September 28th, 2009

Palin's book to be called 'Going Rogue: An American Life'

Sarah Palin's much-anticipated memoir now has a title and a new release date.
Sarah Palin's much-anticipated memoir now has a title and a new release date.

WASHINGTON (CNN) - Sarah Palin's much-anticipated memoir now has a title and a new release date, two advisers to the former Alaska governor confirmed to CNN on Monday.

Palin's book will be called "Going Rogue: An American Life" - a reference to the anonymous criticism directed at Palin by aides to Republican presidential nominee John McCain during the final days of last year's presidential race.

After Palin strayed from the campaign playbook several times in October 2008, one McCain adviser griped to CNN that the vice presidential nominee was "going rogue." Another called her a "diva."

The book's publisher, Harper, has ordered a substantial first printing of 1.5 million copies and moved up the release date to November 17 - conveniently in time for the holiday shopping season. The memoir was originally slated for release in the spring of 2010.

Palin inked the book deal last May after hiring Washington, D.C. lawyer Robert Barnett to negotiate the terms. Her collaborator on the book is Lynn Vincent, an editor at "World," a conservative Christian magazine.

Filed under: Extra • Popular Posts • Sarah Palin
  1. suzyku

If by going rogue you mean being a complete moron who apparently doesn't know how to read or speak and somehow getting other morons to actually vote for her and believe her and think she makes sense, then yes, she went rogue!

September 28, 2009 10:09 pm at 10:09 pm |
  2. Jayden, FL

That's one book i'll never read!... bunch of run on sentences... a couple of youbetcha's... yea one book I'll definitely pass on..

September 28, 2009 10:09 pm at 10:09 pm |
  3. jackie

......please, do not buy this woman's book. she has nothing to say that is not a complete hypocricsy to the way she really lives her life. she is an insult to woman and hockey moms everywhere

September 28, 2009 10:10 pm at 10:10 pm |
  4. Anonymous

good for you

September 28, 2009 10:11 pm at 10:11 pm |
  5. normajean

Once again we have Sarah Palin in the spotlight. Will it ever end? Now that she has a book out I find myself wondering if she checked a dictionary before she used the word "Rogue". Let's see, first we have '"a dishonest person", then' scoundrel" or how about "tramp" or "vagabond" in fact some animals known as 'Rogue" are known to be vicious.Webster's does have a way with words.

September 28, 2009 10:11 pm at 10:11 pm |
  6. linda

Maybe she will list all the newspapers she had read finally in her book, oh no, maybe she will include the pictures of Russia she can see from Alaska hahahaha. I bet she gets help with her spelling! hahahaha. This is one I'm not going to bother to buy.

September 28, 2009 10:12 pm at 10:12 pm |
  7. Jon

how can you write a memoir if you have done nothing but quit your first real job?

September 28, 2009 10:12 pm at 10:12 pm |
  8. Daryl

Good for her! I look forward to reading her book! She inspires many of us who are tired of the Washington bull! She shoots straight and tells it like it is. It's refreshing and contagious.

September 28, 2009 10:13 pm at 10:13 pm |
  9. Marie in California

Wonderful! Can't wait to buy and read it!

Go Sarah!

September 28, 2009 10:20 pm at 10:20 pm |
  10. gemini3

I suppose Palin should have bent over backward to please those McCain staff people instead of expecting that they would deign to help her to succeed when they weren't even asked to help select her.

Divas calling the Governor a diva? Wonder what the backgrounds of those people were, but then they hid behind anonymous quotes, being the people of character that they were.

September 28, 2009 10:20 pm at 10:20 pm |
  11. annie against biased news

Where are all the far left loonies and the ole' boys repubbies? They should have had about 50 blogs on here already doing the slice and dice of Gov. Palin. Where are you? Did you decide to move to the extra 7 states obama thinks we have? Did you run out of idiotic lawsuits? Or did you just run out of idiotic comments?

September 28, 2009 10:21 pm at 10:21 pm |
  12. Bobby Mac

Sarah, your admirers are legion, and we can't wait for the release!

September 28, 2009 10:27 pm at 10:27 pm |
  13. Lovely Palin

Palin is a classy lady and a good mother. Her first run in the national spotlight was definitely shaky, but next time around she'll be just fine. Liberals loathe a successful conservative woman with values, mainly because they don't have any of their own. A hot conservative woman makes them even more upset.

September 28, 2009 10:30 pm at 10:30 pm |
  14. teflon warrior

Finally we hear the truth from the only real maverick. She the only one bold enough to speak the truth, not excuses, taxes or "change." I'm looking forward to an introspective read!

September 28, 2009 10:44 pm at 10:44 pm |
  15. Anonymous

I'm so happy to see her Bachelor's degree in journalism from four different colleges is being put to good use.

Is her 15 minutes of fame up yet?

September 28, 2009 10:55 pm at 10:55 pm |
  16. Ugh!

Who cares? I, for one, won't be wasting my time or money purchasing this book. I don't care about Palin and have no intentions of putting a nickle in her pocket.

September 28, 2009 10:57 pm at 10:57 pm |
  17. bluenote

Not interested in buying her book. I would buy Palin toilet paper though.

September 28, 2009 10:57 pm at 10:57 pm |
  18. Sara

Aw Jeez, Paris Hilton has a few "books", too. Doesn't mean she has anything to say.

Going Rouge? That sounds like someone not following a plan, functioning upon whim rather than a logical process. Then, blaming others for their own misfortune because somehow other folks should have not been so critical of their behavior.

Whatever, If I see this book on someones' shelf, I will laugh.

September 28, 2009 10:57 pm at 10:57 pm |
  19. Andrew

I'd take Bush2 in the WH over her. She's hollow which suits her followers. She's dogma without thought. I'll be working the progressive stuff in US until I expatriate to Costa Rica – had enough of the Right wing lies and hate.

September 28, 2009 10:58 pm at 10:58 pm |
  20. DM

Palin is an attention-junkie. She has to have her media fix. I know, she loves them/hates them. "Going rogue" is not the same as thinking independently. She forgot her shtick. Big deal. What an embarrassment to Republicans and to women.

September 28, 2009 10:59 pm at 10:59 pm |
  21. David C

How does a person who can't even read write a book?

September 28, 2009 10:59 pm at 10:59 pm |
  22. Kevin H

We can now be assured of a sanitized hockey mom, world-traveler's view of Russia from Alaska. I'm just eager to see what she says about her husband's involvement in her ex-brother-in-law's human resource issues with a stage agency. I'm super eager to find out what she really said to Henry Kissinger and I'm just ecstatic at the thought.

September 28, 2009 11:03 pm at 11:03 pm |
  23. Ilse Erickson

this is one time that I fervently believe a huge book burning bonfire is in order,she must not be allowed to realize a profit from her lunatic ramblings. Sheneeds to be locked up in a padded cell. YES!

September 28, 2009 11:04 pm at 11:04 pm |
  24. Creatrix

She and the late night talk show hosts are the only ones who truly love to hear her speak, I think.

September 28, 2009 11:06 pm at 11:06 pm |
  25. GP

How about "Go Away".

Honestly, with such close, familial ties to the Alaskan Independence Party , including actually being a member back in the 90's, Palins ascension defies all logic.

While she was accusing Obama of 'paling around with terrorists' she was fresh off her stint of being a member of the Alaskan Independence Party.

I wish Palin would just go away. The only thing more transparent than her opportunistic character is the stuff between her ears.

September 28, 2009 11:06 pm at 11:06 pm |