October 9th, 2009
  1. Susan

Mr. Gore, what did Obama do in the first two weeks in office that merited him receiving a Nobel Peace Prize?

October 9, 2009 01:44 pm at 1:44 pm |
  2. TEXAN

The President deserves the award. He is also in a powerful yet dangerous position by playing peace maker in this racist country. He carefully conveys his views while listening and addressing other view points.

This safe glorious country allows the advertising of the N-word in referencing our President at the Georgia Peach, which is owned by Republican Pat Lanzo, a convicted sex offender and longtime hatemonger in the town. The restaurant has a number of racist images in his Georgia Peach Museum bar such as cartoons of Klan members lounging on lynched black men and items disparaging Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. A number of Klan rallies have been held here in the past. One such rally was the Aryan Unity Rally on May 18, 2002.

All Americans need to aide the President on keeping the peace.

October 9, 2009 01:48 pm at 1:48 pm |
  3. Haywood

Of course he thrilled; they're both pinko losers who worship the so-called global warming god.

October 9, 2009 01:49 pm at 1:49 pm |
  4. sara

Wow – What an honor for our Country – It is funny – We have never had a leader like Mr. Obama. He sure doesn't sit around and take naps.. I believe that is why the GOP and some of media and some of the American people just don't know what to make of this man. They can't keep up with him. What is even more interesting – no matter what you feel about him winning – He still won and you are all going to have to accept that reality. Like it or not! I for one am very happy for him and for the US of A.

October 9, 2009 01:54 pm at 1:54 pm |
  5. I Support President Obama!

Me too!

October 9, 2009 01:55 pm at 1:55 pm |
  6. Joyce

A Rpublican with Class! H

October 9, 2009 01:56 pm at 1:56 pm |
  7. Carnell From Detroit, MI USA

Now Former Vice-President Al Gore Is One Of The Few People Who Can Honestly Speak To This Honor. I'd Like To Thank Mr. Gore For His Praise Of President Obama.

October 9, 2009 01:59 pm at 1:59 pm |
  8. Farrell in Houston

We as Americans should all feel thrilled, the World is changing to bring about peace.

October 9, 2009 02:02 pm at 2:02 pm |
  9. Cleavette

God bless Vice-President Al Gore and all Americans like him. More of our leaders should speak out on the behalf of this great country and the president. Just maybe we can again be the leader of the free world. Thank you VP Gore.

October 9, 2009 02:09 pm at 2:09 pm |
  10. Peter

I have been saying all through this President is a combination of FDR and Nelson Mandela!! the Nobel prize, a firms my predictions!!. Keep on serving the American people without fear mr. President the world has your back!!!

October 9, 2009 02:13 pm at 2:13 pm |
  11. Diogenes

Sometimes you transcend the times.... you transcend definition. You're so good that you need to be deified in order to free up time for other things... recall MJ's statue at the United center was erected in his honour in 1993!!!! At that time, he had only done 50% of his work!!!

October 9, 2009 02:18 pm at 2:18 pm |
  12. Bob in Pa

Who cares what AG thinks.

October 9, 2009 02:19 pm at 2:19 pm |
  13. CM

At least Mr. Gore can congratulate the President. This article is more pleasing to read than most of today's comments that only undermine this great country. Many of a soldier has died for this country and todays articles show me that a lot of them died in vain.

October 9, 2009 02:25 pm at 2:25 pm |
  14. Ron Ft. Myers

Who really cares if this nut job is thrilled?

October 9, 2009 02:31 pm at 2:31 pm |
  15. Deb n Texas

Gore you are so encouraging – some of the media is really trying to down play this great honor and I think it is such a sad thing. I think one of the reasons why he got this is because the WORLD is viewing HOW MUCH HATRED PRESIDENT OBAMA IS GETTING FROM HIS OWN COUNTRY AND THIS IS SO SAD. MY HEART ACHES FOR HIM AND THIS COUNTRY.

October 9, 2009 02:31 pm at 2:31 pm |
  16. B

What qualities that Obama and Gore have in common is that they LISTEN to others and get wide ranging concenous before proceeding .

You have to have a certain amount of humility in the effort and most Republicans are about anything but that!

October 9, 2009 02:33 pm at 2:33 pm |
  17. MatthewDetroit

Another Undeserving idiot.
    You Dems have this unearned crap cornered. Amazing.

October 9, 2009 02:36 pm at 2:36 pm |
  18. Keith in Vegas

I don't pretend to have an in-depth knowledge of all of the inner workings of politics nor the selection process of the Nobel Peace Prize, but I am very proud of President Obama's selection. It speaks of hope and expectations much as the awards did of Presidents Wilson and Roosevelt and the Rev Martin Luther King efforts. Let me say up front that I am an American of African descent and anyone that knows me will tell you that I am very conservative in my values and beliefs. As such I'm doubly disappointed in Mr Steele's reaction to the award being given to President Obama. I would expect it from a Limbaugh, a Hannity or Beck. These are individuals still caught up in an era when certain people should know their place. Entertain us, clean up after us, tend to our day to day needs as servants, but how dare you deem yourself worthy of governing us? Please don't think that just because President Obama and I share the same racial background that I happen to think of him as the second coming of Christ. I grew up in the south and I've heard lots of revival like sermons so I'm not easily swayed, but I do believe that every presidency is characterized by the events that take place during a presidential term. Whether that president in office at the time fails or succeeds is directly related to the nations faith in him and the support we as a nation provide. The three individuals mentioned earlier have let it be know in subtle and not so subtle ways that they hope Mr Obama fails which would mean that our nation would never again be subjected to national leadership of a man or woman of color. As an American, a retired Air Force veteran and a Black man, I AM VERY PROUD OF OUR CURRENT PRESIDENT. I too hope he lives up to his potential and his promises. Well done Mr. Obama, well done.

October 9, 2009 02:40 pm at 2:40 pm |
  19. Mike in MN

That's right. Gore got one he did not deserve too.

October 9, 2009 02:41 pm at 2:41 pm |
  20. Albo58

Gore has no creditability, but when one considers that this charlatan was also given a tainted award by the same liberal-tilting committee, then I can understand why he would agree with this flawed decision! What a joke!

October 9, 2009 02:42 pm at 2:42 pm |
  21. Dave

The speculative congratulates the tentative!

October 9, 2009 02:46 pm at 2:46 pm |
  22. Victim of Liberal stupidity

Oh yeah, Al Gore the inventor of the Internet and mastermind of the "Global Warming" crisis... Oh, I mean the "Climate Change" crisis...
    Another illustrious Nobel prize winner for using convenient lies to foster the propaganda of an inconvenient truth while the true winner that saved thousands of jewish babies during the Holocaust went by the wayside. Al Gore is just another nepotistic elitist politician piece of Crap! Remember when Tipper Gore went after the Heavy Metal music industry because she insisted if you played the record backwards and stood on your head you could hear "Worship Satan"?

October 9, 2009 02:51 pm at 2:51 pm |
  23. Max

Considering he is another individual who was frivolously handed the award for political purposes, I'm sure Gore is thrilled.

October 9, 2009 02:56 pm at 2:56 pm |
  24. Karen

I bet he is thrilled – someone less deserving than him got the award :)

October 9, 2009 03:23 pm at 3:23 pm |
  25. kate

If Gore is thrilled, thats not saying much.

October 9, 2009 03:36 pm at 3:36 pm |