September 19th, 2009

Dinner with Palin goes for $63,500

A dinner with Sarah Palin was auctioned off for charity.
A dinner with Sarah Palin was auctioned off for charity.

WASHINGTON (CNN)– Dinner with Sarah Palin for $63,500?

That's what the winner of an eBay auction is forking over to chow down with the former Alaska governor, her husband, Todd and five guests.

Seven people bid a total of 61 times, starting with an opening bid of $25,000. The winner bid 27 times before winning with the $63,500 bid.

The proceeds will go to "Ride 2 Recovery," a charity that provides wounded veterans with bicycles and organized rides to help in their mental and physical recovery.

"Todd and I are so happy to help such a worthy organization," Palin said September 10 on her Facebook page.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. Bob

waste of money!! My word!

September 19, 2009 11:58 am at 11:58 am |
  2. Reggie

Palin/Romney 2012. They'll have their hands full trying to correct all of Obama's mistakes, but they can do it.

September 19, 2009 11:59 am at 11:59 am |
  3. AJ

Fools and their money...

September 19, 2009 12:04 pm at 12:04 pm |
  4. Cheryl from MN

Must have been 7 people that are personal friends of hers that did the bidding. Maybe the winner was her husband.

September 19, 2009 12:04 pm at 12:04 pm |
  5. Clint

It would be to bad if she didn't show up.

September 19, 2009 12:08 pm at 12:08 pm |
  6. suzyku

It's pretty pathetic if this person has nothing better to do with her $$ than to spend it having dinner with a moron! Gee she could do that for free with any right wing nut!

September 19, 2009 12:10 pm at 12:10 pm |
  7. katiec

This just shows the stupidity of some.

September 19, 2009 12:11 pm at 12:11 pm |
  8. Robert C. Higgins

I am a great admirer of Mrs. Palin I think she should consider serving us on a federal level.

September 19, 2009 12:12 pm at 12:12 pm |
  9. ral-ohio

Such a great and worthy organization will get the monies that this
    charity auction as it was set up for.

The winner is being reported as a defense construction outfit from
    Alabama, which I am sure that Sarah shouldn't have any problem having dinner with. Imagine the conversations they will have about
    how to garner and lobby for defense work with the government.
    ::sigh::

I think the number two bidder would have made a better dinner companion and would not appear to be a set-up as the current
    winner appears to be.

Number two bidder was Joe McGinniss, author and Palin critic.
    Now that would have made for some stimulating dinner conversation.

September 19, 2009 12:14 pm at 12:14 pm |
  10. A. T.

I think she is former something! She abandoned the people of Alaska just to make money! A dinner with her at $0.65, I will likely sent my money to the bridge to nowhere project. I don't like quitters.

September 19, 2009 12:15 pm at 12:15 pm |
  11. Minnesotan in Canada

It would have been cheaper to rent Dumb and Dumber. Perhaps the funds could also be used for ESL courses for Palin.

September 19, 2009 12:16 pm at 12:16 pm |
  12. ProfBill

I would have bid, but only if she promised not to talk.

September 19, 2009 12:16 pm at 12:16 pm |
  13. RRRUSA

I agree the money is for a good charity regardless of your opinion of Palin. The fact that only 7 people bid on this should speak for itself.
    Don't forget.....they still have to pass the Sarah Palin background check before she will show up!

September 19, 2009 12:16 pm at 12:16 pm |
  14. JS007

Oh man, I wish they would tell us who won! I think it may be Keith Olbermann, ha ha!

September 19, 2009 12:18 pm at 12:18 pm |
  15. Maximus

Who cares?

September 19, 2009 12:19 pm at 12:19 pm |
  16. er doc

If I had the spare cash, I would spend the money to sit down with the Palins. It would be great to offer Sarah support, and to hear some of her stories. Its a wonderful thing to see not only a strong, beautiful woman, but also a woman who is not misdirected by power. What a rare and exciting person. Of course she gets attention. She doesn't fit into the molds that people wish she would. One of the first honest mavericks we are about to see.

September 19, 2009 12:25 pm at 12:25 pm |
  17. Debra R

It's cool to support our vets.....but the liberal haters will have a field day with this

September 19, 2009 12:29 pm at 12:29 pm |
  18. Barbara

Brig your own doggie bag to fit all her mindless ramblings in! I think she Gotcha!

September 19, 2009 12:30 pm at 12:30 pm |
  19. Bob (Illinois)

I would have demanded much more before I agreed to have dinner with her.

September 19, 2009 12:36 pm at 12:36 pm |
  20. DrMyEye, Rockford, IL

I hope that her meal comes with crayons.

September 19, 2009 12:39 pm at 12:39 pm |