September 15th, 2009

I may be hurt, Tom DeLay tweets

ALT TEXT

Former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay and his dancing partner, Cheryl Burke, practice for his debut on this season of Dancing With The Stars, debuting next week on ABC. (PHOTO CREDIT: ABC)

(CNN) - Tom DeLay may have left the political spotlight - but he says a broken bone or two isn't enough to force him to cede the real thing.

"Old age is catching up to me, may have a stress fracture in my foot," the former House Majority Leader, a contestant on this season of ABC's Dancing With the Stars, wrote on Twitter Tuesday. "no worries, it'll take more than that to keep me off the dance floor!"

The show's new season is slated to debut next week.

Update 5:56 p.m.: DeLay has informed his Twitter followers that his condition is "a pre-stress fracture. I live for another day."

Filed under: Tom DeLay
  1. REPUBLICANS LIE

What about the fracture in his brain?

September 15, 2009 05:14 pm at 5:14 pm |
  2. malclave

The libs' fortcoming comments rejoicing in DeLay's injury, and wishing they were worse, should be interesting.

And by "interesting" I mean depraved and pathetic, as expected of liberals.

September 15, 2009 05:14 pm at 5:14 pm |
  3. Alice Wonderland

Has Mr. DeLay come out yet? Watch that smile and hip movement.

September 15, 2009 05:17 pm at 5:17 pm |
  4. Joe Wilson is the Ann Coulter of the U.S. House

Delay is a charming and handsome indicted celebrity and his sexy dance moves send a tingle up my leg. How did Cheryl Burke get so lucky to get a young, talented and graceful dance partner?

September 15, 2009 05:18 pm at 5:18 pm |
  5. J Gray

All those years embarrassing Houston and Texas politically and now here he is with his pants pulled up to his belly button..smoooth

September 15, 2009 05:21 pm at 5:21 pm |
  6. Linda.. WI

The bug exterminator has three feet and jello flab bouncing around.

September 15, 2009 05:28 pm at 5:28 pm |
  7. Trade Freedom for Security, Lose Both

Congress needs lessons – they're not very good at tap dancing.

September 15, 2009 05:30 pm at 5:30 pm |
  8. Lynda/Minnesota

"Tom DeLay may have left the political spotlight" ...
    -----------------------–

Funny how corruption charges hang over political figures, isn't it?

I see DeLay has his *FOX* trotting dance shoes on . . . keep tapping, Tom.

September 15, 2009 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |
  9. EBC

Honestly,

Tom Delay, is nothing but a BIG MOUTH washed out-wanna be politician. He did this for publicity. This OLD dinosaur got a reality check.

Why are we not surprised that this OLD man with his wig wearing self got hurt while dancing?

Delay had no business being on this dance show, he's NOT a dancer and he doesn't have the stamina when it comes to the demanding routine. Who are we kidding here? I mean really?

These shows are starting to get really, really old and predictable. Next we'll be seeing Rush Limbaugh, Newt Gingrich or Joe Wilson on Dancing with the Stars! Eeeehew.

September 15, 2009 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |
  10. fedupwiththe repubs in Texas

tears are running down my cheeks.....with laughter. Delay may be acting the baffoon now but he's still a jerk.

September 15, 2009 05:36 pm at 5:36 pm |
  11. Obama administration AKA "Looney Tunes"

What's this have to do with anything important at this time? We watch Barack having a beer at the White House and walking his varmit, or I guess they call it a dog. Why is this news-worthy?

September 15, 2009 05:38 pm at 5:38 pm |
  12. Rita Ross

I won't watch until the big mouth two-faced idiot gets voted off. Their loss.
    What a waste when we could have somebody much cooler than this idiot.

September 15, 2009 05:43 pm at 5:43 pm |
  13. what a tweaker

just when you thought DeLay went away... he's back

it was better when he was away

September 15, 2009 05:45 pm at 5:45 pm |
  14. S Callahana NYS

I look forward to it coming back on the channel..it's a nice distraction.

September 15, 2009 05:45 pm at 5:45 pm |
  15. Well oh well

What did this young lady do to deserve being partnered with this idiot.

September 15, 2009 05:46 pm at 5:46 pm |
  16. reality check

Lead, follow or get out of the way! Better yet, just GO AWAY!

September 15, 2009 05:47 pm at 5:47 pm |
  17. sb

I admire Cheryl Burke and I hope she doesn't have to put up with Delay long.

September 15, 2009 05:50 pm at 5:50 pm |
  18. Ozzi

Actually, I look forward to seeing Mr. Delay on the dance floor. I wish him well.

September 15, 2009 05:54 pm at 5:54 pm |
  19. Dennis

News? This is news? Not that many people watch this lame program anyway–who's taking the payoff for re-inserting Tom "The Devil's Workshop" Delay into the public eye? It's offensive. It's just as offensive as re-inserting Dick "Richard the Inquisitor" Cheney into the public eye so he can sell his book on what he DIDN'T get away with as Vice President.

September 15, 2009 05:55 pm at 5:55 pm |
  20. nola

Will not be watching the show – Was Delay the only person that would dance on the show?

September 15, 2009 05:55 pm at 5:55 pm |
  21. gypsydaveywithablowtorch

Dancing on with a broken foot-boy is this guy impressive! I just love Twitter-where would we be without this wonderful knowledge?

September 15, 2009 06:05 pm at 6:05 pm |
  22. Kate in SW Fla

Why would they accept a contestant who is such an obviously partisan political hack. This shows a complete lack of judgement and decorum. I will not be watching.

September 15, 2009 06:06 pm at 6:06 pm |
  23. LacrosseMom

What a joke.

September 15, 2009 06:08 pm at 6:08 pm |
  24. Marie MD

Good! Still don't understand how a loser like you was picked for this show, but then again, it's not what it was in the first few seasons. Live for another day, whoopeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

September 15, 2009 06:10 pm at 6:10 pm |
  25. Video Guy

Which "Star" is he dancing with?

September 15, 2009 06:13 pm at 6:13 pm |