September 28th, 2009

Palin's book to be called 'Going Rogue: An American Life'

Sarah Palin's much-anticipated memoir now has a title and a new release date.
Sarah Palin's much-anticipated memoir now has a title and a new release date.

WASHINGTON (CNN) - Sarah Palin's much-anticipated memoir now has a title and a new release date, two advisers to the former Alaska governor confirmed to CNN on Monday.

Palin's book will be called "Going Rogue: An American Life" - a reference to the anonymous criticism directed at Palin by aides to Republican presidential nominee John McCain during the final days of last year's presidential race.

After Palin strayed from the campaign playbook several times in October 2008, one McCain adviser griped to CNN that the vice presidential nominee was "going rogue." Another called her a "diva."

The book's publisher, Harper, has ordered a substantial first printing of 1.5 million copies and moved up the release date to November 17 - conveniently in time for the holiday shopping season. The memoir was originally slated for release in the spring of 2010.

Palin inked the book deal last May after hiring Washington, D.C. lawyer Robert Barnett to negotiate the terms. Her collaborator on the book is Lynn Vincent, an editor at "World," a conservative Christian magazine.

Filed under: Extra • Popular Posts • Sarah Palin
  1. bro

For no more than she is about, I would be surprised if the book is more than one chapter

September 28, 2009 11:30 pm at 11:30 pm |
  2. brian

Am I the only red blooded voting American who can't believe anybody cares about Sarah Palin? She was a governor of a state with a population equal to that of Midland, Texas. She did a lousy job as governor and abused her power to get revenge for a family member. It scares me to death that there are people in this country who feel she should run for and be elected president of the most powerful country in the world. The republicans must be more desperate than I originally thought and even more crazy to put her on their party ticket. Is Sarah Palin the best that republicans can do? You thought George Bush was the worst president in the history of the United States, just put Sarah in office and watch the world laugh at us as a country of idiots. Only one thought enters my mind when I see her speak in public, B-I-M-B-O!

I am so very glad Barrack Obama is our president.
    Forever Democrat!
    Brian, San Antonio, Texas.

September 28, 2009 11:31 pm at 11:31 pm |
  3. kathy

That woman can'teve speak right let alone right a book. and who
    cares anyway.

September 28, 2009 11:31 pm at 11:31 pm |
  4. Jeff W.

Palin is an opportunist no different than Anna Nicole Smith marrying the 89 year old Marshall for money.

September 28, 2009 11:32 pm at 11:32 pm |
  5. Lisa

I'm pretty sure Lynn Vincent wrote the whole thing– inspired 10% by Palin. Won't be wasting my money on that book!! Palin's crazy if she thinks people will believe she can actually write.

September 28, 2009 11:33 pm at 11:33 pm |
  6. Tammy

About them family values and stuff. Aren't the kids supposed to be in school now? And mom and dad taking care of them? If she's "writing" hours each day, who's minding Tripp? Hooo-boy, that's one book I'm not reading.

September 28, 2009 11:36 pm at 11:36 pm |
  7. An Ex-NC-Pub

Palin's memoirs... I hear it iconsist totally of 14 pages of pictures.

September 28, 2009 11:37 pm at 11:37 pm |
  8. Clayto

WHY oh WHY do you give this woman any face time in the news? Please let her 15 min of fame is be up...Yet 15 months later she's still anoying us.

September 28, 2009 11:38 pm at 11:38 pm |
  9. Patrick

Going Rogue: An American Lie sounds so much better. What have you done for Alaska, let alone the world, other than quit? Quite possibly the most disinteresting self pompous book of 2009? Only time shall tell.

September 28, 2009 11:38 pm at 11:38 pm |
  10. Robert

It should be titled, "Going Rogue, An American Lie." She is the biggest liar in politics today.

September 28, 2009 11:39 pm at 11:39 pm |
  11. Mike Buck

I am not at all a Sarah Palin fan but she has the right to "go rogue" and publish her book. What is more frightening is that a segment of the population thinks that she has something intelligent to offer. She spoke in Hong Kong and said we need more financial deregulation which is what got us into this financial catastrophe that Obama has inherited. We are over eleven trillion ($11,000,000,000,000 )in debt because of the Bush administration and Republican leadership. One thing for sure, it will take more than 200 days to fix and "rogue" or not, Sarah Palin hasn't got a clue.

September 28, 2009 11:42 pm at 11:42 pm |
  12. Spuds McKenzie

Come on! Only an idiot would buy this idiots idiocy.

September 28, 2009 11:42 pm at 11:42 pm |
  13. TK

Is this wacko ever going to go away?

September 28, 2009 11:44 pm at 11:44 pm |
  14. Fay

A book from someone who does not read, who cannot articulate a meaningful sentence, who knows pretty much nothing about the world. It is just beyond my comprehension.

September 28, 2009 11:44 pm at 11:44 pm |
  15. Daisy

Well that didn't take long? Did it?

September 28, 2009 11:45 pm at 11:45 pm |
  16. Don

OK. I used to like her until she quit on Alaska. She lost all credibility, and Alaska is in serious financial trouble. Is it a book on how to quit and still win?

September 28, 2009 11:46 pm at 11:46 pm |
  17. Keith

What kind of an idiot would want to read anything written by such an illiterate and imbecilic buffoon?

September 28, 2009 11:46 pm at 11:46 pm |
  18. Suzanne

Yeah yeah, gather some more sympathy from the American people, play the victim, you can't play your knowledge card, nor your intelligence card, how else are you gonna make an attempt at gaining popularity...

September 28, 2009 11:48 pm at 11:48 pm |
  19. Mindy Kephart

Can't wait to get it.. I would stand in line to have it autograghed..

September 28, 2009 11:50 pm at 11:50 pm |
  20. George in AZ.

Great title for her comic book!!!

September 28, 2009 11:52 pm at 11:52 pm |
  21. Max

You are seriously still reporting on this person? Yawn.

September 28, 2009 11:55 pm at 11:55 pm |
  22. Emily H.

I live in Alaska, and I was born and raised here. I can not begin to explain how ashamed and angry I am to have had Palin as a governor. She is politically a joke and a terrible human being.

September 28, 2009 11:56 pm at 11:56 pm |
  23. Peg

Don't want to be unkind. I will not be reading this book. I hope Mrs. Palin will consider how much kindness our countrymen need today, and set a great example for our children by being kind. We are all looking for that in a person who wants to lead our country. Please be caring of each other, people of our world.

September 28, 2009 11:57 pm at 11:57 pm |
  24. Tom Ratza

What a BOZO

September 28, 2009 11:57 pm at 11:57 pm |
  25. Not A Fan

It could be called, "Buy This Book and I Will Pay YOU" and I still wouldn't purchase it.

September 28, 2009 11:59 pm at 11:59 pm |