September 30th, 2009

Palin's book shoots to No. 1

Sarah Palin's memoir isn't set to be released for more than seven weeks, but the highly anticipated tell-all has already shot to No. 1 on Barnes and Nobles' Web site.

(CNN) – Sarah Palin's 432 page memoir isn't set to be released for more than seven weeks, but the highly anticipated tell-all has already shot to No. 1 on Barnes and Nobles' Web site, supplanting new releases from bestselling authors Dan Brown and Mitch Albom.

The forthcoming book has also vaulted up Amazon.com's bestseller list, currently holding the No. 3 spot just behind Glenn Beck's "Arguing with Idiots: How to Stop Small Minds and Big Government."

The book - titled "Going Rogue: An American Life" in reference to the anonymous criticism directed at the former Alaska governor by aides to Republican presidential nominee John McCain - is scheduled to be released on November 17.

Palin's publisher, Harper, has ordered a massive first printing of 1.5 million copies, and is not releasing an electronic version until the day after Christmas in an effort to drive up sales of the more expensive hardcover edition, the Wall Street Journal reported Wednesday.

Filed under: John McCain • Popular Posts • Sarah Palin
  1. Zach K

Oh look! More Palin News!

Seriously, keep it going CNN. The more I hear about her I laugh at her constant failures. :)

September 30, 2009 12:48 pm at 12:48 pm |
  2. Otto

Sure...of course; there are more than 40 million Republicans who would love to buy her book. As for me, I'd like to see the last words "The End" nothing more from the "betcha" lady.

September 30, 2009 12:48 pm at 12:48 pm |
  3. johnmccain

People just love the magazines at the grocery store check out line. This book will be the collection of innuendos and half truths what America is craving for. You can not regard the lindsaylohans and brittanyspears serious leaders in a country... But the number of dark minds are huge in this country.

September 30, 2009 12:49 pm at 12:49 pm |
  4. Chtei

Sarah Palin can read?

September 30, 2009 12:49 pm at 12:49 pm |
  5. wait a minute

Obama rule!
    No Palin and alike will invest in science and technology as President Obama would.
    We finally have got some hope in recovery.

September 30, 2009 12:50 pm at 12:50 pm |
  6. Sherry

Will this book be listed as a horror novel? It scares ME...

September 30, 2009 12:51 pm at 12:51 pm |
  7. Impeach the Joker

I guess OBUMMER will have to write a book now so he can try to stay in the lime light.

IMPEACH THE JOKER NOW

September 30, 2009 12:51 pm at 12:51 pm |
  8. Nuculer

If this lady's book is number one, we have problems. Why is logic such a taboo thing in this fine country?

September 30, 2009 12:52 pm at 12:52 pm |
  9. B. Churchill

There is a long-established model whereby books by conservative authors reach "impressive" sales figures – conservative organizations but them in bulk and give them away to members and donors as "gifts". The organizations get tax write-offs, and the authors get bragging rights – however thin the fiction may be. In this case, even the publisher is in on the scam – Harper Collins is owned by Rupert Murdoch, and by virtue (or lack thereof) of his multi-million dollar advance to SP – she's his employee. One-at-a-time sales of these books is notoriously low, but don't believe me – just look in the remaindered bin and at Goodwill in a month or so...

September 30, 2009 12:53 pm at 12:53 pm |
  10. JB

She is right on the money about death panels in this crappy Obamacare bill. I wonder why conservative books always overshadow liberal books on the best seller lists....just like the cable ratings. And kiss your public option goodbye....unless you go nuclear.....I dare you.

September 30, 2009 12:53 pm at 12:53 pm |
  11. Jacob

Sweet jesus, we are all doomed!

September 30, 2009 12:53 pm at 12:53 pm |
  12. Dennis

did Obama actually write his book, or did he read it off a teleprompter?

September 30, 2009 12:54 pm at 12:54 pm |
  13. Jeff

Wow, astounding...I mean so many idiots to buy this book. The title of it should be: 'How To Do Poor Academically, Be A Quitter And Still Be a Millionaire' or 'Nobody to Somebody Without Skills' I'll pass thanks. Sadly, this is now America.

September 30, 2009 12:55 pm at 12:55 pm |
  14. John

Conservatives have it all figured out. Make me rich, brought to you by the P.T. Barnum school of there's a sucker in every crowd. Palin will make more money off the suckers than she ever would have had she finished the job she was elected to do.

September 30, 2009 12:55 pm at 12:55 pm |
  15. JPV

Go Sarah! .....whats the old saying? If you want to piss off a conservative, tell a lie. If you want to piss off a liberal, tell the truth.

September 30, 2009 12:56 pm at 12:56 pm |
  16. andrew st louis

everybody loves a trainewreck cant keep your eyes of fools and their actions. this should be under the comedy section

September 30, 2009 12:56 pm at 12:56 pm |
  17. John

Palin's book #1?

I'll bet it has large font, short sentences, and lots of simple pictures.

September 30, 2009 12:58 pm at 12:58 pm |
  18. Elle

This is disgusting. Seriously? This woman proves herself to be the most idiotic in the world of politics (and that's saying a lot), and there are that many idiots scrambling to read her worthless babble? Incredible. I guess if I want to be a Millionaire I need to find a way to drop my IQ by 50+ points and then write a book about it.

September 30, 2009 12:58 pm at 12:58 pm |
  19. best sellers list

The evangelicans are buying it by the pallet load and handing them out at church.hahahaha

September 30, 2009 01:00 pm at 1:00 pm |
  20. Ron

Guess the book title answered all our questions about Sarah – deceitful, and unreliable person; a scoundrel or rascal. She will tell how she hates the President, and how she hate America was not dumb enough to elect her as VP. Now she want's to sell the book fast – b/c her glamour girl look will fade by spring....Blithering i.d.i.o.t...I

The fools who brought this brought is from the rallies of haterd. Period.

September 30, 2009 01:01 pm at 1:01 pm |
  21. Lynda

I wouldn't pay a dime to eat with her, I would pay a nickle to see her, I would pay a penney to even talk to her.........and if someone give me the book for Christmas I will use it for a fire in my fireplace...........

September 30, 2009 01:01 pm at 1:01 pm |
  22. Gary

The Republican and conservative books outsell the liberal books. The Republican and conservative talk radio shows have higher ratings than the liberal talk radio shows. The Republican and conservative cable opinion leaders (O'Rielly, Beck, Hannity, Dobbs) get better ratings than the liberal shows. I think this country is a wee bit right of center. We elected Obama for change not for ultra liberal Nancy Pelosi laws....Congress and President Obama need to listen to the people or they will all get voted out of office.

September 30, 2009 01:01 pm at 1:01 pm |
  23. Chris

You do realize that special interest buys these books in order to indirectly pay these politicians. How many politicians have best sellers and who actually buys these books?

September 30, 2009 01:02 pm at 1:02 pm |
  24. tom

Pretty expensive toilet paper.

September 30, 2009 01:02 pm at 1:02 pm |
  25. Mix

anything to take the heat off the Dems failing health care fiasco. All you haters that are posting haven't forgot about that- you just ignore it

September 30, 2009 01:03 pm at 1:03 pm |