October 21st, 2009

George W. Bush wants to help people 'Get Motivated!'

George W. Bush wants to help people 'Get Motivated!'.
George W. Bush wants to help people 'Get Motivated!'.

WASHINGTON (CNN) – Former President George W. Bush has a new speaking gig.

Bush will be featured as the "special guest speaker" at an October 26 "Get Motivated!" business seminar in Fort Worth, Texas, according to an announcement on the organization's Web site.

Tamara Lowe, the Co-Founder and Executive Vice President of Get Motivated Seminars, Inc., said in a phone interview that the former president will appear live and in person at the upcoming event. Lowe estimated that Bush will speak for roughly 20 minutes. Lowe also said that the company has all the necessary safety precautions in place to host a former president.

Bush's former Secretary of State Colin Powell and former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani are set to join Bush at the October 26 event.

The former president is also scheduled to participate in another "Get Motivated!" seminar in San Antonio, Texas on December 2, according to the company's Web site.

"For a limited time only," the Web site says, tickets are available to the October and December events for $4.95 per person or $19 for a group.

CNN is awaiting confirmation from a representative of the former president about the scheduled appearances at the seminars.

Filed under: Extra • George W. Bush
  1. Joe

This has to be a joke. A public speaker?

October 21, 2009 08:44 pm at 8:44 pm |
  2. Jake

Get motivated....and how to bring down the United States of America in less than 10 years!

October 21, 2009 08:47 pm at 8:47 pm |
  3. Aaron southern IL

Oh, geez! BUSH?? a MOTIVATOR? What's HE going to motivate people to do? Screw up everything they possibly can? What about the people who'll actually PAY to go see the guy? AMERICA, you have a new mental illness: short-term memory loss!

October 21, 2009 08:48 pm at 8:48 pm |
  4. AJ

This man couldn't motivate anyone when He was a presidnat how in the world would He be able to motivate anyone. I wouldn' go to his speech even if He paid me to do so.

October 21, 2009 10:24 pm at 10:24 pm |
  5. www.twitter.com/whybs

You can always learn something from anyone (including dumb people) & most of us have wasted more money than that with a bad movie! :)

October 21, 2009 10:25 pm at 10:25 pm |
  6. balthus

$4.95? That's less than a turkey dinner! On the other hand, you do get to see a huge turkey.

October 21, 2009 10:25 pm at 10:25 pm |
  7. S.B. Stein E.B. NJ

Given his past track record as a businessman, would you really want to pay money to hear him speak? Given his economic track record as president, would you believe that he is credible? I don't think so.

October 21, 2009 10:27 pm at 10:27 pm |
  8. ken sanders

I think that cheapens him. Why can't he just go back and play ' Cowboys ' again ? His day is gone.

October 21, 2009 10:31 pm at 10:31 pm |
  9. Tom in Avon Park, FL

Biggest waste of 4.95$ in the history of the universe.

October 21, 2009 10:35 pm at 10:35 pm |
  10. Gabriel Matulich

I wish he would go to Spain so they could arrest him. He is a thief and war criminal and should be treated as such. Let's trade him for Bin Laden, they have equal worth. When is he coming to the west so we can throw tomatoes?

October 21, 2009 10:36 pm at 10:36 pm |
  11. True Reformer

Still -– The dumbest man alive!

October 21, 2009 10:41 pm at 10:41 pm |
  12. Moe, NY

LOL....most of America already knows he was nothing but a cheerleader....no substance at all! Too funny! Very appropriate job for a former cheerleader.

October 21, 2009 10:41 pm at 10:41 pm |
  13. james

I wonder what that company, "get motivated" thing
    is about. Is it like Amway, or religious, or something
    else?

October 21, 2009 10:44 pm at 10:44 pm |
  14. Anonymous

Enough time has already past to know that Bush is far better than Obama

October 21, 2009 10:49 pm at 10:49 pm |
  15. Leah

If I had the time, I would attend in a heartbeat. I believe he is the most underrated president the US has had. Will watch for more available schedules in the future.

October 21, 2009 10:52 pm at 10:52 pm |
  16. tjaman

I'm not especially motivated to pay anything at all to hear what this man has to say.

October 21, 2009 10:53 pm at 10:53 pm |
  17. GI Joe

He motivated me 8 years ago to switch from R to D.

Now THAT's motivation that lasts a lifetime.

Mission accomplished !

October 21, 2009 10:55 pm at 10:55 pm |
  18. OaklandTracy

Well – he sure motivated America: right into financial ruin.

October 21, 2009 10:58 pm at 10:58 pm |
  19. eydie

I am thrilled to hear that our best President since Ronald Reagan is going to be speaking. I would pay much more to hear him speak. I admire this man greatly and will always b e grateful for his service to this country.

October 21, 2009 11:00 pm at 11:00 pm |
  20. Robert

this funny , from a guy that allowed touture is going to motivate people
    no thanks bush ! I don't want to get motvated by a touture loving person

October 21, 2009 11:02 pm at 11:02 pm |
  21. Jason

I wont pay a penny to see Bush who made US disaster.
    He is just pathetic a former president started meaning less war and killing innocent peoples.
    Bull!

October 21, 2009 11:03 pm at 11:03 pm |
  22. Susan

Wow, $5 to hear the ex-President speak on motivation. Wonder how many tickets they can sell? You couldn't pay me to sit there...I'd be way too tempted to shout "Liar" at him a few hundred times. But then, I'm sure all ticket buyers will be vetted and no liberals allowed, just like at his Presidential rallies.

October 21, 2009 11:05 pm at 11:05 pm |
  23. Lee

This is the funniest thing I've read in a long time. I had to double check to make sure I wasn't reading The Onion....

October 21, 2009 11:05 pm at 11:05 pm |
  24. New Yorker

I'd love to go just to get a chance to personally thank him for the excellent job he did while president. Too bad he isn't still president; he would clean up in Afghanistan.

BTW, he looks fantastic!

October 21, 2009 11:08 pm at 11:08 pm |
  25. Marty

At a rate of US$ 4.99 to hear from G.W.Bush how to run a company into the ground and ruin a whole conrtry – that is a bargain ! Let's go !!!!!

October 21, 2009 11:09 pm at 11:09 pm |