October 20th, 2009

Palin to appear on Oprah day before tell-all released

Palin will talk to Oprah Winfrey the day before her memoir hits bookstores.
Palin will talk to Oprah Winfrey the day before her memoir hits bookstores.

WASHINGTON (CNN) – Sarah Palin will sit down with Oprah Winfrey the day before her new memoir hits bookstores, Harpo announced Tuesday.

The former Alaska governor will make the appearance on Oprah on November 16 to talk about her highly anticipated tell-all, "Going Rogue: An American Life."

Palin has never before appeared on the popular daytime talk show. Last December, Winfrey said she had invited her on the show to discuss the election, but suggested at the time that Palin had instead chose other interviewers.

"I said I would be happy to talk to Sarah Palin when the election was over... I went and tried to talk to Sarah Palin and instead she talked to Greta [Van Susteren]. She talked to Matt [Lauer]. She talked to Larry [King]. But she didn't talk to me," Oprah told the show Extra last year.

Filed under: Oprah Winfrey • Popular Posts • Sarah Palin
  1. William in San Jose

Ooooooooh boy................

Talk about a softball interview. I wonder if Sarah will quit the interview?

October 20, 2009 04:06 pm at 4:06 pm |
  2. A.B.

Who cares if anyone talks with Sarah Palin?? Why should Oprah care?? There are more other interesting people for Oprah and other talk show hosts to talk to than Palin. Enough with Palin!! My advise to Oprah and other media hosts, Get over Sarah Palin and find someone else to focus on!! Focus on someone who is intelligent, thoughtful, well read, well traveled and is very knowledgeable about national and world affairs. Forget Sarah Palin!!

October 20, 2009 04:07 pm at 4:07 pm |
  3. MikQuick

Sorry Oprah, I'll have to miss that show. Something more relevant will come up I am sure...like a class on how to best trim my toenails for fall/winter footwear.

October 20, 2009 04:07 pm at 4:07 pm |
  4. Mar

Why are you giving her the time of the day? This is the person who used all those crazy scare tactics at the time of election. Why do you think people still talk about socialim? It's all because of her ....

Please let her disappear!!!!

October 20, 2009 04:07 pm at 4:07 pm |
  5. John J, IN

Oh goodie, another chance for Barbie to completely embarass herself on national TV.

You know they are dumb when they don't even realize how dumb they are.

October 20, 2009 04:08 pm at 4:08 pm |
  6. zali

aaaah, that's huge!

October 20, 2009 04:08 pm at 4:08 pm |
  7. Peter

Who lobbied for her, Karl Rove?

October 20, 2009 04:08 pm at 4:08 pm |
  8. naomi

This woman has no clue. I hope she gets reduced by Oprah!!

October 20, 2009 04:09 pm at 4:09 pm |
  9. Frank, Las Vegas

The key here is November 16th. That's gives her plenty of time to back out. I'm sure we'll be seeing some reason in the future why she has to cancel the interview. This woman is a complete joke.

October 20, 2009 04:10 pm at 4:10 pm |
  10. Sammy

Oprah said she would sit with Palin AFTER the election, but yet she not only sat but campaigned with Obama DURING the election, Oprah has never endorsed a candidate until Obama, could it be because he is black? I think so.... Oprah is a racist.

October 20, 2009 04:11 pm at 4:11 pm |
  11. Tommygunn

CASHING IN..... this is going to be Sarah's biggest draw yet on the MONEY......good for her.......

Oprah is all about communication and being a part of America.

I would image the "political haters" out there on both sides will draw their ugly conclusions as they did when Oprah stated she wouldn't hold interviews until after the elections.

Let's just hope the "Republicans that were haters" last year now have a different view than last year in the heat of the elections.

October 20, 2009 04:11 pm at 4:11 pm |
  12. not alone

In what way is Palin a big interview?

October 20, 2009 04:12 pm at 4:12 pm |
  13. Brady

Well, of course...now she has a chance to boost her sales...it's all about the bottom line

October 20, 2009 04:13 pm at 4:13 pm |
  14. Cr. Wa.

Oprah, what do you have for a back up plan in case she is a no show?

October 20, 2009 04:13 pm at 4:13 pm |
  15. Carl

GO SHARA! Don't let Oprah bully you.Defend yourself afgainst a bias Oprah.

October 20, 2009 04:14 pm at 4:14 pm |
  16. Kate

Now no one really wants to talk to Palin so she chose Oprah for her big come back. There is one show I will gladly miss.

October 20, 2009 04:15 pm at 4:15 pm |
  17. R

i guess that means the sales will be off the chart.

October 20, 2009 04:15 pm at 4:15 pm |
  18. Laurie in Spokane

I'm sooooo sick of that woman!!!

October 20, 2009 04:16 pm at 4:16 pm |
  19. S.B. Stein E.B. NJ

Well, more of the country can see why Palin isn't fit to lead much of anyone. I think she should really re-evaluate what her ideals are and read up on some history about the US. I hope that Palin stutters with answers like she did during the other interviews she had (Katie Couric anyone?).

October 20, 2009 04:16 pm at 4:16 pm |
  20. Lisa

there goes Oprah's ratings. right down the toilet

October 20, 2009 04:16 pm at 4:16 pm |
  21. charlie

Sarah needs to pull a Michelle and give her a list of questions that she can only ask.

October 20, 2009 04:16 pm at 4:16 pm |
  22. Military Mom

Please tell Mrs. Palin the correct way to wear the Blue Star Pin ... down like a flag – not crossways!

October 20, 2009 04:17 pm at 4:17 pm |
  23. Jim, San Antonio

Better not ask any really hard questions like Katie did. I suggest: (1) Can you really see Russia from your house? (2) What does moose taste like? (3) Will you get even dumber when you get old and senile?

October 20, 2009 04:17 pm at 4:17 pm |
  24. jane

The whole thing makes me shudder.

October 20, 2009 04:17 pm at 4:17 pm |
  25. Fed Up

Big mistake. Oprah is as liberal as they get. I quit watching her several years ago.

October 20, 2009 04:18 pm at 4:18 pm |