October 20th, 2009

Palin to appear on Oprah day before tell-all released

Palin will talk to Oprah Winfrey the day before her memoir hits bookstores.
Palin will talk to Oprah Winfrey the day before her memoir hits bookstores.

WASHINGTON (CNN) – Sarah Palin will sit down with Oprah Winfrey the day before her new memoir hits bookstores, Harpo announced Tuesday.

The former Alaska governor will make the appearance on Oprah on November 16 to talk about her highly anticipated tell-all, "Going Rogue: An American Life."

Palin has never before appeared on the popular daytime talk show. Last December, Winfrey said she had invited her on the show to discuss the election, but suggested at the time that Palin had instead chose other interviewers.

"I said I would be happy to talk to Sarah Palin when the election was over... I went and tried to talk to Sarah Palin and instead she talked to Greta [Van Susteren]. She talked to Matt [Lauer]. She talked to Larry [King]. But she didn't talk to me," Oprah told the show Extra last year.

Filed under: Oprah Winfrey • Popular Posts • Sarah Palin
  1. p loshe

ophra will do anyting for money why not ignore this bimbo and maybe she'll go away

October 20, 2009 03:17 pm at 3:17 pm |
  2. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA

She snubbed you Oprah. Her book is going to be filled with pop up pictures and a coloring section. It definitely won't make it into your book club.

October 20, 2009 03:17 pm at 3:17 pm |
  3. Anon

Who cares what this moron does???? Why do you keep beating this dead and extremely smelly horse???

October 20, 2009 03:17 pm at 3:17 pm |
  4. Liberal4Obama

Looks like It's all about the benjamins when it comes to Palin

October 20, 2009 03:18 pm at 3:18 pm |
  5. @

whatever happened to the evil 'elite media'. i guess when its time to make money, palin is a sellout like anyone else. what a hypocrite! she deserves to be on glenn beck.

October 20, 2009 03:18 pm at 3:18 pm |
  6. timothy

Who cares? and will I purchase her book I don't think so.

October 20, 2009 03:18 pm at 3:18 pm |
  7. Patricio

At least the poster child of the party of no new ideas is finally being honest about something...it's all about the money! That's why she quit her office, that's why she "wrote" an "autobiography", and that's why she's goin' on Oprah. $$$$$!!! I wish all Republicans were as honest as Sarah Palin. Instead they tell us it's about freedom, values, God, etc...rubbish! It's all about the Benjamins, baby.

October 20, 2009 03:19 pm at 3:19 pm |
  8. confused

Why would anyone WANT to talk to Palin? What a joke.

October 20, 2009 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  9. Puff the Magic Dragon

She probably didnt talk to Oprah because Oprah is intelligent, well spoken, and can pick off a phony at 10 paces. She calls a spade a spade. This would intimidate Sarah and expose her for the fraud she is.
    This will be a very interesting interview, just watching Oprah take her down verbally. And the fun thing is, Oprah can do it and nobody will realize whats happening. She is a master of the art. Who better to practice on than Sarah Palin? I'll definitely Tivo this one.

October 20, 2009 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  10. Peace

Soon the real world will be up-side-down. Limbaugh and Sarah are turning to those they thought they will never have to!

October 20, 2009 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  11. john

I cant wait not to read her 5th grade memoir

October 20, 2009 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  12. luva the scissors

ophra didn't want her on her show because she was buddies with obama, she didn't want a strong female candidate on her show to possible sway voters away from him.

October 20, 2009 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  13. JA/TN

Oprah, what wrong ratings slipping, or are you crazy, in don King's words "Only in America" anything sells, who's reading the book, what's left to tell

October 20, 2009 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  14. Jamie from Riverside

Don't anybody hold their breath waiting for this interview. Like most of her prior announced appearances, either she or her assistants wiill profess, just before the date, another scheduling mix-up and then won't show.

October 20, 2009 03:21 pm at 3:21 pm |
  15. gl, From Pittsburgh

CNN HAVE BEEN THE MOUTH PIECE FOR SARA PALIN.
    HOW CARES. I don't watch Oprah anyway and she is going to be easy on Sara Palin becasue of their past run in.

October 20, 2009 03:22 pm at 3:22 pm |
  16. Lori in St Pete

Wait a minute! I thought the uptight right despised Oprah. What the heck is the dim bulb going on HER show for? Maybe she needs to score some points with her "base" by claiming that mean ol' Oprah and the "lefty" media made her look bad again.

October 20, 2009 03:22 pm at 3:22 pm |
  17. hongli

Oprah will expose this idiot and make her a mocking bird.

October 20, 2009 03:22 pm at 3:22 pm |
  18. Jose

Oprah – you couldn't find someone more interesting and intelligent to talk to? Let's see if I can watch the weather channel or something that day.

October 20, 2009 03:22 pm at 3:22 pm |
  19. susanj

I will never watch Oprah again.

October 20, 2009 03:23 pm at 3:23 pm |
  20. Steve

OMG! Well, obviously she is just selling books. So, who tears up first? I bet Palin sheds one. "Oh, poor me, how wrong I was treated. It was so hard on me and my family. I love my little baby... tear, tear..."

Oh, please... just go away.

Actually though, the more popular she is the more RIDICULOUS the GOP looks. So, I take that back. I hope her book is a best seller for many months. What better way to divide the country and make the GOP look even more fanatical than they already are.

But I have to say, I am a bit disappointed in Oprah :(

October 20, 2009 03:23 pm at 3:23 pm |
  21. Brian

Sounds like Opra is a bit jealous that Sarah didn't come on her show earlier.

October 20, 2009 03:23 pm at 3:23 pm |
  22. Anthony

This woman is now old news... please stop ramming her down our throats...
    She had her chance to "tell all" and instead, she chose to hide from the public and blame her short comings on the media.

October 20, 2009 03:23 pm at 3:23 pm |
  23. John

what a waste of a show this will be.

October 20, 2009 03:23 pm at 3:23 pm |
  24. Chas

Guess I'll be watching some other program that day! Reruns everywhere.

October 20, 2009 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |