September 18th, 2009

House Democrats outraise GOP in August

WASHINGTON (CNN) - The House Democratic and Republican campaign committees Friday each reported raising more than $3 million last month, but Democrats maintain a significant cash-on-hand advantage over the GOP one year before the midterm elections.

The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee said it raised $3.3 million in August, and currently has just over $10.7 million in the bank. Meanwhile, the National Republican Congressional Committee reported collecting about $3.2 million last month, leaving it with a cash-on-hand balance of $4.2 million.

Even though the DCCC is carrying more than double the debt of the NRCC - $4.7 million to $2 million - Democrats ended the month with a stronger bank balance of more than $6 million, compared to the GOP's $2.2 million.

Filed under: DCCC • NRCC
  1. www.robmillerforcongress.com

I am happy to say that I've already made my contrabution to the DCCC this month.

I've also donated to the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and to Rob Miller for Congress. Rob Miller, a former marine, an Iraq war veteran, and owner of a small business in South Carolina, is the Democratic challenger to Joe "You Lie" Willson.

I will also contribute to the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee this month, even though I am less happy with Senate Democrats than I am with House Democrats under Speaker Pelosi's leadership.

September 18, 2009 07:06 pm at 7:06 pm |
  2. Rob

I read earlier today that the GOP outraised the Democrats... which made me contribute to the DNC! Oh well.., they doubled my donation so glad I did.

September 18, 2009 07:29 pm at 7:29 pm |
  3. Kate in SW Fla

I send a small amount each month, as do many like me. I know we will lose some seats to the Republicans in 2010, I just want to help keep it to a minimum and not let those who almost destroyed this country get back into majorities. If they do, all is lost, there is no hope of any future, we are doomed!

September 18, 2009 07:29 pm at 7:29 pm |
  4. jaye

No surprise here.

September 18, 2009 07:36 pm at 7:36 pm |
  5. patrickquinlan

Thats weird... I guess the democrats still do have the majority.

September 18, 2009 07:41 pm at 7:41 pm |
  6. HUGO

It wont matter how much money the DNC raises, the job they are doing will speak for itself in 2010 and 2012. When the liberal idiots supporting Obama policies wake up and get the tax and cost increases created by all of this, they will undoubtedly wake up.

September 18, 2009 07:46 pm at 7:46 pm |
  7. Steph

That's because we want health care reform, and we're sick of the lies from the right.

September 18, 2009 07:46 pm at 7:46 pm |
  8. NC

This means people are tired of the Republicans dividing this country.
    During August the Republicans and their hate drove people away. The only people they have left are not the ones representing main stream America.

September 18, 2009 07:48 pm at 7:48 pm |
  9. The Voice

Looks like the right is going to loose more seats in 2010!

The party of NO & Status Quo, are becoming extinct! Best thing that could happen to America!

September 18, 2009 08:01 pm at 8:01 pm |
  10. Candy

Contributing to the GOP is like throwing money down the drain.

September 18, 2009 08:01 pm at 8:01 pm |
  11. Peoples Voice

If you are intelligent, willing to work with Americans and love this country, we are willing to have you come over from the Republican Party.

We welcome you with open arms.

If you still have no agenda except to see our president and our country fail, then stay where you are and become even more irrelevant.

September 18, 2009 08:05 pm at 8:05 pm |
  12. dave

fox is a republican false news show screw them

September 18, 2009 08:13 pm at 8:13 pm |
  13. Vigla

Don't believe the hype thet people are flocking to the Republicans. People know they can't be trusted. I expect no significant changes in 2010.

September 18, 2009 08:14 pm at 8:14 pm |
  14. The Guy

I hope the Dems DESTROY the GOp in 2010!!

September 18, 2009 08:34 pm at 8:34 pm |
  15. old timer

who cares we have one thing to thank Obama for and that will the cleaning out of the oldtimers when the next election comes around.

VOTE THEM ALL OUT OF OFFICE AND START NEW

September 18, 2009 08:34 pm at 8:34 pm |
  16. Sammy

Good luck keeping you job, Harry. See you at the polls.

September 18, 2009 08:35 pm at 8:35 pm |
  17. Avram

Fox News: all the self-serving lies fit to print.

September 18, 2009 08:37 pm at 8:37 pm |
  18. Rob

And yet still their policies and their poll numbers are in the toilet.

September 18, 2009 08:38 pm at 8:38 pm |
  19. R.O.B.

Yep, that's how it is. The Republicans are raising more hell than money. It may seem like the "red" is trying to come back, but they aren't doing anything but talking loud. I can't wait until the mid-term elections when the Democrats come out in droves and vote even more of these Good ol' Boys out of office.

September 18, 2009 08:45 pm at 8:45 pm |
  20. S Callahan

Meanwhile while these proud politicans hold their noses high in the air there are children living in third world conditions in the US..imagine...children going to bed hungry each night, some without even the simpelest of need met....yet there goes the boast of how great the treasure box is filled.....something to be proud of, ehy?

September 18, 2009 08:49 pm at 8:49 pm |
  21. Fisher

Money will not do much to help Dems in upcoming elections. The American people have their number. Go ahead, waster your money. We don't nee money, we need honesty in Government.

September 18, 2009 09:10 pm at 9:10 pm |
  22. Allison in Atlanta

DUH!! With the Republicans shooting off their mouths, is it any wonder????

September 18, 2009 09:23 pm at 9:23 pm |
  23. Bridgette

If you listen to the all the news channels you would think the whole world hated Democrats the month of August. Shows you can't believe half of what you hear and none of what you see.

September 18, 2009 09:30 pm at 9:30 pm |
  24. Mariann Pepitone

I think the Democrats iinflate the total of their money on hand to make the republicans think they have more than the republicans. Not true. I never believed what the Democrats take in when they hold a fundraiser. I think Obama's staff told the same story about what they took in. They wanted to make it look bad for the republican party and tol change people's minds in who to vote for. I am glad that Acorn finally got caught and no more funding for them. They are a fraud and I believe they may have thrown thousand of votes for McCain out the window from every state they had offices in.

September 18, 2009 09:34 pm at 9:34 pm |
  25. Gene

Come next year.. if the Republican party loses even MORE seats in Congress.. hopefully that'll shut the right wing up about what the trends truly are. Even though the right may be the loudest.. it's only because they're the ones protesting.. come election time, the republicans will have an even smaller voice.

September 18, 2009 09:41 pm at 9:41 pm |