October 20th, 2009

Palin to appear on Oprah day before tell-all released

Palin will talk to Oprah Winfrey the day before her memoir hits bookstores.
Palin will talk to Oprah Winfrey the day before her memoir hits bookstores.

WASHINGTON (CNN) – Sarah Palin will sit down with Oprah Winfrey the day before her new memoir hits bookstores, Harpo announced Tuesday.

The former Alaska governor will make the appearance on Oprah on November 16 to talk about her highly anticipated tell-all, "Going Rogue: An American Life."

Palin has never before appeared on the popular daytime talk show. Last December, Winfrey said she had invited her on the show to discuss the election, but suggested at the time that Palin had instead chose other interviewers.

"I said I would be happy to talk to Sarah Palin when the election was over... I went and tried to talk to Sarah Palin and instead she talked to Greta [Van Susteren]. She talked to Matt [Lauer]. She talked to Larry [King]. But she didn't talk to me," Oprah told the show Extra last year.

Filed under: Oprah Winfrey • Popular Posts • Sarah Palin
  1. junglejim123

oh poor poor Oprah....Palin talked to everyone except Oh-prah...maybe theres a reason there eh Oprah ? Maybe cuz your radical friends in the DNC, including Obama, trashed Palin every chance they got. Maybe because you bankrolled Obama Palin felt she wouldnt be treated fairly. Lets hope you can niow finally be objective Oprah..... You have foisted this Kenyan born fraud on us – hope you are still feling that tingle..you and Chrissy Matthews !!

October 20, 2009 03:10 pm at 3:10 pm |
  2. bill

Who will want to read her new book, Going Rogue, an American Lie?

October 20, 2009 03:10 pm at 3:10 pm |
  3. Nancy

I can't expect her to write in a clear consize manner when she has me lost with her brief speeches.

October 20, 2009 03:11 pm at 3:11 pm |
  4. Jerry

Sarah will have Oprah eating out of her hand.

October 20, 2009 03:11 pm at 3:11 pm |
  5. Felonious Monk

Yet another book Oprah can make a fool out of herself over.

Poor Oprah, nobody wants to talk to her...boo hoo.

This is all such an incredibly not funny joke.

October 20, 2009 03:11 pm at 3:11 pm |
  6. Pat

Why would anyone want to talk to Palin except to embarrass her or expose her naivety? Oprah must have agreed not to ask what mags and newspapers Sarah reads. It's a shame that anyone in this country would consider SP any kind of statesperson for the US after she neglected her state by short terming the Governorship and after previously wanting to secede from the US. It's all about the $$, as usual.

October 20, 2009 03:12 pm at 3:12 pm |
  7. John from California

Perhaps Oprah can find out why Sarah Palin can't seem to finish a job that she starts?

Sarah with no skills has been from tiny town mayor to tiny state governor to race bating hate mongering politician – why do we care about her again?

October 20, 2009 03:12 pm at 3:12 pm |
  8. unshrub

Yeah, like Oprah's going to ask the really hard questions. Give me a break CNN.

October 20, 2009 03:12 pm at 3:12 pm |
  9. fred l. fraud

Ouch – 2 hot 2 handle ladies.

October 20, 2009 03:12 pm at 3:12 pm |
  10. RTB

Who cares who air head talks to.
    Oprah sounds like she is upset, perhaps she realizes she is being used as a promotional tool by the ubecha kid from Alaska.

October 20, 2009 03:13 pm at 3:13 pm |
  11. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA

Oh no!!! Please don't give this clown a stage Oprah.

October 20, 2009 03:13 pm at 3:13 pm |
  12. dave

Why do people care that Palin will talk with an entertainer? Of course, Oprah's ratings will be through the roof for this.

I wish political figures would do real interviews and actually debate with opposing points of view.

October 20, 2009 03:14 pm at 3:14 pm |
  13. Mary Kay

But now she's selling something. That's her motivation. Shame on you, Oprah, for providing her this avenue. After she whined for months about the "mainstream media" – she is ready to embrace them in order to put money in her fishing boots. The "mainstream media" should turn down her publicist calls and say they have more important stories to cover.

October 20, 2009 03:14 pm at 3:14 pm |
  14. Diane

WHO CARES. THIS LADY SHOWED THE AMERICAN PEOPLE SHE WON'T FINSH A JOB THAT SHE STARTS. She is just as she has been portrayed – a dimwit – and we should ignore her, ignore her, ignore her. I feel sorry that John McCain will be forever tied to the Palin name. I don't care what she has to say – she isn't worth listening to. Please, all stations, give us a break from her. She will never unite this country. Worse than Hilary and Bill Clinton.

October 20, 2009 03:14 pm at 3:14 pm |
  15. dw

Oprah's upcoming show featuring Sara Palin as a guest seems to be a desperate move on Oprah's part. After reading the article "Palin to appear on Oprah day before tell-all released" I get the impression that she (Oprah) is trying to validate her position in the industry by keeping up with the "Jones" i.e. Van Susteren, Lauer, and King. If Palin refused to appear on Oprah's show in the past, then what has changed her mind? Let me take a guess at this. Everything Oprah has endorsed in the past has made millions for the owner of the product. Hum....who's using who? I admire Oprah for her business savvy but her common sense seems to be lacking.

October 20, 2009 03:15 pm at 3:15 pm |
  16. Art

Funny.... Oprah spoke to Obama before the election, but would not speak to Palin.....

October 20, 2009 03:15 pm at 3:15 pm |
  17. Peachy Keen

I think Oprah is going to need an extra dose of No Doze for that interview.

October 20, 2009 03:15 pm at 3:15 pm |
  18. Minnesotan

I see another great Tina Fey episode coming on SNL in the near future. Every time Palin opens her mouth, she comes up with the absolute BEST comedy lines. Keep the laughs coming, Sarah!

October 20, 2009 03:15 pm at 3:15 pm |
  19. Jeeze

Well, that's a real disappointment. In any case I have never watched Oprah's show, having other things to do, like being a contributing member of society instead of at home glued to "Daytime TV," but any respect I once might have imagined she was due has now evaporated. Oprah, let's hope you have plenty of brainless softball things to toss to Barbie because if you try to get something sensible or worthwhile out of her, it will be a train wreck. On the other hand, it might be (no doubt WILL be) excellent fodder for Saturday Night Live.

October 20, 2009 03:15 pm at 3:15 pm |
  20. rwatson

And she aint gonna talk to you now..... mark my words!!!!

October 20, 2009 03:15 pm at 3:15 pm |
  21. Sharon,Daniel Island

I hope they have a translator. I must admit i find it amusing that she wrote a tell book when no understands a thing she has to say

October 20, 2009 03:16 pm at 3:16 pm |
  22. rachel

I wouldnt talk to Oprah on her show.

October 20, 2009 03:16 pm at 3:16 pm |
  23. Mr Brown

I for one may take a half day to see this train wreck and what she means by 'Our America'

October 20, 2009 03:16 pm at 3:16 pm |
  24. Brian

They should call that show "Gag and Gaggier." Because it makes me want to puke.

October 20, 2009 03:17 pm at 3:17 pm |
  25. Sharon,Daniel Island

I hope they have a translator. I must admit i find it amusing that she wrote a tell all book when no one understands a thing she has to say

October 20, 2009 03:17 pm at 3:17 pm |