October 20th, 2009

Palin to appear on Oprah day before tell-all released

Palin will talk to Oprah Winfrey the day before her memoir hits bookstores.
Palin will talk to Oprah Winfrey the day before her memoir hits bookstores.

WASHINGTON (CNN) – Sarah Palin will sit down with Oprah Winfrey the day before her new memoir hits bookstores, Harpo announced Tuesday.

The former Alaska governor will make the appearance on Oprah on November 16 to talk about her highly anticipated tell-all, "Going Rogue: An American Life."

Palin has never before appeared on the popular daytime talk show. Last December, Winfrey said she had invited her on the show to discuss the election, but suggested at the time that Palin had instead chose other interviewers.

"I said I would be happy to talk to Sarah Palin when the election was over... I went and tried to talk to Sarah Palin and instead she talked to Greta [Van Susteren]. She talked to Matt [Lauer]. She talked to Larry [King]. But she didn't talk to me," Oprah told the show Extra last year.

Filed under: Oprah Winfrey • Popular Posts • Sarah Palin
  1. Anonymous

This should be interesting.

October 20, 2009 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |
  2. Libertarian

Perfect venue for a book release. She won't get asked any tough questions with Oprah. Like the REALLY tough question Katie Couric asked "Ms. Palin, could you name any case brought before the Supreme Court other than Roe v. Wade?" Tough question for the person running to UPHOLD THE CONSTITUTION, right? And for the first person who can tell me the Supreme Courts ROLE in the judicial system I'll give you a biscuit. LOL

October 20, 2009 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  3. Larry

Oprah ... you are simply being used by the Palin system to promote her book

I hope your ratings DUMP on that day, but I doubt they will, your devotees are exactly that, and it is a shame you have now allowed yourself and your following to be used by this loser

Palin will use anyone she can for her self promotion

October 20, 2009 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  4. themoi

Wonderful. Filling an hour of airtime with hot air to promote a book that is full of hot air. If we don't have global warming now we surely will after that. Who wants to hear her empty chatter?

October 20, 2009 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  5. General Tendency

I believe Oprah will be courteous and non-combative, and Sarah will get a chance to broaden her appeal. I think Oprah's ratings will soar, and a good percentage of her audience will give Sarah more respect in the future. A win-win situation for all concerned!

October 20, 2009 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  6. Khristina

Fantastic! I can't WAIT to watch this train wreck. I smell another Tina Fey guest spot on SNL.

October 20, 2009 03:26 pm at 3:26 pm |
  7. Rick in AZ

I hope Sarah has read "her" book so she can talk about it to Oprah

October 20, 2009 03:26 pm at 3:26 pm |
  8. keithc

Sarah again will look bad and blame the poor interview on the tough nail-biting questions from Oprah.

October 20, 2009 03:26 pm at 3:26 pm |
  9. sherry

That's one Oprah show I wont be watching.
    Sarah Palin is all about making the big buck and she will step on anyone that gets in her way.

October 20, 2009 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  10. Katherine

Oh boo who!!!!!!!!
    Who cares about Oprah.

October 20, 2009 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  11. JOHNSON oklahoma

not much of an oprah fan but sure wouldn't look at it on this day just let this lady go away

October 20, 2009 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  12. calvin

well all you sara haters can look forward to nov. 16,,2009 . say how stupid she is call her all the bad names you can think of .She will enjoy the help to sell her book. Let hope MSNBC NBC CBS ABC will help with the name calling. Fox will back sara if the white house has not bar them from being a new station. also the supreme court may rule on the right of the poor people in cuba so you all can bash bush some more. the thing that happen on 9/11/01 will be put on the back burner and we may pay the intern people some money for holding them with our cause.

October 20, 2009 03:28 pm at 3:28 pm |
  13. toni

Note to myself cleaned the closet, wash my hair, do laundry oh yeah
    I'll be watching jerry springer show.

October 20, 2009 03:28 pm at 3:28 pm |
  14. Shirley In California

Oprah, this is a BIG mistake. This woman is totally ignorant, totally racist and she is one of the biggest welfare queens out there. My only hope is you don't promote this book. If you do, I will never respect you again.

Sincerely,

A Fan

October 20, 2009 03:28 pm at 3:28 pm |
  15. Perecorp

No one cares what this secessionist traitor thinks. Go tell it in China.

October 20, 2009 03:28 pm at 3:28 pm |
  16. VAisforLovers

Wasn’t she revered for turning a cold shoulder to Oprah?...

October 20, 2009 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  17. Tania

If Oprah picks this book for her Book Club, I'll puke. I'm surprised Oprah is lowering herself to Palin's level. Disappointing. I guess ratings matter. But will people be tuning in to listen or for comedy relief?

October 20, 2009 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  18. ziti

Should be a short show.............

October 20, 2009 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  19. marion/alabama

No comment.

October 20, 2009 03:30 pm at 3:30 pm |
  20. J

God I hope that she exposes her as the complete MORON that she is.

October 20, 2009 03:30 pm at 3:30 pm |
  21. Tanbiker2

Ugh, Palin on Oprah. Oprah's really going downhill fast.

October 20, 2009 03:30 pm at 3:30 pm |
  22. Rob

Big deal.

October 20, 2009 03:31 pm at 3:31 pm |
  23. La Chatte

I wonder if Orpah will pander as usual. Maybe she'll get a Miss Wasila '82 wig like she did when Tina Turner was on her show or drool on her like she does on the Obamas, or maybe she'll explain how she has to stick her nose into things she knows little about and doesn't take the time to fact -check like she does with books and child molesters in her school. Perhaps she can get The Rogue Wonder to go on the road with her to try to convince the world that Chicago would be a groovy place to hold the Olympics.

Or maybe she could just shut up! That would be significant change!

October 20, 2009 03:31 pm at 3:31 pm |
  24. shucks

She has a book to sell. I'm sure she will be on any show that will have her. Drill baby drill, sell baby sell. make me some money baby money.

October 20, 2009 03:32 pm at 3:32 pm |