October 14th, 2009
  1. mark in Atlanta

I'm a Dem, but I admire and respect Snowe. I wish we could get her to support a public option, which is a key piece of the puzzle, but she clearly votes according to what she believes will be best for the country and not just what she thinks will be damaging to Obama. Good for her.

October 14, 2009 08:09 pm at 8:09 pm |
  2. kr

I just saw that Snowe will not vote for a public option. She ,also, stated that to tax the rich to pay for this is not in her vote. In the long run, I feel that her vote is going to cost us a bad bill and a lot of money.

October 14, 2009 08:12 pm at 8:12 pm |
  3. washingtoncalling

typical yankee, come on northerners, let's hear from you.

October 14, 2009 08:13 pm at 8:13 pm |
  4. Censorship in Practice form at CNN--S Callahan NYS

Ms. Snowe I have the upmost respect for you...you deserve the badge of courage...because we truely hear you want to help your fellow citizens....and with your passion...it will get done right , and I'm sure you will be a great advocate in making that so. Rooting for you!

October 14, 2009 08:28 pm at 8:28 pm |
  5. On the other hand...

I was really hoping to understand why she would support this bill. She did not explain or justify her decision.

This is just another waste of America's wealth in the attempt to make a quick win for Obama. Go back to the drawing board...put in some real effort and come up with something we can afford that actually fixes the problem of the high cost of health care rather than amplifying it and dumping it on future generations of Americans. They deserve better from us! This is irresponsible and the politicians that came up with it should be embarrassed.

October 14, 2009 08:35 pm at 8:35 pm |
  6. Gop

Well no reason for her to explain her vote we all know she is a liberal that Pretends to be a republican. In fact she is a spineless liberal dim wit! And I got news for her this will be her last year in office.

She will not win reelection and a lot of her liberal friends will also be without a job just like most Americans they pretend to help.

2012 Obama better start sending out a resume because people are getting real tired of his lies!

October 14, 2009 08:47 pm at 8:47 pm |
  7. LacrosseDad

Adios Snowe

October 14, 2009 08:53 pm at 8:53 pm |
  8. Henry Miller, Libertarian, Cary, NC

History calls on you to waste a trillion bucks of taxpayer money, stealing it from working Americans to give it to the indolent, irresponsible, and improvident? I don't think so.

October 14, 2009 09:07 pm at 9:07 pm |
  9. charlie in Maine

Dear Senator Snowe,

I am going to suggest to my fellow Democrats that we should save the time and money we would waste going against you and just endorse you as our candidate as well. I promise I will vote for you next time and If those knuckle dragging idots on the far right of your "once reasonable" party give you too much trouble I know another party that would take you in a Caribou minute.

October 14, 2009 09:10 pm at 9:10 pm |
  10. Willy Brown

No need to explain Snowe you set the table for faliure on the democrats. Good Job!

October 14, 2009 09:13 pm at 9:13 pm |
  11. Kathy Anderson

I want a public health care option. Our tax money funds health care education (medical, nursing, pharmacology) and provides funding for organizations like the Nationa Institutes of Health and the National Science Foundation to grant money or contract with organizations–both private and pubic–to research the medical efficacy of drugs and health care research. Yet, some members of Congress cannot see their to a publicly funded health care option. Shame on you.

October 14, 2009 09:16 pm at 9:16 pm |
  12. Runofthemill

What's to explain? She put the nation ahead of her declared party. She put the well being of her constituents above the well being of insurance executive's bank accounts and country club memberships. She put the future of the country ahead of the fatwahs of chairman limbaugh. In other words, she did the job that all senators are elected to do, but that roughly 39 feel they do not need to do if it means thumbing their nose at the president.

October 14, 2009 09:17 pm at 9:17 pm |
  13. JP

Shame on her. She should realize that forcing healthcare on citizens who are out of work and not able to afford healthcare and not providing citizens rights of their own is unconstitutional. What has happened to our country? Is this what we waited 10 months for, the "change" Obama promised? This is not what our founding fathers had envisioned for its citizens.

October 14, 2009 09:17 pm at 9:17 pm |
  14. A 50-year Democrat no more. Now an independent with brains.

Alcohol as got to this woman so bad she don't know what she votes for. Have you ever heard her talk.

October 14, 2009 09:21 pm at 9:21 pm |
  15. tarheel

History Called. LOL. Barack Obama called and she went running like the Liberal lapdog that she is. It's false advertisement for her to have an "R" beside her name. She wouldn't even make a good blue dog Democrat. I fully expect Snowe and her twin sister Susan Collins to vote with the Democrats no matter what the final health care bill looks like because I'm sure "History" will be on the line, wooing her one more time.

October 14, 2009 09:31 pm at 9:31 pm |
  16. Marie Laveaux

I wish both the Senate and the House were filled with people like her, regardless of political affiliation. Thank you, Ms. Snow.

October 14, 2009 09:48 pm at 9:48 pm |
  17. New Yorker

No excuse for this one Ollie.

October 14, 2009 10:00 pm at 10:00 pm |
  18. USN

I voted for this cause under my panties lies (lies) a democrat.

October 14, 2009 10:16 pm at 10:16 pm |
  19. Amy

This is why we send people to Washington in the first place-TO GET THINGS DONE! Senator Snowe understands that you can't be the party of NO when there is work to be done. If only she were the voice of the Republican Party, instead of guys like Limbaugh, Boehner, and Steele. This is a Republican who would get my vote!

October 14, 2009 10:27 pm at 10:27 pm |
  20. Lupus

Republican Snowe is for CIGNA,Blue Cross,Humana...................................

October 14, 2009 10:30 pm at 10:30 pm |
  21. RNC = DNC = politics as usual

Good for her. I like independent thinkers. That goes for the Dems who dare to disagree too!

These are brave folks parting from the DNC/RNC club. They should all form a new third party – the thinkers party!

October 14, 2009 10:32 pm at 10:32 pm |
  22. not alone

haha, she has a bigger set then the rest of her party.Koodos to Snow for her vote.

October 14, 2009 10:32 pm at 10:32 pm |
  23. D.

What is there to explain?
    The bill hides 9 out of 10 years expenses, to make it "look" fiscally responsible, WHILE IT IS NOT.
    Then, the senator is deciding to play nice with this smoke mirror.
    If she manages to deal with these lying facts and change it she will be a winner, but I think it will not change and it is a mere government extension and tax extension during economic times that require the opposite. In five years she will have a lot of explaining to do if she keeps supporting mere smoke mirrors and other non-sense non serious bills that hide facts from the public (try to)! Our grandchildren and history books will remember the chaos this types of bills have had caused and remember who created them!

October 14, 2009 10:38 pm at 10:38 pm |
  24. valwayne

Senator Snowe also voted for the corrupt stimulous bill with its AIG Executive Bonus Guarantees. We know how that's turned out...9.8% UNEMPLOYMENT! There' no reason to think this mess will turn out any better, and the final product is likely to be much much worse than the committee bill. I hope whatever the Democrats promised her its worth the damage Obamacare will do to the American people!

October 14, 2009 10:54 pm at 10:54 pm |
  25. normajean

Leave it to a woman to keep things moving. We{women} have always said that if women were running things, we wouldn't be in such a mess. {{Now watch all the men start screeming}.....See I told you.

October 14, 2009 10:58 pm at 10:58 pm |