September 16th, 2009
  1. Joe Wilson is the Ann Coulter of the U.S. House

Carville is right again. You don't need a tell-all book designed to enrich the author by violating the confidentiality of private conversations, in order to know that Bush was a clueless idiot who lied to the American people in order to invade Iraq and take out their government without a congressional Declaration of War.

September 16, 2009 12:05 pm at 12:05 pm |
  2. MC

Well said James. I couldn't agree more. I'm not a fan of GW Bush, but he does deserve to have his privacy respected. I find it amazing there is no confidentiality clause WH staffers sign that would prevent him from recounting such comments from the president.

September 16, 2009 12:07 pm at 12:07 pm |
  3. Ron In California

Even if Bush said Obama has no clue....so what. President's are entitled to an opnion. And If he did say it...he seems to have been correct. Obama's Foreign policy is awful.

September 16, 2009 12:08 pm at 12:08 pm |
  4. Reformed Republican

Bush walks, talks, acts and thinks like a draft-dodging, elitist college frat boy and this new book just validates these saliant observations...

September 16, 2009 12:11 pm at 12:11 pm |
  5. J.P.

Oh, I'm sorry... did I miss something?
    Is George Bush still the president?

Nope. That would be your hope-smoking change-peddler.

Given the pattern we've seen from Obama's first eight months in office, we would be wise to hook up an generator to America's national debt clock... it's incredibly high rate of spinning would power the planet for millenia to come.

September 16, 2009 12:14 pm at 12:14 pm |
  6. eual stanga

Tell mr.Carter that he had his time as prez. and to go and build houses how does he know what people think / and is this U.S.we are suppose to be allowed our own thoughts and choices who we like and support

September 16, 2009 12:16 pm at 12:16 pm |
  7. Joshua

Never been a Carville fan since I disagree with most of his ideology but I will give you this he is a great friend, advisor, and confidante. No wonder Clinton and loves him and rightfully so.

September 16, 2009 12:17 pm at 12:17 pm |
  8. Post always rejected by CNN

Oh gee and after eight years....Bush doesn't have a clue...Cheney hasn't filled him in, in a long time seven months or so.

September 16, 2009 12:17 pm at 12:17 pm |
  9. David

Carter is pathetic. He had one of the worst Administrations in American History. Since leaving office in 1980 after ONE term he has not stopped being critical of his country here and abroad and cozying up to leftists like Hugo Chavez and Fidel Castro. President Obama is the President of the United States, not the Black President of the United States. Criticism of his policies and direction is not driven by racism. It is driven by strongly divergent opinions on the future direction of this country. To label it racism is a desparate strategy by Carter and his leftist commrades to bolster the President's sharply falling approval ratings. Its preposterous and weak, just like Jimmy.

September 16, 2009 12:18 pm at 12:18 pm |
  10. florida indep

Obama has as much of a clue as Bush/Cheny. I dont have any use for the Democrats and have even less use for the Republicans.

September 16, 2009 12:19 pm at 12:19 pm |
  11. Wake up America!!!

Does anyone else hear banjo music playing when James Carville talks?

September 16, 2009 12:22 pm at 12:22 pm |
  12. Reggie from LA

...and what makes GOP critics so capable on characterizing former President Carter's assertions as unfounded is their ability to, ah...because they are...well, they know everything? I'd love to hear someone explain why he's wrong. Not why they BELIEVE he's wrong. A lot negative press has been uttered regarding President Obama. Not much of it is fact-base (Birther's / Deather's / Teabaggers). It seems to be coming from the gut. Same place racism comes from.

September 16, 2009 12:23 pm at 12:23 pm |
  13. awaitingliberalizationbyCNN

I guess Rahm and Paul decided during their morning phone call that to let Carville and CNN handle this. Pretty sure that Pelosi will weigh in next calling Bush an "unpatriotic American" and then Jimmy Carter will call him a "racist." Someone had the audacity to say something unfavorable about dear leader, time for the libs to start the name calling and demonization.

September 16, 2009 12:23 pm at 12:23 pm |
  14. Independent

I'm certainly no fan of Bush but I totally agree that he was gracious to Obama and these people who now wants to tell all should just shut up and I would say the same once Obama is no longer in office......These people have no shame and no honor

September 16, 2009 12:25 pm at 12:25 pm |
  15. worriedmom

I dont normally agree with Carville but he is right with this one! People will do anything to make a buck.

September 16, 2009 12:26 pm at 12:26 pm |
  16. George Guadiane - Austerlitz, NY

You'd call me a "Liberal/Socialist/Communist," but I agree with Carville, we should be allowed places of privacy where we can say what's on our minds, no matter how silly, inflammatory and/or politically incorrect without worrying about tell all books... (illegal should not be protected anywhere, however)
    And the White House should certainly be one of those places.
    Hopefully, former President Bush has left enough documented evidence of his action to show his mindset without undocumented reports from this "dweeb."

September 16, 2009 12:27 pm at 12:27 pm |
  17. mjm

We all felt Obama wasn't qualified. We never like McCain and I didn't know who Palin was. Bush got it right.

Now we see just how unqualified Obama is.

Told you so.

It's not just Obama. The Democrats are a disaster. Their policies are a disaster in the making.

By the way, only losers claim the opposition is racist. There are many Democrats in congress and the Senate who won't vote for this version of health care reform.

And we were right about ACORN being no good.

September 16, 2009 12:28 pm at 12:28 pm |
  18. once upon a horse

President Bush had 8 years to get the nation in the mess we're in but President Obama only gets 9 months to get it straighten out. Go figure....

September 16, 2009 12:29 pm at 12:29 pm |
  19. Paul from Phoenix

More proof that no matter your thoughts of Carville politically, he should be respected as a person who speaks the truth no matter if it hurts or helps his party.

September 16, 2009 12:31 pm at 12:31 pm |
  20. phoenix86

Carville is entertaining but a complete moron.

September 16, 2009 12:32 pm at 12:32 pm |
  21. Metoo

What is happening with loyalty? I am a Democrat voted for Obama- (African American)proud of it. I am totally sadden that a private friend of the former president (Bush) WOULD WRITE THIS TELL ALL BOOK. I believe he(Bush) said those things but soooooooooooo what the first amendment protects him as well. We need to get over all this foolishness/ get to the hurt and soul of the problems of this nation. If not you will have people like me running for public office(with zero clue) winning and then this great country would really be in a shameful mess.
    Metoo

September 16, 2009 12:33 pm at 12:33 pm |
  22. Robert

Wow... I can't believe I'm saying this but... DEAD ON Carville!!!

(Now to go wash my mouth out with soap and take a few aspirin)

September 16, 2009 12:33 pm at 12:33 pm |
  23. Rumsfeld

I agree with Carville.

September 16, 2009 12:35 pm at 12:35 pm |
  24. Jane

Carville is a hoot, and he's right in this case. Those kinds of convos even if they are accurate, do not need to be tattled to the public.

September 16, 2009 12:37 pm at 12:37 pm |
  25. Idiot_Pelosi

Carville?

Anyone listens to Carville?

September 16, 2009 12:37 pm at 12:37 pm |