 am at 10:29 am |
  12. Wake Up

Maybe Clinton can talk Obama into not being a left-wing Marxist? Clinton was successful because he CUT GOVERNMENT...MADE IT SMALLER!. Obama, wake up.

September 14, 2009 10:36 am at 10:36 am |
  13. Susan in NC

I think it's terrific. I'm sure the former president can offer some sound & proven enconomic advice. No matter how much he has been slammed, President Clinton had the US citizens and our economy in a much better place than any recent presidents.

September 14, 2009 10:39 am at 10:39 am |
  14. FORMER repubublican, NEVER again!

Two GREAT Presidents!

September 14, 2009 10:40 am at 10:40 am |
  15. S Callahan

No disrepect to Clinton, but I would be more interested in the speech at Federal Hall.

September 14, 2009 10:41 am at 10:41 am |
  16. LW In Texas

Bill Clinton can give President Obama some good advice on Healthcare, and working with the other side of the isle. Also might be able to pull in a couple of the Blue Dogs.

September 14, 2009 10:43 am at 10:43 am |
  17. Farmer

I`d love to be a fly on the wall at that lunch

September 14, 2009 10:43 am at 10:43 am |
  18. Barry

This is news?

September 14, 2009 10:47 am at 10:47 am |
  19. jaye

I wish I could join them. :)

September 14, 2009 10:53 am at 10:53 am |
  20. Some republican guy

Heavens to murgatroid! They're having lunch together. It's a socialist conspiracy!!!!!! Lock up your grandbabies!!!!! Have a nice day!

September 14, 2009 10:55 am at 10:55 am |
  21. no need to know

When you look at President Obama and former President Clinton they are better than the whole republican party in thinking for our country. Joe Wilson is the sign of retardation and idiocy

September 14, 2009 10:57 am at 10:57 am |
  22. ThinkAgain

I hope Clinton urges Obama to take the gloves off and go it alone on health care reform. The Republicans have very plainly shown that they care more about getting back into power than in helping the American people.

The time to stop pandering to the Republican bullies is NOW!

September 14, 2009 10:58 am at 10:58 am |
  23. Loup Garou 782

One can only hope that for their safety and wellbeing , the patrons, wiate staff and cooks do not turn thier backs on thes pair while they make plans during lunch. These people are treacherous,watch your back.

September 14, 2009 10:58 am at 10:58 am |