WASHINGTON (CNN) - A key figure in the contentious health care debate called for more bipartisan compromise Wednesday, putting her at odds with a growing chorus of dissent from conservative and liberal activists.
Sen. Olympia Snowe of Maine, the lone Republican on the Senate Finance Committee to vote for that panel's sweeping $829 billion proposal, said that a failure on the federal government's part to act soon would exacerbate a growing crisis.
Snowe's warning came as top Senate Democrats prepared to discuss ways to merge the Finance Committee's bill with legislation from the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee.
Give us a public option and then we'll talk compromise.
Snowe's nothing here but this bill will be the turd in a punch bowl for Obummer.
Why is anyone still talking about having a “trigger option” added to the HCR Bill? Didn’t the insurance companies already pull that trigger on Monday by stating they WOULD increase premiums even while the Bill in the Senate did NOT included a Public Option? Give me a break! These companies have and continue to go over the line! Time to place these companies on notice and to take the taxpayer benefits they now enjoy away from them!
Health Care Mafia wants the US healthcare to remain in PRIVATE CONTROL, rather than Government control, because, so that:
1. They can Earn Unscruplous Profits and Embezzle Money.
2. They can become Rich by Plunder and Extortion of the Middle Class.
3. They can Defaud the Public to deprive them of the Health Services.
4. They can Control and Deny the Doctors Independent Judgment.
5. Mafia can have MONOPOLY not FAIR COMPETITION.
6. Fair Competition will be only if there is PUBLIC OPTION.
7. MAFIA / GOP does not want PUBLIC OPTION. Mafia / GOP wants all PRIVATIZATION.
8. HEALTH Insurance COSTS, OVERHEADS and OPERATING COSTS are higher than the BENEFITS to THE INSURED.
9. HEALTH Insurance is a WASTE, SOURCE OF CORRUPTION AND EXTORTION.
HEALTHCARE MAFIA consists of People like MADOFF.