September 28th, 2009

Palin's book to be called 'Going Rogue: An American Life'

Sarah Palin's much-anticipated memoir now has a title and a new release date.
Sarah Palin's much-anticipated memoir now has a title and a new release date.

WASHINGTON (CNN) - Sarah Palin's much-anticipated memoir now has a title and a new release date, two advisers to the former Alaska governor confirmed to CNN on Monday.

Palin's book will be called "Going Rogue: An American Life" - a reference to the anonymous criticism directed at Palin by aides to Republican presidential nominee John McCain during the final days of last year's presidential race.

After Palin strayed from the campaign playbook several times in October 2008, one McCain adviser griped to CNN that the vice presidential nominee was "going rogue." Another called her a "diva."

The book's publisher, Harper, has ordered a substantial first printing of 1.5 million copies and moved up the release date to November 17 - conveniently in time for the holiday shopping season. The memoir was originally slated for release in the spring of 2010.

Palin inked the book deal last May after hiring Washington, D.C. lawyer Robert Barnett to negotiate the terms. Her collaborator on the book is Lynn Vincent, an editor at "World," a conservative Christian magazine.

Filed under: Extra • Popular Posts • Sarah Palin
  1. Proud American

Was "Village Idiot " was already taken ?

September 29, 2009 12:53 am at 12:53 am |
  2. JT

isnt that second part the name of Reagan's book?

September 29, 2009 12:53 am at 12:53 am |
  3. Buddy Gilmour

There is no success like failure, and in modern America, no shame, only opportunity.

September 29, 2009 12:58 am at 12:58 am |
  4. SF Serg

STUPID TITLE! It's probably full of soliloquies about what really happened all those times that she looked stupid. I'm sorry, but stupid is stupid and the first impression is the real one.

September 29, 2009 12:58 am at 12:58 am |
  5. Michelle

Well, I guess if Paris Hilton can get a book deal, why not Palin? I can't imagine anyone buying it – we can tune in to CNN any day of the week and read about her whining about the liberal media conspiracy and how they're trying to ruin her. I pity the person that gets this book as a holiday gift. lol

September 29, 2009 12:59 am at 12:59 am |
  6. elvis

I was going to comment but I am just sick of her...

September 29, 2009 01:01 am at 1:01 am |
  7. Toby

I can't wait to read it. May your sales reach well into the millions.

September 29, 2009 01:01 am at 1:01 am |
  8. Chloe in Chatsworth, CA

Sarah's book will be twice as good as Obama's–it has two authors.

September 29, 2009 01:01 am at 1:01 am |
  9. Scott

Who cares? She's a nitwit.

September 29, 2009 01:07 am at 1:07 am |
  10. BW

I will read it cover to cover if they promise NOT to edit it whatsoever. Whatever spews forth from her twisted mind will be infinitely more entertaining if no one tries to reign her in...

This deal gives me hope. If I can just find a way to become a laughing stock who shoves both feet in my mouth every time I speak, I can get a book deal, high-priced speaking engagements and the adoration of millions of dim-witted Americans.

September 29, 2009 01:11 am at 1:11 am |
  11. Barka Lounger

A better name would be "Going Stupid", or perhaps even "Going for the Money".

September 29, 2009 01:13 am at 1:13 am |
  12. redplanet

I prefer a new book by Christopher Hitchens. If you have to go rogue, do it with wit, insight and intelligence and leave god out of it. So, her 15 minutes have turned into prime time...I suppose there are enough evangelicals to buy this, but I'll pass. If "World" is involved, you can bet the spin on this will be anything but the truth: God talks to her, gives her messages, and so, she had no choice but to go rogue.

Circular and corrupt thinking. I had enough of her in the election.

September 29, 2009 01:14 am at 1:14 am |
  13. Rick

I hope she gets Dr. Seuss to do the animation.

September 29, 2009 01:16 am at 1:16 am |
  14. tiffani

really? are you kidding me? this woman will stop at nothing to extend her 15 minutes...NO ONE CARES PALIN!! she should be dubbed as the world's second best idiot, right behind GW

September 29, 2009 01:18 am at 1:18 am |
  15. Bob

I have a better title: "Going to Jail". That would be a much more appropriate title for a the woman who scammed Alaskans out of millions in air fare, hotel fees (when she stayed in her own house!), and general expenses for herself, family, and entourage. Let's not forget her using the Governor's staff and resources to wage a personal vendetta against her former brother-in-law and being found guilty of ethics violations. And in the end, she decided to quit because the job was too hard (or she was unable to bilk tax payers out of more shopping sprees in New York). Plus she was told she could make more money giving lectures to hate- I mean, family groups.

September 29, 2009 01:20 am at 1:20 am |
  16. jackson

Awesome! I'll pick this one up. I was extremely frustrated when McCain took the lead in the Republican primary, and I honestly have no idea why he won. All of the middle-of-the-road republicans need to be taken into the middle of the road, if you catch my drift.

September 29, 2009 01:21 am at 1:21 am |
  17. James Michael Roberson

I hope no one is stupid enough to buy this book for me, because I would just throw it in the trash. Really talk about hubris, what has she done that anyone would care to know of. She was a corrupt local politician, she was nominated to run along side John McCain a move that cost him the election for president. And to top it all off she then quit her job as governor. Yeah there are a lot of right wingers who will probably buy her book. I guess they have a lot of money to throw away.

September 29, 2009 01:21 am at 1:21 am |