September 25th, 2009

Michelle Obama hosts spouses of World leaders at G20 summit

ALT TEXT

US First Lady Michelle Obama poses with other G20 leaders spouses at the Creative and Performing Arts school in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, on the sidelines of the G20 summit. (PHOTO CREDITS: Getty Images)

Filed under: Michelle Obama
  1. paula

In response to the shallow comments about how "beautiful" these women are:How nice to see a group of ladies representing different faiths and countries, of many different colors, standing together in our great country. Maybe there is hope for humans!

September 25, 2009 05:17 pm at 5:17 pm |
  2. Martha

To all of you concerned about the German chancellor's husband: She did not attend so why would he be there alone?

And to the haters: can't you try to see the good in people? why does it have to come down to looks, although our First Lady is beautiful. I hope everyone around you is just beautiful but I bet not.

September 25, 2009 05:18 pm at 5:18 pm |
  3. Dwight Frye

They're all laughing because the lady in the headscarfe just cut one.

September 25, 2009 05:21 pm at 5:21 pm |
  4. Denna

Classiest hostess of all time. You go Michelle. We are proud of your beauty and class.

September 25, 2009 05:22 pm at 5:22 pm |
  5. Oh no..

@Eyes wide OPEN!!!! who said:

"Cindy McCain looks like Cousin It of the Adams Family ***Red Foxx said nothing is uglier than an old Whtie Woman !!!"

**************************************************************************
    Wow, was that actually Michelle Obama in the pic? I actually thought it was Shaquille ONeal with botched up facelift and a $1.00 wig on.

September 25, 2009 05:27 pm at 5:27 pm |
  6. Robert

My God, they're all midgets compared to her... And I don't think she is THAT tall..

September 25, 2009 05:28 pm at 5:28 pm |
  7. Marie Laveaux

In response to the ugly comments posted about Mrs. Obama I can only say that your bigotry is blatantly obvious, especially if your only standard of beauty is the very caucasian look of Cindy Mc Cain. I know it's hard for some of you to admit it, even to yourselves, but our First Lady is very attractive, but the bottom line here is that those of you who are making these caustic and insulting remarks about any of the women in this photo are shallow, mean- spirited little people.

September 25, 2009 05:29 pm at 5:29 pm |
  8. Cruzan Obama Mama

First Lady Michelle Obama is just downright AWESOME!!!!

I want to be just like her when I grow up. LOL!!!!!!

September 25, 2009 05:30 pm at 5:30 pm |
  9. first dude

I'm confused as to why there are more than 20 women in the photo? Are some of the foreign presidents allowed to have multiple wives. That would be interesting. hmm.....

As for beauty, Sarkozy is the obvious winner. But I would say two others aren't too bad. The one in the red over Michelle's right shoulder seems okay. And the one in the gray two spaces to the right of Michelle seems okay too. (she's kinda like the mirror Sarkozy spot).

And yes, everyone is beautiful in their own special way. But I was talking about the type of beauty that most people can agree upon.

September 25, 2009 05:30 pm at 5:30 pm |
  10. cbpds

In a G20 summit , there are 20 leaders with 22 wives?
    Who is polygamous here :)

September 25, 2009 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  11. Jo Jo

Now, this is the America we ALL deserve! Where people from ALL walks of life can come together. Great job First Lady! You represent us well! For those who say, "this is just a picture", I beg to differ. A picture is worth a thousand words and this one is saying, "behind every good man, is a great woman." First Lady of America, continue to make us proud!

September 25, 2009 05:36 pm at 5:36 pm |
  12. wisconsin mom

Wow! Sooo proud of our First Lady! Beauty, class and intelligence!

September 25, 2009 05:38 pm at 5:38 pm |
  13. Barbara

What a wonderful group. Good to see your First Lady smiling and obviously enjoying the company of self-assured women. Those who feel the need to be derogatory need merely to be ignored as the ignorant people they are!

September 25, 2009 05:38 pm at 5:38 pm |
  14. See what

That can't be Michelle Obama! I thought that was the head queen of some idigenous cannibal tribe in Brazil.

September 25, 2009 05:39 pm at 5:39 pm |
  15. Cruzan Obama Mama

Sue you are a total IDIOT!!! All the negative comments are ridiculous.

I guess in your mind Palin is a wonderful stay-at -home Mom, huh. She is a barely educated, wanna-be soccer Mom that can barely form a sentence. Plus she is never home to even be the soccer Mom. Not to mention the accomplishments of her kids.....teen-age mother and school drop out that turned to the Army. I'm sure that everything Levi said is not a lie, that is why there was no rebuttal. Great example and role model for all you Repub Moms.

Keep on keeping on with your negative thoughts....guess that is why all of you are BITTER!!!!

September 25, 2009 05:39 pm at 5:39 pm |
  16. junior

If the G20 represents 20 nations, why are there 22 women in the picture?

September 25, 2009 05:40 pm at 5:40 pm |
  17. Lina

Poor lady in the scarf. Whats the heck?
    And , yes , previous First Lady also had brain.

September 25, 2009 05:43 pm at 5:43 pm |
  18. Useyourbrain!!

Michelle Obama is a FINE first lady. I smile everytime I see her photo. By the way, I am a 70 years old white lady, born and raise in the South. It is time for you idiots to get over your racist attitudes and start living a "real" christian life everyday, not just when you are in church. I prefer not to attend church myself. I have found out that churches are full of sinners, hypocrites, and people who will take advantage of anyone and everyone (just give them half a chance).

September 25, 2009 05:45 pm at 5:45 pm |
  19. Kevin

Mrs. Obama looks great but boy is she tall or everyone else is just so short. I love her. Mrs. Obama may be President 1 day. But this is a good looking group of strong Woman. Great Work Mrs. Obama

September 25, 2009 05:45 pm at 5:45 pm |
  20. LacrosseMom(stuck in moderation)

September 25th, 2009 4:23 pm ET
    And this is the WANNA BE STAY-AT-HOME MOMMY????
    Guess NOT!!! As we're paying for her mother to live in luxury at the white house and do HER job we wonder – why did Michelle claim to want to be a good mother? Her husband left her and their children alone all his life while campaigning and SHE wanted to have a FAMILY life???
    Guess she and the Bomba are truly fame seekers!!!!!
    _______________________________________________________
    SUE, how mean can you be? EVERY First Lady in recent history has either traveled with her husband to these meetings or been the host when these meetings are held in the U.S.

Are you a Christian woman? You are judging and condemning Mrs. Obama, for doing her job as First Lady.

September 25, 2009 05:48 pm at 5:48 pm |
  21. BobH

There are 6 billion people in the world that love the Obamas, that respect America not only for rising above racism and electing a black President but for electing a leader of intelligence, compassion and vision. And there are a handful of hateful pinheads who can't stand that.

You can disagree with President Obama, but failing to see the symbolism in this picture, and how it raises the stature of the US all over the world is willful ignorance.

September 25, 2009 05:54 pm at 5:54 pm |
  22. Independent Mind

I am an Independent who voted 3rd Party. With that being said, the more and more I read these posts it sickens me. What has The First Lady done to anyone to deserve such foul comments? Is she not the right shade? Perhaps she doesn't have enough Anglo-Saxon characteristics. Although in this country operations, lip and butt injections, tanning of the skin ect.,as well as different tasks are done everyday to look more indiginous(Rep. John boehner) go figure. I would have more respect for people if they just told the truth as to why they don't like her. I can really feel the hate and jealousy from these people. WE HAVE A FIRST LADY WHO IS NOT FAIR SKINNED GET OVER IT.

To suggest that Mrs. Sarcozy is better looking supports the theory of sheer hate. People would rather give glory to and respect other First Ladiesof different countries than their own? Wow. Even though Bush was terrible, I stood behind him as an American. I would never look at other first ladies with higher regards than that of the U.S. First Lady regardless of political party or RACE!

September 25, 2009 05:58 pm at 5:58 pm |
  23. Sandy

The only sad or embarassing thing about this photo is that it is ALL women. I know that there are a couple of female leaders out there, but honestly, this picture is a social and political travesty.

September 25, 2009 06:00 pm at 6:00 pm |
  24. Jasmine in Germany

What a wonderful photo and a wonderful contrbution to the archives of world history!

September 25, 2009 06:17 pm at 6:17 pm |
  25. M-AZ

Wow!! They ALL look like regular women you might see walking down the street...They should be in charge of their countries; their sons and daughter would not be sacraficed in war so easily if they were.

September 25, 2009 06:24 pm at 6:24 pm |