October 9th, 2009
  1. ICARE

i VOTED FOR OBIE, BUT I DONT THINK HE IS THERE YET.

Right now, his grade is a C-. This year is his year of putting training wheels on and this year, he should have looked into what he did right and wrong and be a bETTER president for the next few years.

I can name a few bad apples in his can.

October 9, 2009 01:01 pm at 1:01 pm |
  2. Michael M, Phoenix AZ

People like Rollins are part of the fu#$&*% problem dividing the country they should just get out before they cause full scale rioting because we have a black President....and that Idiot Michael Steele needs to take a chill pill and learn to keep his mouth shut....It is almost like he is the GOPs token member put in a high position even though he doesn't call the shots.

October 9, 2009 01:01 pm at 1:01 pm |
  3. PALIN/BACHMANN 2012!!!

Ed Rollins is Right!!! This is a shameful day for America. It's obvious the reason the UN gave him this medal is to help him continue to destroy the USA, but they can give him all the medals they want, real Americans know a Lyin' African will never be their real President!!!

October 9, 2009 01:03 pm at 1:03 pm |
  4. TONY

Oh shut up.

October 9, 2009 01:04 pm at 1:04 pm |
  5. Jake

Ever notice, Republicans think thy'ere God-like?

October 9, 2009 01:05 pm at 1:05 pm |
  6. SANDRA

Does anybody see the reason for this award ?People are fed up with hate talk,name calling,finger pointing.While this goes on,nothing is accomplished in the congress and the hope is that we do not see the distraction from what should be voted on to improve the world.We look for hope in a world of hate,the people know theres a solution out there and great ideas are being ignored.Get the message,if someone has a way to fix this mess then we have to listen.I don`t care what political label he or she has,for the sake of this world and the future of our children,shut your mouth,open your ears,and work for a solution.Too many innocent people are dying because of evil agendas,hate,ignorance,and poverty.Obama has only said what peace loving people say every day,"START TALKING AND STOP KILLING".

October 9, 2009 01:05 pm at 1:05 pm |
  7. Paul

If the nominations for the Nobel were in February, then what had Obama done in two weeks besides buy a puppy for his daughters? Am I the only one awake here? Reminds me of the Emperor's New Clothes. By the way – Obama is NAKED!!!!

October 9, 2009 01:05 pm at 1:05 pm |
  8. Bill Lewis in Austin

Who listens to Ed Rollins these days? When was the last time one of those that he advised actually won an election?

What really aggravates the Republicans so much is that you won't find one Republican politician who has won a Nobel Prize for humanitarian actions. Yet, the Dems have won three in recent years; Carter, Gore, and Obama. Got to be a tough pill to swallow. It should be a wake up call that the world does not see these folks as humanitarians. Too bad that their base doesn't see it either.

October 9, 2009 01:06 pm at 1:06 pm |
  9. Ellie

Rollins doesn't decide....otherwise, it would have been a loyal Republican, like Tom Delay. Rollins is an idiot.

October 9, 2009 01:06 pm at 1:06 pm |
  10. Chris

Stay classy, Ed.

October 9, 2009 01:06 pm at 1:06 pm |
  11. ICARE

Hi Hillary!!!

I'm so glad you went for the Sec State position and you dumped the boring Senate seat for New York.

October 9, 2009 01:07 pm at 1:07 pm |
  12. Ellie

President Obama has earned it. The United States is starting to be liked in this world again. Bush and and the boys had almost everybody on this planet hating us. Congratulations President Obama!

October 9, 2009 01:07 pm at 1:07 pm |
  13. Frank G

It's nothing the Administration lobbied for; it happened and the President in comments placed the Award in the proper perspective. Now every commentator should, for once, just shut up.

October 9, 2009 01:07 pm at 1:07 pm |
  14. Dee

The response of the American right is unbecoming and undignified. What is wrong with so many Americans who are critical of Obama's Nobel Prize!! Its very sad indeed, that they cant embrace this and view it as an incredible honour for both the President and the country.

It is not a question for them to determine if he deserves it ...the fact is, the committe makes the decision and by their criteria he does. So shut up and give him his due credit!!

From those of us outside, it appears this Presdient can do nothing to gain approval from his over the line critics. Its an embarrasment to your country!!

You have a Presidnet who has done much in a short 9 months to open the doors to peace and certainly has changed the image of America across the world. Would you prefer to remain a country hated by others??

October 9, 2009 01:09 pm at 1:09 pm |
  15. Independent_me

Obama represents America. In giving the Nobel prize to Obama the Committee is giving it to America... what about this do the Repugnants NOT understand????

The World is loving America again!
    The World is respecting America again!

Anyone who is against Obama getting this honor is against America – because the honor is America's.

Get real, Repugnants!

October 9, 2009 01:10 pm at 1:10 pm |
  16. Josh in TN

This comment from Rollins is just another racist remark. He first said Tennis ( Williams Sisters) Golf (Tiger Woods). It is amazing how either right out race rants or ignorant race rants are happening everyday since a person of color has taken power over this country. Somebody sure did lie when they said those race days are over in this country.

October 9, 2009 01:10 pm at 1:10 pm |
  17. Minnesotan

Rollins is just another conservative old prune who doesn't want Obama to succeed at fixing all the problems the Republicans caused.

October 9, 2009 01:10 pm at 1:10 pm |
  18. katie

shut it, old man!

October 9, 2009 01:16 pm at 1:16 pm |
  19. Rita

Obama doesn't need to do jack splat to earn that prize. Obama did not nominate himself. Obama just needs to keep on being President. Republicans have this all backwards. Obama didn't ask for that! This has nothing to do with Obama and everything to do with the judges who nominated him. I agree, he shouldn't have gotten it, but I don't blame him for it! He doesn't need any more stress and pressure to live over and beyond what he is already trying to do, good grief. The Nobel Peace Prize committe needs to check themselves and leave Obama alone.

October 9, 2009 01:17 pm at 1:17 pm |
  20. Anonymous

I used to respect Rollins for trying to be "balanced" but since recently it seems he started "whining". Listen to him on the question whether others could disagree with the Noble Committee's decision who looked at all other candidates for the prize and decided Obama was deserving – he said "who is the Noble Committee?". If he does not believe in the Noble Committee why is he concerned to talk about Obama's award in the first place?

October 9, 2009 01:21 pm at 1:21 pm |
  21. Tina

How dare teh Democrats say because I am a Republican that I am aligning with the terrorists. Obama does not derserve this honor. There are others who deserve this award and I am upset because they gave it to someone who has not earned it. The guy makes his own decisions and doesn't care about those of us who have to work for everything and jsut take my money and give it to those who don't work. Where in life am I responsible for those I have no choice in who I help. I don't see anyone helping me as I lost everything but now I am going to have to give more of my money to others and still pay my own debt with no help from the government. And to find out Obama received this award. How about really helping the middle class who have lost everything and still working. Stop taking my money. Of course the defivit won't go up supposedly...you will raise my taxes or get money out of my hard earned paycheck some how. Why do we only hear about those who do not have...how about those of us who have a job but lost it all. We get nothing because we choose to work hard to pay our debt even on the items that the bank took..i.e. second mortgage on a forclosed home and repossessed car. I have not seen the government do anything, zip, nada to help me but continue to make me pay for all others while I struggle to pay my own debt. I apologize for going off the subject but how does one earn an award when he is not helping and has not earned it?

October 9, 2009 01:22 pm at 1:22 pm |
  22. Jimmy Crackhorns

Pre-Mature? I think so...but that is not for us to decide. I would ask the NPP Comittee why they thought he, over other candidates, was more deserved...??

This is what is really bothersome about todays news media, and todays political atmosphere. It is overloaded with op-ed, hand wringers, and ballyhoo honkers over even the slightest tit for a tat. Nobody goes to the source...are ALL of our reporters too lazy and cheap to pick up the phone and call Norway for a response?

Talk about wanting to TUNE OUT...the white noise is more than one mind can bear.

October 9, 2009 01:29 pm at 1:29 pm |
  23. Kimberly

Please explain yourself!!!

October 9, 2009 01:30 pm at 1:30 pm |
  24. Donkey Party

What's the problem Ed? President Obama didn't ask for the award, but received it anyway. How is he at fault?

October 9, 2009 01:30 pm at 1:30 pm |
  25. Tommygun

This is a positive vote for AMERICA from a respected world committee. WE ALL as AMERICANS GOT TO PROVE MORE....

This beautiful country known for being the melting polt of the "WORLD" has finally voted for a "NON WHITE MALE" that actually represent what the US touts.

It is very troubling to hear the REPUBLICANs make this a "POLITICAL FART" on AMERICANs in the WORLD eyes. Just maybe if the REPUBLICANs would take at least day to enjoy this honor for the COUNTRY AND OUR PRESIDENT, it would show true maturity.

It would be nice for the entire country to "SHOW UNITY" oppose to the WISE GUY comments BELITTLING ONE for their "OWN EGOTISTICAL GAIN".

Just once can all AMERICA REPUBLICANs project to the World "HOPE", "REALITY" and "HUMBLENESS" without taunting "POWER", "SUPERIORITY" and "PRIDE" based on the local US POLITICs.

AMERICANS (REPUBLICANs) is there any pride in what AMERICA just accomplished? It’s actually time to GROW UP. It’s OK to fight about local US politics, but when we are being complimented Internationally…..just look at the angry AMERICAN people upset because this wasn’t a person from their party.

In this case, PLEASE WAKE UP....LIKE YOUR GRACIOUS MOTHER WOULD TELL YOU...IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING GOOD...DO NOT SAY ANYTHING.

October 9, 2009 01:31 pm at 1:31 pm |