October 20th, 2009

Palin to appear on Oprah day before tell-all released

Palin will talk to Oprah Winfrey the day before her memoir hits bookstores.
Palin will talk to Oprah Winfrey the day before her memoir hits bookstores.

WASHINGTON (CNN) – Sarah Palin will sit down with Oprah Winfrey the day before her new memoir hits bookstores, Harpo announced Tuesday.

The former Alaska governor will make the appearance on Oprah on November 16 to talk about her highly anticipated tell-all, "Going Rogue: An American Life."

Palin has never before appeared on the popular daytime talk show. Last December, Winfrey said she had invited her on the show to discuss the election, but suggested at the time that Palin had instead chose other interviewers.

"I said I would be happy to talk to Sarah Palin when the election was over... I went and tried to talk to Sarah Palin and instead she talked to Greta [Van Susteren]. She talked to Matt [Lauer]. She talked to Larry [King]. But she didn't talk to me," Oprah told the show Extra last year.

Filed under: Oprah Winfrey • Popular Posts • Sarah Palin
  1. TangledThorns

Good for Sarah but the world doesn't revolve around Oprah. Sarah Palin 2012!! She will be a far better President than the current joker in the WH.

October 20, 2009 02:47 pm at 2:47 pm |
  2. Victim of Democratic greed

Well this will be interesting to see how Huge Obama supporter Oprah treats Sarah Palin. I would expect Oprah to be professional, unlike Katie Couric or Charles Gibson.

October 20, 2009 02:48 pm at 2:48 pm |
  3. Ken, AZ

Bet she doesn't show.

October 20, 2009 02:49 pm at 2:49 pm |
  4. Elizabeth

Why does anyone give this woman airtime? I am now disappointed in Oprah. Palin is an embarrassment to women everywhere.

October 20, 2009 02:50 pm at 2:50 pm |
  5. mike lyman

Why would Palin appear on Oprah?? Oprah and her audience are Obama sycophants!! I would rather see her on Fox News.
    ML

October 20, 2009 02:50 pm at 2:50 pm |
  6. patNY

I hope Palin reads the book before appearing on Oprah, so she knows what's in it [wink wink, oh you betcha!] Hey, I can see a library from my window, guess that means I'm a writer!

October 20, 2009 02:52 pm at 2:52 pm |
  7. me

i won't watch that show

October 20, 2009 02:52 pm at 2:52 pm |
  8. Cathy Reid

Who wants to hear what this moron has to say. She is a stupid person. Who should crawl back in to the hole she slithered out of.
    Sarah, you are the laughing stock of the country. Your dumber than dirt and everyone knows it.
    Go back to where you came from and stay there with your ugly mouth shut and do us all a favor.
    You make women look bad.

October 20, 2009 02:52 pm at 2:52 pm |
  9. Steph

Ick! That's one Oprah I'll skip.

October 20, 2009 02:53 pm at 2:53 pm |
  10. Garland

You fit into her agenda at this moment Oprah! She knows that you are watched by millions. I'm flabbergatsted that you would even ask her. I for one, WON"T WATCH!

October 20, 2009 02:53 pm at 2:53 pm |
  11. john from Arizona

It would be real good if the news media would ignore Palin. She is not only old news, she is bad news. She is forgettable.

October 20, 2009 02:53 pm at 2:53 pm |
  12. Terry from West Texas

I doubt that Palin has read the book. I suspect that one of her assistants has briefed her on what the book says. Given Palin's track record of public relations disasters, I predict a series of blunders and poor sales.

I feel sorry for all the authors who cannot find a publisher when this woman is probably going to make a good deal of money for doing nothing.

October 20, 2009 02:53 pm at 2:53 pm |
  13. Jay T.

This woman is the Cleopatra of our generation. She just needs her Marc Anthony. Italian Prime Minister, Berlosconi, anyone?

October 20, 2009 02:54 pm at 2:54 pm |
  14. Ellie

I am so sick of Sarah Palin. I'll be sure NOT to watch Oprah that day.

October 20, 2009 02:54 pm at 2:54 pm |
  15. Dominican mama 4 Obama

I don't watch Oprah, but I hope to God she wails into Palin like Katie Couric never could. If only to show the average housewife sitting at home (more than likekly RethugliKlan because Democratic housewives HAVE to work in order to make ends meet) what a complete idiot Sarah is, and how God spared the USA of a fate worse than death. I also remember how the bigots spoke about Oprah during, and after the election. They threw everything BUT the sink at her for supporting Obama, and they rejoiced in the fact that we did not get the Olympics even though she was part of the effort. So yes, may God forgive me, I hope she shows the American Paragon of Quitterhood up for what she is.... an empty-headed skirt unworthy of travelling in the same circles as Oprah, and others who are willing to go the extra mile for the good of our country.

October 20, 2009 02:54 pm at 2:54 pm |
  16. RRRUSA

I will believe it when I see it!
    Look for Palin to find a last minute excuse not to appear. Look for her to ask for so many conditions it is not an 'interview'. Look for her to leave in the middle of the interview. Look for her to only answer questions about the 'book'. Look for suprise guest Michelle Obama on the same show (now that would be cool!).

October 20, 2009 02:54 pm at 2:54 pm |
  17. Preco

I can see Russia.........

October 20, 2009 02:54 pm at 2:54 pm |
  18. Palin is the love-child of Schlafly and Limbaugh

Why is this empty-headed former prom queen still in the news? Her 15 minutes were up a LONG time ago ... like the day after the 2008 presidential election.

October 20, 2009 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  19. cathie

We all know the reason that Sarah is on Oprah. If you write a book make sure you have Oprah sell it for you. Follow the $$$$$$$$$$$. :)

October 20, 2009 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  20. sharon

Oprah I like you.

little miss rouge.............."and who cares"???????????

October 20, 2009 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  21. The Gonz

I wonder if Palin (the Queen of trailer trash) will even read her own book!

October 20, 2009 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  22. Dominican mama 4 Obama

I may just have to figure out how to work the On-Demand DVR and record this one!

October 20, 2009 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  23. steve

why help her sell a book that she isn't even smart enough to write and further her right wingnut agenda. Most of the real world has had enough of this air head

October 20, 2009 02:56 pm at 2:56 pm |
  24. jill

Sarah punished Oprah – now she needs Oprah.

October 20, 2009 02:56 pm at 2:56 pm |
  25. Debbie, Las Vegas

Wow, can't wait to hear what the enlightened has to say.

October 20, 2009 02:56 pm at 2:56 pm |