October 20th, 2009

Palin to appear on Oprah day before tell-all released

Palin will talk to Oprah Winfrey the day before her memoir hits bookstores.
Palin will talk to Oprah Winfrey the day before her memoir hits bookstores.

WASHINGTON (CNN) – Sarah Palin will sit down with Oprah Winfrey the day before her new memoir hits bookstores, Harpo announced Tuesday.

The former Alaska governor will make the appearance on Oprah on November 16 to talk about her highly anticipated tell-all, "Going Rogue: An American Life."

Palin has never before appeared on the popular daytime talk show. Last December, Winfrey said she had invited her on the show to discuss the election, but suggested at the time that Palin had instead chose other interviewers.

"I said I would be happy to talk to Sarah Palin when the election was over... I went and tried to talk to Sarah Palin and instead she talked to Greta [Van Susteren]. She talked to Matt [Lauer]. She talked to Larry [King]. But she didn't talk to me," Oprah told the show Extra last year.

Filed under: Oprah Winfrey • Popular Posts • Sarah Palin
  1. Connie

Oh Oprah!

I've lost all respect for you.

You now fall under the do NOT watch, Jerry Springer category.

October 20, 2009 02:56 pm at 2:56 pm |
  2. Anonymous

Of course, she will talk to you now.......she trying to sell a book.....don't let her off easy.

October 20, 2009 02:56 pm at 2:56 pm |
  3. Edgar

Its going to be a great show!

Palin and Oprah rock!

October 20, 2009 02:57 pm at 2:57 pm |
  4. Tommy

Whoa! Stop the presses! Better get my TIVO setup.

October 20, 2009 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  5. Independent from DEM Party

love you, Palin!!!!!!!!

the Main Stream Media smeared you, trash you. But you have
    GRACE, DINITY AND COURAGE TO STAND THE HEAT. YOU ARE CLASSY AND YOUR LEVEL OF TOLERANCE MADE ME ADMIRE YOU.

You are not a crying baby after all.

October 20, 2009 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  6. Ted

Why does someone like Oprah lower herself to Sarah Palin's level and beg to interview her? Come on people, Sarah Palin is an ignorant idiot and if it hadn't been for McCain last year, no one would have ever heard of her. It is absolutely insane how people are going gaga over this moron.

October 20, 2009 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  7. justsane

i am sorry that oprah is giving her a platform.

October 20, 2009 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  8. 2012

How could Oprah stoop so low! Anything for ratings. i will not be watching. I thought Oprah had class. Apparently not. On second thought, I need some comedy relief. She should invite Rob Blogajavich and Sanford from South Carolina to complete the circus! :)

October 20, 2009 02:59 pm at 2:59 pm |
  9. Who put the twit in twitter? Sarah!

Shameless promotion of her book. That's what this is all about. I 'd like to watch her choke on one of her mooseburgers.

October 20, 2009 02:59 pm at 2:59 pm |
  10. JohnnyCakes

Rip her a new one, Oprah!

October 20, 2009 02:59 pm at 2:59 pm |
  11. Common Cents

I'd rather watch paint dry...

October 20, 2009 02:59 pm at 2:59 pm |
  12. Jay T.

Go get 'em you moose-hunting, Russia-watching, governor-quitting, reform-slandering magazine-reading princess! We luv ya'!

October 20, 2009 02:59 pm at 2:59 pm |
  13. victim of republican greed

I hope Oprah does not ask her hard questions, or the wingnuts will go crazy. Keeping it simple like, "How are you today?" or "Do you still live in Alaska?"

October 20, 2009 02:59 pm at 2:59 pm |
  14. Tony

Politics is strategy. Good move, Palin.

October 20, 2009 02:59 pm at 2:59 pm |
  15. James from Cali

WOWOWOWOWOW!!!!! I can't wait!!!!! I love Sarah!!!

October 20, 2009 03:00 pm at 3:00 pm |
  16. AEK

Confused am I...
    Now, is former Governor Palin going to be on Oprah, or the person who actually wrote the book?
    Just askin'!

October 20, 2009 03:00 pm at 3:00 pm |
  17. stranger in an increasingly strange land

Palin wrote a tell all book. If it is based on fact that has been checked by a reputable source that might just run up to ten-twele pages. If you leave wide margins and double spaced, of course.

Go Brainiac, go.

October 20, 2009 03:00 pm at 3:00 pm |
  18. beevee

Good chance for Oprah to expose what an idot Sarah palin is and put her down.

October 20, 2009 03:00 pm at 3:00 pm |
  19. someVAgal

So now Mrs. Palin will go on the Oprah show because she can make $ from it...funny how that works isn't it? She was able to sway some of her supporters from watching Oprah because she refused to sit down at the time of the election, but now that she stands a chance to make $ from it, she will....chasing the American Dream must be "en-Rogue"

October 20, 2009 03:00 pm at 3:00 pm |
  20. Anonymous

I do not think that she will show up. I don't think that Oprah will agree to Palin's list of softballs. Plus I don't think she wants to answer questions about her new castle that she is building next to her other house. Also, too she might get asked about her pregnancy hoax.

October 20, 2009 03:01 pm at 3:01 pm |
  21. LIP

Big mistake. Oprah is in the tank with Obama and will be gunning for Palin big time. Oprah will do everything she can to trip her up...probably ask the "impossible to answer" question that will top Katie Couric's question. I am sure Oprah's people are crafting that question right now.

October 20, 2009 03:01 pm at 3:01 pm |
  22. J.Crobuzon

Atta girl, Oprah. FORCE her to come on your show. They used to pretend she could be president, and now she's crawling for dollars. She's the Quitter with Twitter! Failin' Palin! Cut-and-run-cuda! And "Going Rouge" is the perfect name for a book about a lipsticked pig.

October 20, 2009 03:01 pm at 3:01 pm |
  23. Theresa in Bozeman

I hope Palin studies for the test this time.

October 20, 2009 03:01 pm at 3:01 pm |
  24. johnnie w

Oh the QUITTER,and FAKE FLAKE, She complain so MUCH before that Oprah would not let her SORRY SELF come on in 2008 election. But who really cares CNN your network should be CNN PALIN QUITS.

October 20, 2009 03:02 pm at 3:02 pm |
  25. Curtis

My, my, how the smell of cash makes Ms. "Real America" more social. Hopefully she will make some sense during the interview.

October 20, 2009 03:02 pm at 3:02 pm |