October 24th, 2009

First Lady reveals President Obama's 'annoying' habits

First Lady Michelle Obama revealed President Obama's 'annoying' habits Friday night.

NEW YORK (CNN)– First Lady Michelle Obama made an appearance Friday night on Jay Leno's "Ten at Ten" segment and revealed President Obama's most annoying habits.

"He has no annoying habits, right Jay, none. He's perfect," Mrs. Obama said with a laugh. "But you know what, when he beats me in tennis that gets to be pretty annoying, and he beats me quite often."

The segment consists of Leno asking 10 random, often humorous questions to a special guest. Leno also asked the First Lady about Malia and Sasha's Halloween costumes, and tested her to see if she could name all the Brady Bunch children in under 10 seconds– which she did with two seconds to spare.

The late night TV host also asked Mrs. Obama whether the president would prefer world peace or a world series win for the Chicago White Sox.

"That's a tough one," she joked. "If you asked him he'd probably prefer world peace, but wouldn't mind a World Series bit too. But, I think he'd choose world peace."

Filed under: Michelle Obama • President Obama
  1. sylvanious

LOVE THE FIRST LADY

October 24, 2009 12:43 pm at 12:43 pm |
  2. Nick

Boston Red Sox? Doesn't he/she mean Chicago White Sox?

October 24, 2009 12:48 pm at 12:48 pm |
  3. Big John

It was no surprise to me that she was able to score well in Jays quiz, as she and president Obama are both very intelligent people. Of course president would prefer world peace...that was a no brainer, game or world peace?!

October 24, 2009 12:51 pm at 12:51 pm |
  4. jane

It's delightful that Ms. Obama has such a sense of humor.
    For those of us in the struggling middle class, it would be good to be able to laugh once in a while. Unfortunately, our lives are quite different anymore.

October 24, 2009 12:51 pm at 12:51 pm |
  5. Nile

It is nice to read something -- NOT SO SERIOUS . . . . for a change . .

October 24, 2009 12:52 pm at 12:52 pm |
  6. capnmike

Oh gee whiz,...the president has some annoying habits. So did Bush, like waging unjustifiable wars, arranging enormous no-bid contracts for his pals, and lying about everything. I think I prefer what we have.

October 24, 2009 12:53 pm at 12:53 pm |
  7. Barb

And I wonder how Jay's wife would respond to the same questions......

October 24, 2009 12:57 pm at 12:57 pm |
  8. val

our first family is awesome. i love them and support them 100%. : )

October 24, 2009 01:00 pm at 1:00 pm |
  9. Babs

I love these kind of articles. Something refreshing for a change. I get tired of the party bashing articles. You know, Dems beating up on the poor Repugs and Repugs beating up on the Dems. Oops, I almost gave into it.

October 24, 2009 01:27 pm at 1:27 pm |
  10. nmt

i just Michelle Obama ...from Canada – ottawa with love:)

October 24, 2009 01:34 pm at 1:34 pm |
  11. Justified

You know, I actually like the Obamas.

October 24, 2009 01:42 pm at 1:42 pm |
  12. Joe, San Diego

Bravo!
    Mrs. Obama is performing her First Lady duties splendidly... by making the late night talk show rounds, speeches on education, choosing to help develop healthy kids, so inspiring and looking very glamourous... plus she is 45 years of age- more power to you sister!

October 24, 2009 01:48 pm at 1:48 pm |
  13. A.B.

I liked the First Lady's cute presentation on the Jay Leno show. In addition to President Obama's annoying habit of beating Michelle at tennis, his smoking is another. But he is working on eliminating that bad habit for his health and that of his family. Michelle can over come the original bad habit of getting beat at tennis by practicing her tennis skills and taking on the President. Eventually, she will beat him at that game.

October 24, 2009 01:55 pm at 1:55 pm |
  14. Neither Rep Nor Dem

Obama has one glaring annoying habit: He talks too much and does too little.

October 24, 2009 02:04 pm at 2:04 pm |
  15. aNN

Please clarify for me, are they the President of the United States and the First Lady...or are they celebrities?? Why are they appearing on talk shows? They're turning the most powerful job in the world into a gig that they have to hawk on a talk show. Please stop making appearances, in my opinion it undermines the office.

October 24, 2009 02:05 pm at 2:05 pm |
  16. Lil Jimmy

I guess smoking is ok now? She doesn't mention he smokes. Even his wife likes to make the guy a saint that can do no wrong. Can we please have some honesty ? Please

October 24, 2009 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  17. NJ Pilot

She is such a completely cool, down-to-Earth person. Never "puts on airs".
    I saw her jumping "double-dutch" the other day with a bunch of school kids. At the same time, she's a scholarly, high-achiever with a law degree from one of the best schools in the world. And obviously, a caring Mom.
    I like Barack Obama and I voted for him, but in this case, I think he "married up."

October 24, 2009 02:16 pm at 2:16 pm |
  18. joann

YOU GO GIRL!!! YOU ARE MY MENTOR!!!

October 24, 2009 02:20 pm at 2:20 pm |
  19. Ruty

Classy lady. I wish she could give lessons to Limbaugh and Beck on how to behave when on camera.

October 24, 2009 02:45 pm at 2:45 pm |
  20. Independent Senior in Bandon, Oregon

I watched it!

Thanks for plugging Jay Leno's new 10 pm show!

Love Michelle!

October 24, 2009 02:45 pm at 2:45 pm |
  21. Tommygunn

This is a good AMERICAN LOVE STORY.

We should all believe in our mates and be able to joke about the little things that annoy us.

To take that to another level, we all must do a better job at respecting each other outside our partner relationship and refrain from using NEGATIVE images, skepticism and misleading suggestions would go along with way with AMERICAN civility.

hmmmm.....

October 24, 2009 02:48 pm at 2:48 pm |
  22. danw

The First Lady is quite the charmer.

October 24, 2009 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  23. dr.mimi de la cruz

Our beloved president made no mistake by marrying
    our beloved first lady. The two run on love & thinking.
    MANY, MANY KUDOS to the greatest nation on earth for electing him.

October 24, 2009 03:22 pm at 3:22 pm |