September 30th, 2009

Palin's book shoots to No. 1

Sarah Palin's memoir isn't set to be released for more than seven weeks, but the highly anticipated tell-all has already shot to No. 1 on Barnes and Nobles' Web site.

(CNN) – Sarah Palin's 432 page memoir isn't set to be released for more than seven weeks, but the highly anticipated tell-all has already shot to No. 1 on Barnes and Nobles' Web site, supplanting new releases from bestselling authors Dan Brown and Mitch Albom.

The forthcoming book has also vaulted up Amazon.com's bestseller list, currently holding the No. 3 spot just behind Glenn Beck's "Arguing with Idiots: How to Stop Small Minds and Big Government."

The book - titled "Going Rogue: An American Life" in reference to the anonymous criticism directed at the former Alaska governor by aides to Republican presidential nominee John McCain - is scheduled to be released on November 17.

Palin's publisher, Harper, has ordered a massive first printing of 1.5 million copies, and is not releasing an electronic version until the day after Christmas in an effort to drive up sales of the more expensive hardcover edition, the Wall Street Journal reported Wednesday.

Filed under: John McCain • Popular Posts • Sarah Palin
  1. Lois

If we don't become a better educated society, we surely are doomed.

September 30, 2009 01:44 pm at 1:44 pm |
  2. Tom

You wanna waste your money on this tripe, go right ahead. And while you're at it, run her for president in 2012. It would be very satisfying to see Obama cakewalk all over her.

September 30, 2009 01:45 pm at 1:45 pm |
  3. Sandra

Really people when you buy her book you are giving her power. It is really scary that someone of her inability can get this far. I am really concerned about Americans. I would seriously support a protest banning the sale of this book just like she banned teaching the children in Alaska about Dwarnism and support for abstinence only programs for teenagers . We need to stop this craziness of supporting people like her and Paris Hilton...........why do we care about them???? They are cut from the same cloth. Two people who have gained finacially by being the "village idiot". However, Palin's success with this book has far reaching implications this could build her popularity with the unintelligent who are unable to think critically in the far right and this is dangerous to our country!

September 30, 2009 01:45 pm at 1:45 pm |
  4. Four and The Door

I look forward to getting my own copy. Sarah Palin is wonderful because of her straightforward understanding of what government in America is supposed to be, how it should work for the people and make the things happen to improve the future for the next generations of Americans. This is in stark contrast to the current collection of Washington politicians who are more concerned about who do I need to please next, who do I owe and what is better for my career? They could learn a lot I'm sure by reading what she has to say.

September 30, 2009 01:45 pm at 1:45 pm |
  5. Jules

Really? You liberals must really be threatened if the best you can do is make lame cracks about color crayons and illiteracy. Such immature and baseless comments read like a middle schooler's Facebook page – which explains why you can't recognize an intelligent woman when you see one.

September 30, 2009 01:45 pm at 1:45 pm |
  6. Hugo

Liberals, besmirch and denigrate at your will, truth and common sense will prevail where your Messiah's liberal agendas fail. Palin may or may not be the chosen one but the ideals and common sense reality shared by most for smaller government control will reign supreme in the end.

September 30, 2009 01:46 pm at 1:46 pm |
  7. mims

I'm surprised the woman can write. she certainly can't speak

September 30, 2009 01:46 pm at 1:46 pm |
  8. Sharon

Should be easy reading. You betcha!

September 30, 2009 01:47 pm at 1:47 pm |
  9. Kerzell, CA

The republicants have proven over and over again – they are the terrorists. This is nothing more than an illusion – they bought the books to make her seem relevant – give it a couple months, and we will see it in the .99 cents stores!!

September 30, 2009 01:48 pm at 1:48 pm |
  10. Scott

She understands economics....thanks...that's the best laugh I had all day!!!

This is the same idiot who put a jet up for sale on Ebay, 3 times, and took a loss on it!! Maybe you're right. That does sound like the Republican understanding of economics. Right up there with the $400 dollar hammer and $500 toilet seat.

September 30, 2009 01:48 pm at 1:48 pm |
  11. Nancy W.

She's only out to get rich now, and she will. Her book was supposed to be a spring release, but she knows that getting it out to the masses in November will ensure huge holiday sales. All I can say is, she's a huge joke, but she certainly got very very lucky when McCain picked her as his running mate. Otherwise, no one would be clamoring to read this book. As a staunch dem, I know I don't need to read this. All the "good parts" will be in magazine excerpts and quoted by a multitude of television personalities. Please, let this be the absolute last of her. She can take her butt load of money, dress to the nines, live the life she's always wanted, and leave the good people of American alone.

September 30, 2009 01:48 pm at 1:48 pm |
  12. Romer

I wasn't sure that she can read or write!

September 30, 2009 01:48 pm at 1:48 pm |
  13. Truth-Bomb Thrower

She's laughing all the way to the bank. :-)

September 30, 2009 01:48 pm at 1:48 pm |
  14. southerncousin

Sounds like the most successful coloring book ever.

September 30, 2009 01:49 pm at 1:49 pm |
  15. Msenforser

The liberal's heads are exploding- I love it!! God bless the Republic of the United States and God bless Sarah Palin.

September 30, 2009 01:49 pm at 1:49 pm |
  16. Reconsidering my 2010 Vote

Elle, first try just going to work. From there, maybe you'll pick up some basic principles so that you too may be successful.

September 30, 2009 01:49 pm at 1:49 pm |
  17. Dumb_Palin

Contents of Palin’s Book: --------------–>

1. I can see Russia from my Terrace, therefore I am qualified in Foreign Affairs to be US President.
    2. I like Helicopter Wolf hunting, when I become US President, I will have F-16 Wolf hunting enforced.
    3. I quit as Governor, I promise I will never quit as US President, Vote me 2012.
    4. I love children, therefore on all my political rallies, my kids walk with me on stage. Politics is more important than schools for kids, But if Media reports them, I will say to the new Governor, “so leave his kids alone”.
    5. When I talk nonsense, people should still praise me, or I will have old bumper sticker that said, "Alaska. We Don't Give a Darn How They Do It Outside?" :)

September 30, 2009 01:50 pm at 1:50 pm |
  18. sensible Cape Coral Fl

I taught school for over 40 years and am thoroughtly disgusted with the stupidity of my fellow Americans. Heckeva job!

September 30, 2009 01:50 pm at 1:50 pm |
  19. Cnn please post my comment! 1 love!

The horrow movie Saw is a gross disgusting movie! Yet every year just around Halloween a new one is released in theatres and makes its way to number one that weekend.....Does it mean its a great wholesome movie? No! Would you watch it with your kids on Sunday morning instead of church? NO! So is Sarah palin! Americans love a train wreck and sarah palin is only fodder for the liberal media! She is a tool being used by everybody republicans and democrats! She reminds me of a monkey i once saw when i visited New Delhi dancing in the street with hordes of people clapping and cheering on! A monkey is still a monkey! Her book is garbage!

September 30, 2009 01:50 pm at 1:50 pm |
  20. Dave

This will be a great way for Palin's followers to finally learn how to read...

September 30, 2009 01:51 pm at 1:51 pm |
  21. Romer

She is a master of foreign policy. Can see Russia from Alaska!. Don't ask me any more questions other than that!!

September 30, 2009 01:51 pm at 1:51 pm |
  22. I can see Canada from my house!

I suppose they are releasing the Dummies version first.....I've heard it includes a connect-the-dots section and a few pages for coloring.

Seriously, if she wants to make a few bucks off of a book touting her willingness to stab people in the back after they've helped her, all power to her: She'll just be a rich political footnote after 2012. Its just too bad there are people who are willing to pay money for something she needed to get a ghostwriter for.

This also shows just how willing conservatives are to subsidize their flavor du jour, and end up learning nothing new by reading. A book from a conservative offers nothing new, except an explosion of criticisms, whining, and bile masquerading as facts.

September 30, 2009 01:52 pm at 1:52 pm |
  23. Oregon calling

I feel sad for the many thinking Americans, how can this person be a best seller? On second thought, let her sell to her heart's content, that way she won't be a "viable" person in office as she would be a "celebrity"

Peace :-)

September 30, 2009 01:52 pm at 1:52 pm |
  24. mocmach

I guess the Republicans don't realize that many Americans feel that way regarding their approach to health care. Given the atmosphere around the country by ultra conservatives, the impression is that the health care industry would just as soon very sick people would just go away. I think that some people don't want to find a way to reform the way hospitals do business and the way insurance companies just pay whatever the cost of care is charged. The uninsured who have treatment at hospitals pass that cost onto the insured, which raises the cost astronomically.

September 30, 2009 01:52 pm at 1:52 pm |
  25. Scott B

oh my goodness this woman panders to the dumbest Americans, the lowest common denominator

September 30, 2009 01:52 pm at 1:52 pm |