September 30th, 2009

Palin's book shoots to No. 1

Sarah Palin's memoir isn't set to be released for more than seven weeks, but the highly anticipated tell-all has already shot to No. 1 on Barnes and Nobles' Web site.

(CNN) – Sarah Palin's 432 page memoir isn't set to be released for more than seven weeks, but the highly anticipated tell-all has already shot to No. 1 on Barnes and Nobles' Web site, supplanting new releases from bestselling authors Dan Brown and Mitch Albom.

The forthcoming book has also vaulted up Amazon.com's bestseller list, currently holding the No. 3 spot just behind Glenn Beck's "Arguing with Idiots: How to Stop Small Minds and Big Government."

The book - titled "Going Rogue: An American Life" in reference to the anonymous criticism directed at the former Alaska governor by aides to Republican presidential nominee John McCain - is scheduled to be released on November 17.

Palin's publisher, Harper, has ordered a massive first printing of 1.5 million copies, and is not releasing an electronic version until the day after Christmas in an effort to drive up sales of the more expensive hardcover edition, the Wall Street Journal reported Wednesday.

Filed under: John McCain • Popular Posts • Sarah Palin
  1. Wheat

Go Sarah Go!

September 30, 2009 12:27 pm at 12:27 pm |
  2. Just sayin'

Wooo-hoooo! Go Sarah!

September 30, 2009 12:27 pm at 12:27 pm |
  3. Laurie in Spokane

I can't believe there are so many people wasting their hard-earned money on Palin's book. Unless they're going to use it to line the bird cage or cat box........

September 30, 2009 12:28 pm at 12:28 pm |
  4. Phil

Number 1? Who know so many from the other side could read?! It will become an instant classic, I tell ya. Right up there with "My Pet Goat" Who buys these books anyway PACs?

September 30, 2009 12:28 pm at 12:28 pm |
  5. Navy Vet

All freak accidents attract gawkers.

September 30, 2009 12:29 pm at 12:29 pm |
  6. Amazing

Contrary to the opinions on this board, Palins popularity lives on and the Left fears her. I would take her over Obama any day, atleast she understands economics.

September 30, 2009 12:30 pm at 12:30 pm |
  7. Joe

Sounds like the most successful coloring book ever.

September 30, 2009 12:30 pm at 12:30 pm |
  8. Tammy

Who is actually going to buy this tome? Will it be in big letters (that's why the 400 pages) and double-spaced? And we thought "The DaVinci Code" was a hyped-up rip-off!

September 30, 2009 12:31 pm at 12:31 pm |
  9. Ajoker

Another book of lies......

September 30, 2009 12:31 pm at 12:31 pm |
  10. Maggie

The truth coudn't be put any plainer.

September 30, 2009 12:31 pm at 12:31 pm |
  11. Tammy

and the media are giving it free publicity (worth millions)

September 30, 2009 12:31 pm at 12:31 pm |
  12. Josie

People are excited to see a young, competent, and accomplished woman like Sarah Palin take center stage. Sarah is a true conservative.

September 30, 2009 12:32 pm at 12:32 pm |
  13. Pete Caloger

How pathetic. It is a shame that so many Americans will spend money on this vapid garbage.

September 30, 2009 12:32 pm at 12:32 pm |
  14. Babs

I'm not in the least driven to know any more than I already do about this woman. I think that she portrayed herself in the past election and left nothing uncovered. She is a woman who seeks attention at any cost. The last thing that I would do is promote her.

September 30, 2009 12:32 pm at 12:32 pm |
  15. Randolph Carter

Not surprising. Lest we forget, Americans are the people who think Britney Spears is a good musician, Fox news practices journalism, Adam Sandler is funny and Olive Garden is real Italian food. No taste or class. Have a nice day!

September 30, 2009 12:32 pm at 12:32 pm |
  16. bj

Soon to be found in dollar stores!

September 30, 2009 12:32 pm at 12:32 pm |
  17. KATHLEEN

Palin will get "rich" from Americans money! But she is against
    95% of what Americans need and want. Palin is strickly for the
    "Very RICH people in America!

America supports the very people that are "against" them.

September 30, 2009 12:33 pm at 12:33 pm |
  18. S.B. Stein E.B. NJ

I would pick it up in the BARGIN section if I were to get close. I doubt that there is really much she has to say that I am willing to believe that she dreamed up herself. Will she create an industry of proofing her book after it comes out like Ann "I'm really a self hating liberal" Coulter has?

I am waiting for the publisher to push the release date early and not have the books ready. They did that in 2004 with the anti-Kerry book which would have killed his career if it was done during the 1980's or if the cold war was still going on.

September 30, 2009 12:33 pm at 12:33 pm |
  19. g

don,t worry once she milk,s as much money as she can,s out of america she,ll be gone palin wrote a book RIGHT

September 30, 2009 12:34 pm at 12:34 pm |
  20. Jeff in Houston

Must have lots of pretty pictures. Cannot have much in terms of content, analytical thought, reasoning, or any of that other silly stuff.

September 30, 2009 12:35 pm at 12:35 pm |
  21. Joyce in South Carolina

The old adage applies – "A fool is born every minute"

I guess there are a lot of fools out there.

I wouldn't waste my money buying her book.............just like flushing money down the toilet.

September 30, 2009 12:35 pm at 12:35 pm |
  22. J.Crobuzon

I'm not buying it, but I didn't buy her stuff the first time around either. A relief that she's given up politics and burned her bridges with the GOP now; perhaps she can run for dogcatcher as an independent?

September 30, 2009 12:35 pm at 12:35 pm |
  23. cad

I can hear Sarah Palin laughing all the way to the bank. Our news media has made her rich by their constant slander ridicule.

September 30, 2009 12:36 pm at 12:36 pm |
  24. JOY

My goodness, those pages will be filled with flashing fingers, squits and contortions of the jaw. For sure it will lack depth but will have flowery language .Awaiting the joker

September 30, 2009 12:37 pm at 12:37 pm |
  25. shoegazer

Shouldn't take long to read,432 pages and 387 of them are pictures of herself.

September 30, 2009 12:37 pm at 12:37 pm |