October 20th, 2009

Palin to appear on Oprah day before tell-all released

Palin will talk to Oprah Winfrey the day before her memoir hits bookstores.
Palin will talk to Oprah Winfrey the day before her memoir hits bookstores.

WASHINGTON (CNN) – Sarah Palin will sit down with Oprah Winfrey the day before her new memoir hits bookstores, Harpo announced Tuesday.

The former Alaska governor will make the appearance on Oprah on November 16 to talk about her highly anticipated tell-all, "Going Rogue: An American Life."

Palin has never before appeared on the popular daytime talk show. Last December, Winfrey said she had invited her on the show to discuss the election, but suggested at the time that Palin had instead chose other interviewers.

"I said I would be happy to talk to Sarah Palin when the election was over... I went and tried to talk to Sarah Palin and instead she talked to Greta [Van Susteren]. She talked to Matt [Lauer]. She talked to Larry [King]. But she didn't talk to me," Oprah told the show Extra last year.

Filed under: Oprah Winfrey • Popular Posts • Sarah Palin
  1. ADH

I am a voter and I have not taken a poll, so I will not believe anything the polls says! I am pleased with our president!!! No, poll needed!!

October 20, 2009 03:57 pm at 3:57 pm |
  2. Diane in Kennewick WA

That's one day I won't be watching Oprah

October 20, 2009 03:57 pm at 3:57 pm |
  3. ronnie6477

Sarah, Please cancel this this interview. Oprah will only use it against you. You should not degrade yourself to Oprah's level on mentality.

October 20, 2009 03:58 pm at 3:58 pm |
  4. ivote

Will sha show up? I bet NO

October 20, 2009 03:58 pm at 3:58 pm |
  5. Hm

Sarah is very entertaining in the villain-sort of way. I wouldn't mind if she lands her own talk show on Fox News (probably because I don't watch Fox News).

October 20, 2009 03:59 pm at 3:59 pm |
  6. kathie slo

"O" have you lost your mind???

October 20, 2009 03:59 pm at 3:59 pm |
  7. Vitajex

And here, scientists were worried about the Hadron Collider when what will really cause the universe to collapse in on itself is when Oprah and 'White Oprah' meet...

"Everybody in the audience gets a free rape kit! Just kidding, you have to pay for it..."

October 20, 2009 04:00 pm at 4:00 pm |
  8. Is it 2012yet?

Time for the Palin haters to come out, oops, you are home watching Oprah as you voted for Obambi and don't work and the truth, facts and Fox news don't sit too well in your little worlds.

The first one of you that has run a city, a state and a business, balanced a BUDGET at home or at work, can start hammering her, say, that would leave out Obama as well...

Please send this to the Obambi rat squad, I look forward to Axelfraud and "The fish" contacting me, I love schooling fools that think they are smart.

Today's media minus the number one source all say "All the news that's fit to omit".

October 20, 2009 04:00 pm at 4:00 pm |
  9. J.Orange

Can't wait for that interview.

October 20, 2009 04:00 pm at 4:00 pm |
  10. PT

Oprah could do us all a favor by recinding her invitation. WE ARE NOT INTERESTED IN THIS NOBODY!

October 20, 2009 04:00 pm at 4:00 pm |
  11. David

You really expect us to believe this woman is intelligent enough to write a book?

Can you say ghostwriter boys and girls? Sure, I knew you could!

October 20, 2009 04:00 pm at 4:00 pm |
  12. Ron Abfalter

The train wreck continues. When will our society wake up and just walk away from Sarah.

October 20, 2009 04:01 pm at 4:01 pm |
  13. Reagan was wrong

Intelligent women (Hillary Clinton, Katie Couric) are Sarah Palin's kryptonite. This will be an interesting interview, provided Sarah Palin doesn't cancel at the last minute.

October 20, 2009 04:01 pm at 4:01 pm |
  14. Phil

Oprah didn't want her billions of housewives to get to know Palin prior to the election because her boy Obama may lose votes to her.

October 20, 2009 04:02 pm at 4:02 pm |
  15. Mary Perfater

I hope Oprah gives Sarah Palin a chance to talk openly and be herself. I have noticed most people just poke at her and don't let her be herself. Oprah is usually fair minded.

October 20, 2009 04:02 pm at 4:02 pm |
  16. jrzshor

oh my god, she didn't talk to ophra first.

oh the shame of it.

October 20, 2009 04:02 pm at 4:02 pm |
  17. bess

will be interesting to see how Oprahbama treats her 'guest'

October 20, 2009 04:03 pm at 4:03 pm |
  18. Lynn

Now that Palin needs someone respectable to hawk her book, she's got the time for Oprah. Oprah is too smart not to see through the facade, unless it's a good time to remind and show the Country what a simple mind Palin really has.

October 20, 2009 04:03 pm at 4:03 pm |
  19. Sgt. USMC

Get her Oprah!

October 20, 2009 04:03 pm at 4:03 pm |
  20. Ted White

I've never watched Oprah. I guess I won't start anytime soon.

October 20, 2009 04:04 pm at 4:04 pm |
  21. pat

Who cares what she has to say??

October 20, 2009 04:05 pm at 4:05 pm |
  22. ivote

Correction.......Will She show up? I bet NO unless she is hoping OPRAH will put her book in the Oprah Book club.

October 20, 2009 04:05 pm at 4:05 pm |
  23. Diesel

I hope Katie Couric is a guest host the same day. It would be a hoot to see her and Sarah reunited again. I loved thier last interview. HAHAHA

October 20, 2009 04:05 pm at 4:05 pm |
  24. Nini

I am not Palin supporter but fair is fair.

Palin shouldn’t have accepted to talk to you this time either.
    You gave the platform to Obama but not Palin or McCain but you did give it to Obama.

Why? Because he was black. Or because he was the savior of the world?

October 20, 2009 04:06 pm at 4:06 pm |
  25. Snarla

I hope she asks her how many ghostwriters it took to write that book.

October 20, 2009 04:06 pm at 4:06 pm |