September 16th, 2009
  1. Squigman

Clueless? If Obama is clueless, Bush must have been completely brain dead. I doubt there will ever be (in our lifetime), a President as out of sync with the people as Bush. This also speaks lowly of the idiots that voted him in office, not once but twice. Tell me, how does the Republican party get so many people to vote against their own best interest that they elect a moron such as Bush?

September 16, 2009 06:11 pm at 6:11 pm |
  2. natnat

I like how Bush is the most stupid guy on the planet, and he stole 2 elections from all of you Smartypants. Idiots

September 16, 2009 06:18 pm at 6:18 pm |
  3. TexasAnnie *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

I like James Carville, but I think he really needs to just step back and hold his tongue on this one.... and probably on a lot more.

September 16, 2009 06:34 pm at 6:34 pm |
  4. AbraGina

Lefties, PLEASE get over it. Bush isn't president anymore. Why is it that when Obama's poll numbers start to drop, words like "former administration", "inherited", and "not our fault" start to come out more and more. By the way, I don't care what anyone "believes", I'd rather know what you "think". The "Bush Lied" story just doesn't hold water anymore so good luck carrying that bucket.

September 16, 2009 06:35 pm at 6:35 pm |
  5. makesUwonder

Hey, wouldn't it be great if Rep. Joe Wilson and James Carville went one on one. I would be sure to place my bet on who the winner would be.............REP. JOE WILSON!

September 16, 2009 06:37 pm at 6:37 pm |
  6. STH

I get the feeling that a lot of you who wrote "Carville is a liar" didn't take the time to watch the video.... He wasn't trying to say something factual or otherwise, he was just saying his opinion, so I don't see how that can be construed as lying.

If you actually would watch the video, conservatives, you would see that he's defending the right to Bush's personal privacy. Isn't that something you guys like a lot?

Take the time to read the article or watch the video before posting comments so you don't sound like an idiot.

September 16, 2009 06:37 pm at 6:37 pm |
  7. Margaret Dernier

Wow, Bush was right. Obama has no clue what he is doing. Obama makes Bush look like an Einstein.

September 16, 2009 06:41 pm at 6:41 pm |
  8. Tholdiel

Well this isn't a lie,especially since the Dems have accused of it, Bush is right on about Obama.

September 16, 2009 06:41 pm at 6:41 pm |
  9. New Yorker

Bush was correct if he said Obama doesn't have a clue and those who voted for him are clueless followers.

September 16, 2009 06:43 pm at 6:43 pm |
  10. Gordon Shumway

Coming from a low-life sleazebag like Carville makes this a compliment!

September 16, 2009 06:48 pm at 6:48 pm |
  11. Bama's Boy

Way to Go James!!! Straight to the point and well said...

September 16, 2009 06:51 pm at 6:51 pm |
  12. Dan

W was a moron who never should have been president ... but Carville's RIGHT: the President and the office, both deserve more respect than this.

September 16, 2009 06:52 pm at 6:52 pm |
  13. Oregon HC

Agree totally with Carville on this one. Everyone, including US Presidents should have a chance to say what is on their mind without the whole world knowing.

Most bothersome is during this week of Kanye, Serena and Wilson with virtually every news site asking are we rude / have we lost our civility, is that people from the stature of James Carville to presumably educated people writing comments, are ranting, raving and name calling. Yes, I am afraid we are losing our civility.

September 16, 2009 06:54 pm at 6:54 pm |
  14. Anne E.

On one hand, I agree with Mr. Carville. On the other, Bush deserves to be "outed" as much as possible because of the secrecy which shrouded the administration.
    And yet - do we really want to know? Would that Bushco could fade into obscurity. They've done enough damage on so many levels.

September 16, 2009 06:57 pm at 6:57 pm |
  15. GOP

I must admit he does make a good point. The guy is trying to sell a book why would he not want to make something up in order to do just that.

Bush might have said just that but who cares. It was his opinion and right to do so. I heard Hillary say just about the same thing about Obama when she was running against him.

Any one like to get outraged over that? Bill Clinton called Obama a thug and people did not seem to be very upset. Unless any one can prove that Bush said it its just hearsay and nothing more.

Nevertheless, the liberals on this forum believe anything bad said about Bush, is a fact and I bet they have said a lot worst things about Bush over the years.

One thing I can indeed point out and I believe any one can see it if they open their eyes and that is Obama is clueless and somewhat a dim-wit.

The things he is trying to put on this country will only lead to its downfall and to Obama that is a good thing!

September 16, 2009 07:00 pm at 7:00 pm |
  16. Julia

He's absolutely right. Every president has the right to privacy. Bush has a right to his opinions and he shouldn't have to defend or regulate his speech among the people who have the privilege to work in his administration. I'm not a fan of President Bush, but I am a fan of the Office of the President of the United States no matter who occupies that office. The position is entitled to respect whether they're in or out of office. As much as I disagreed with President Bush, I refused to watch the movie, 'W." It's disrespectful to do this to a sitting president.

September 16, 2009 07:01 pm at 7:01 pm |
  17. Sweet T

The author is probably unemployed since bush left office and needed some quick bucks. James was too nice to the schmuck; I will never forget the day on "Crossfire" when he told off Ann Coulter.

Classic Carville!

September 16, 2009 07:11 pm at 7:11 pm |
  18. Outlaw J.R. James

Carville is right. Though over the years most of Carville's comments I have dis agrreded with, he's right on the money. These people who have the "honor" to work for a president, Dem or Repub, should retain and maintain that honor long after leaving the White House, instead of looking for a qiuck buck in a book of comments that can not be proved. I don't know who is worse, the Dweeb that wrote it, or the idiotic morons who would buy just to get thier jollies on mre bush bashing....so pathetic.

September 16, 2009 07:17 pm at 7:17 pm |
  19. Thomas

I disagree with Carville on many substantive issues, but I also recognize that he is extremely intelligent and thoughtful. He is right about this issue no matter which side of the aisle we are talking about. And all of you hate-filled, far left, half-brained idiots, you are as bad for this country as the far right psychos. We have serious issues in this country and they need to be solved by consensus. Enough with the people on the fringes.

September 16, 2009 07:20 pm at 7:20 pm |
  20. Mike, Syracuse, NY

My gosh, Carville is right for once. I guess it's true that even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while.

September 16, 2009 07:32 pm at 7:32 pm |
  21. ib

Oh goody another thing to bash Bush about while Rangel; Frank and others are being covered by these hyprocrites. At least it will get everyones mind off Rangel won't it???

September 16, 2009 07:33 pm at 7:33 pm |
  22. dj

go get 'em James!

For once, I totally agree with you. If you work for the President, you need to respect that, and you don't sell the President out for money. You don't tell, unless there's something illegal or clearly, highly unethical gouing on.

September 16, 2009 07:59 pm at 7:59 pm |
  23. Denna

I can't believe that Bush would dare call President Obama clueless. Is this man completely delusional about his reign in the White House. I thought just the lower-echelon like Joey Wilson were nuts, but apparently it goes all the way to the top. I say Wilson/Palin in 2012. Let's see if they think America is a stupid as they think we are!

September 16, 2009 08:12 pm at 8:12 pm |
  24. jules sand-perkins

As much as I respect President George W. Bush, if he said that Obama was clueless, I would disagree with him.
    Obama is a very great star.
    He has made himself one. He has wonderful charisma, and he reads a great speech.
    His PR image is a model for rock performers, and he has a properly attractive family.
    Do not underestimate the President: although a socialist, he is certainly not "clueless."

September 16, 2009 08:28 pm at 8:28 pm |
  25. DeathPanels

The guy is lying to sell books.

The stupid ones are the Fringe Media and the people that believe anything these loons say.

September 16, 2009 10:49 pm at 10:49 pm |