October 20th, 2009

Palin to appear on Oprah day before tell-all released

Palin will talk to Oprah Winfrey the day before her memoir hits bookstores.
Palin will talk to Oprah Winfrey the day before her memoir hits bookstores.

WASHINGTON (CNN) – Sarah Palin will sit down with Oprah Winfrey the day before her new memoir hits bookstores, Harpo announced Tuesday.

The former Alaska governor will make the appearance on Oprah on November 16 to talk about her highly anticipated tell-all, "Going Rogue: An American Life."

Palin has never before appeared on the popular daytime talk show. Last December, Winfrey said she had invited her on the show to discuss the election, but suggested at the time that Palin had instead chose other interviewers.

"I said I would be happy to talk to Sarah Palin when the election was over... I went and tried to talk to Sarah Palin and instead she talked to Greta [Van Susteren]. She talked to Matt [Lauer]. She talked to Larry [King]. But she didn't talk to me," Oprah told the show Extra last year.

Filed under: Oprah Winfrey • Popular Posts • Sarah Palin
  1. jay in denver

"...suggested at the time that Palin had instead chose other interviewers."

Um...participle, anyone?

October 20, 2009 03:40 pm at 3:40 pm |
  2. Rocky

I just have one question WHY SHOULD WE CARE?

October 20, 2009 03:40 pm at 3:40 pm |
  3. RAC - Illinois

That is an interview that I would dearly love to watch. However the dilemma would be, if I watch it, it would boost the ratings, and then perhaps that would be a false signal.... I am not much on sensationalism in the media, but I think I am ready for another dose of humble pie for Palin.... Wait, I don't think she ever really got it..... It was always someone else's fault that she looked bad....

October 20, 2009 03:40 pm at 3:40 pm |
  4. munchmom

Well, now Oprah knows how Fox news must have felt when Obama slighted them.......she can quit crying now.

October 20, 2009 03:40 pm at 3:40 pm |
  5. Elisabeth Varner

Never has so much attention gone to a self-promoting airhead. It's a sad commentary that she gets so much attention. Pathetic.

October 20, 2009 03:41 pm at 3:41 pm |
  6. tiff of Lithia Springs

so what!

October 20, 2009 03:41 pm at 3:41 pm |
  7. Brad

Oprah is going to mop the floor with this dufus!

October 20, 2009 03:41 pm at 3:41 pm |
  8. Proud American

Wow, I would have expected Seseme Street.

October 20, 2009 03:41 pm at 3:41 pm |
  9. Mike Mundy, Houston, TX

I'm certain all of the Palin haters will be tunning in.

October 20, 2009 03:42 pm at 3:42 pm |
  10. smokey

That is one show I will definitly miss..What could she possibly have to discuss, and to top it all off, on an African American hosted talk show..Talk about being a big hypocrite !!!!

October 20, 2009 03:42 pm at 3:42 pm |
  11. Bill

Obama is reading Books.
    While Cheney, Bush and Palin are writing Books.

Actually Cheney, Bush and Palin are the ones who never read Books, and now trying to write Books. What a Joke.

Cheney, Bush and Palin are biggest Jokes in America.

October 20, 2009 03:42 pm at 3:42 pm |
  12. Brenda

Whatever – 'big interview'? it's called publicity. Oprah is hardly going to be a 'hard' interview for her.

I admit – I am guilty for following your posts about her – but then again, during Britney's trainwreck – I was always at TMZ.

October 20, 2009 03:42 pm at 3:42 pm |
  13. Felonious Monk

She does not know what it is to be American. She does not have a clue about America.

October 20, 2009 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  14. Darlene

Well I won't be watching Oprah on that day. If I wanted to watch cartoons I would switch to the Cartoon Channel. More "You betcha" wink wink!

October 20, 2009 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |
  15. Louis

Palin–an obscure and not very bright politician only made famous because an over-the-hill candidate desperately tried to revive his failing presidential bid. Her book should be titled "Going Rogue: How I Quit the Governorship to Make Money From a Ghost-Written book called Going Rogue."

October 20, 2009 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |
  16. Alaskim

Sarah, the quitter. Oprah will hopefully not pander to our "hot" past Governor; making sure that her interview is meaningful and intense.

October 20, 2009 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |
  17. Linda

I'd rather watch Hanna Montana!!!!

October 20, 2009 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |
  18. Carlos L. Harrisburg PA

Only one reason she will be in the Oprah show. To sell her book.

October 20, 2009 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |
  19. Amy

Perhaps that's because Oprah has been blinded by the communist light. Of course Palin would not grant her an interview. She CAMPAIGNED against her. Literally.

October 20, 2009 03:45 pm at 3:45 pm |
  20. RJN

I would not give Oprah the time of day.
    When the campaign was on she only wanted Obama and said she was not going to make a political statement on her show.
    So why does she want to now????

October 20, 2009 03:45 pm at 3:45 pm |
  21. Doug, New Jersey

Wow, to go on a show where the host has a disgusting hatrid of you for your core beliefs and values, on top of that for exposing truths about her socialist friend, Mrs. Palin has guts.

Many women watch Oprah and with Palin on the show, it is time to disguss the real sexism in America, that which is inflicted upon conservative females by all Democrats, their bllod thirsty dishonest lib media and indoctrination institutions once known as our school system. To see groups like NOW, who claim to stand for womens rights, go out of their way to join in on the hate against Sarah Palin for being a women of integrity, decency and family values, aka a conservative, brings light the true intentions of all these groups who say they are for advancing the lives of women, gays, and minorities, when what they really stand for is destroying America, making the people slaves to a dictator, and taking away our rights, freedoms and wealth.

October 20, 2009 03:45 pm at 3:45 pm |
  22. Levi the Lech

See and hear "Caribou Barbie". See "Caribou Barbie" rake in the dought. See the stupid American public spend money on a book she couldn't write. Wow, happy aren't we?

October 20, 2009 03:45 pm at 3:45 pm |
  23. Jim Q.

Is it really a "tell-all"?

October 20, 2009 03:46 pm at 3:46 pm |
  24. Mike from Florida

Good for you Citizen Palin. You are free to say and do as you like. I actually like her thoughts and opinions. It does appear she has hidden agenda's like most other Politicians. She didn't go to school to be a politician like most the ego maniacs sitting in the Whitehouse and in the Capitol Building. Professional politicians.

October 20, 2009 03:46 pm at 3:46 pm |
  25. how nice

I'm guessing Oprah will have some nice pillow clad questions to toss her way. Nothing hard hitting like: "What do you read?"

That would be totally unfair to ask.

"What Supreme Court decisions do you disagree with?" Oh man, who would dare to say such a thing to Mrs. Palin.

Here's one that I'd like to ask: "How do you rationalize quitting your job when the military can't quit their job?" SP cites the military in the most obscure ways so I think she should have to answer to the comparison herself.

October 20, 2009 03:47 pm at 3:47 pm |