October 21st, 2009

George W. Bush wants to help people 'Get Motivated!'

George W. Bush wants to help people 'Get Motivated!'.
George W. Bush wants to help people 'Get Motivated!'.

WASHINGTON (CNN) – Former President George W. Bush has a new speaking gig.

Bush will be featured as the "special guest speaker" at an October 26 "Get Motivated!" business seminar in Fort Worth, Texas, according to an announcement on the organization's Web site.

Tamara Lowe, the Co-Founder and Executive Vice President of Get Motivated Seminars, Inc., said in a phone interview that the former president will appear live and in person at the upcoming event. Lowe estimated that Bush will speak for roughly 20 minutes. Lowe also said that the company has all the necessary safety precautions in place to host a former president.

Bush's former Secretary of State Colin Powell and former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani are set to join Bush at the October 26 event.

The former president is also scheduled to participate in another "Get Motivated!" seminar in San Antonio, Texas on December 2, according to the company's Web site.

"For a limited time only," the Web site says, tickets are available to the October and December events for $4.95 per person or $19 for a group.

CNN is awaiting confirmation from a representative of the former president about the scheduled appearances at the seminars.

Filed under: Extra • George W. Bush
  1. Alicia

He spent 977 days on vacation at either Camp David or equally at his ranch in Crawford, Tx while we were fighting two wars. Apparently he had a difficult time motivating himself. I would call it just plain lazy.

October 21, 2009 07:35 pm at 7:35 pm |
  2. Dawn Ada, Ohio

The only thing that I would be motivated to do if George Bush were to come to my business is CALL IN SICK!!!

October 21, 2009 07:36 pm at 7:36 pm |
  3. Tom

My bet is this is the next of many "quid pro quo" deals for Bush. My feeling is Get Motivated Seminars is a front for a conservative lobby group and is paying him $10,000/minute or more to flap his gums sans substance or in other words deliver a speech that took 15 minutes to write and says nothing. It would be free money and an all expense 5 star trip for him and his wife for something he signed that cost the tax payers a few hundred million passed on to the private sector. Prove I'm wrong, have Get Motivated Seminars open their books and show owners, investors and "friends & contributors" so we can see if I'm reaching or on target.

October 21, 2009 07:38 pm at 7:38 pm |
  4. GetOverIt

I think I'd be "motivated" too if I was getting the kind of honorarium I'm sure he's getting. Sort of a strange role model for success, though, huh? "Do as I say, not as I did".....?

October 21, 2009 07:38 pm at 7:38 pm |
  5. Keeth in California

Wasn't that also his job as president? FAIL!

October 21, 2009 07:39 pm at 7:39 pm |
  6. Socrates

I have been taught to respect others.. doesn't matter who could they be.. But.. when I see this person.. all I do is to think about the 4,300 young soldiers, and 30,00 wounded physically and emotionally because of a war based on lies and deception.. I remember him flying to see the Olympic games in China and not inviting one wounded soldier.. This fellow brought this country to its worse economic situation.. but I don't blame them.. I blame those ones that elected him.. Bush is one of the most mediocre Presidents this country had.. and now he is going to try to motivate others.. motivate to lie and deceive?

October 21, 2009 07:40 pm at 7:40 pm |
  7. James

Let the liberal Bush bashing begin. Get over it, Obama is President now and screwing things up far worse than Bush ever did.

October 21, 2009 07:40 pm at 7:40 pm |
  8. StevieB

Ouch! That's only a step or two away from appearing at the boat down down at the civic center.

WIll he be opening supermarkets next year?

October 21, 2009 07:41 pm at 7:41 pm |
  9. Get Real

I wish him all the luck on motivating people. I doubt they will listen or take him serious.

October 21, 2009 07:41 pm at 7:41 pm |
  10. Charlie Martin

Who would want to see that idiot speak..

October 21, 2009 07:41 pm at 7:41 pm |
  11. Jane

Way to go President Bush. We MISS YOU EVERY DAY. TEHRE IS NOT A DAY THAT SOMEONE SAYS "hOW WE NEED YOU BACK". You never cared about star power, you just wanted to keep us safe and you did and we LOVE YOU. It wil be so nice to see you out again,. Yes, take all the speaking engagements you are offered and we know they are many – Obama did'nt care what he said about you and why should you care? But you do because you have character and the desire to do what is right. We know you will be nice to Colin Powell, but we don't know how you can after all he has said about you.

October 21, 2009 07:42 pm at 7:42 pm |
  12. They call me "tater salad"

I wonder if this whole shin-dig is aimed at "motivating" the remaining 20% of the mindless, sheep the Republicans have left in their flock? Sure seems that way.

October 21, 2009 07:42 pm at 7:42 pm |
  13. I'm a Liberal-You got a problem with that?

Get Motivated? Get motivated to what? Start wars and clear brush?

October 21, 2009 07:43 pm at 7:43 pm |
  14. Shirley In California

No comment.

October 21, 2009 07:43 pm at 7:43 pm |
  15. Lisa

I'm sure the Republicans are going to come out in full force with their shotguns and mission accomplished signs!

October 21, 2009 07:47 pm at 7:47 pm |
  16. No Thanks, Dubya

Ahhh, that's okay. We're pretty motivated after:

1. 911
    2. Katrina
    3. Two Wars
    4. Status Quo Healthcare
    5. Torture
    6. Bank Failure
    7. Bank Bailout

We have enough motivation to last us 50 years, thank you very much.

October 21, 2009 07:47 pm at 7:47 pm |
  17. Louis

THE THREE STOOGES: BUSH–led us into an unnecessary war that killed 4,000 brave Americans, killed 100,000 innocent Iraqis, created 2 million refugees, and cost hard-working taxpayers a trillion dollars.
    POWEL–acted as lackey for the Bush administrations by speaking at the U.N. about the fictional WMD's. GUILIANI–billed New York taxpayers a half-million dollars for the cost of visits to his mistress, while his wife and kids were back home at the governor's house. And we should admire these men because...?

October 21, 2009 07:49 pm at 7:49 pm |
  18. Scott

Now this is a joke!! Go into hiding Bush. No one wants to hear you anymore. You and your administration have caused enough trouble for the true American people.

October 21, 2009 07:50 pm at 7:50 pm |
  19. Bring Back Bush !!

I wish President Bush could come back for another 4 years. Obozo was a big mistake.

October 21, 2009 07:50 pm at 7:50 pm |
  20. Gary

He's got them motivated allright. 80 % of the country ismotivated against the Republican party.
    For the last 9 months you have acted very respectable. don't change that now.

October 21, 2009 07:50 pm at 7:50 pm |
  21. Obama IS ACORN

I miss Bush.

October 21, 2009 08:08 pm at 8:08 pm |
  22. David

If this picture is after being pres he sure does look a lot healthier. Must be true the job really is stress full.

October 21, 2009 08:09 pm at 8:09 pm |
  23. Michael

Bush is hosting a business seminar????
    Every business he's ever run including America, Inc., he ran into debt and into the ground.
    It's funny that tickets are less than $5 per person. I guess that says exactly what people feel he is worth when he is speaking about something. Not, exactly the usual post presidency speaking price of 100k is it? Haaaahaaaa! Funny!

October 21, 2009 08:11 pm at 8:11 pm |
  24. Tony from NY

So let me understand.....you steal an election, start a war with the wrong country after terrorists attack us on your watch (but claim you made us safe), make torture acceptable to the new illegal standards you set, turn the constituion upside down, dumb down our educational system, deny global warming exists, encourage a new brand of extremism in your party, fear monger around the world, try to re brand your image and now try to "motivate"....and at the discount price of $4.95! The only thing that surprises me is that General Powell–who is an amazing leader–is joining the likes of you and your bully buddy. Wonders never cease.

October 21, 2009 08:12 pm at 8:12 pm |
  25. Hannah

I think we are all motivated but we have no jobs thanks to bush and no money either. All the money in this country is going to the very top and the government doesn't want to tax those people, so we now have no government services either. They are closing rest stops along our highways in Arizona, just one example. If you are traveling along these roads you just pee on the side of the road; it's good enough for the poor folk.

October 21, 2009 08:12 pm at 8:12 pm |