October 29th, 2009

Christie to Corzine: Call me fat!

Chris Christie wants Jon Corzine to 'man up.'
Chris Christie wants Jon Corzine to 'man up.'

(CNN) - Chris Christie wants Jon Corzine to "man up" and come right out and say the New Jersey Republican gubernatorial candidate is fat.

Speaking on Don Imus' morning show Thursday, Christie called alleged efforts by the Corzine campaign to subtly invoke his weight "silly."

"If you're going to do it, at least man up and say I'm fat," Christie said on the show. "Afterwards [Gov. Corzine] wusses out and says, 'Oh no, no, I didn't mean that, I don't know what you're talking about.' Man up - if you say I'm fat let's go, let's talk about it."

In a Corzine ad released last month, a rotund Christie is shown emerging from a car in slow motion shortly after the narrator declares the former federal prosecutor "threw his weight around" to get government favors.

Corzine has insisted the ad is not meant to be a reference to Christie's weight but rather what the New Jersey Democrat describes as the "special treatment" he procured from his position.

But in an interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer Monday, Corzine said that in retrospect, the ad should have used different wording than "threw his weigh around."

Filed under: Chris Christie • Jon Corzine • Popular Posts
  1. Clint, Lynnwood, Wa.

Yo, FATSO, what's you point?

October 29, 2009 12:46 pm at 12:46 pm |
  2. Sniffit

"So what, he is fat, on to more substantive issues! "

Well, on those he is a bit thin.

October 29, 2009 12:46 pm at 12:46 pm |
  3. Ted Tartaglia

If Christie wants someone to call him fat, I will.

Christie, your're fat! Are you happy now?

October 29, 2009 12:47 pm at 12:47 pm |
  4. kaleto

Just goes to show how desperate Corzine is.

October 29, 2009 12:48 pm at 12:48 pm |
  5. suck-it up

Oh come on, he is useing this as a crutch, get over it for goodness sakes if you are fat you're fat stop whinning let a winnie the pooh, big baby,
    enough is enough. I'm fat, and i'm a woman but i don't whine like christie.

October 29, 2009 12:48 pm at 12:48 pm |
  6. Debbie from CA

Having visited New Jersey lately I saw all the ads on TV.

The truth is my impression was Chris Christie is fat! My impression was that if he is always eating and can't find time to exercise then he thinks of his own desires first. I wondered where that would leave the needs of the people of New Jersey.

I also noticed that the people of New Jersey had the same issues of the people of California...stop taxing the middle class. So a heads up to the people of New Jersey...a politician will promise you anything to get elected. Once elected the bottom line is a state needs taxes to run. You can cut everything but that kills jobs. So don't think either one of your Candidates will really cut your taxes. The better question to ask is: since I am going to pay these taxes which candidate will get the state the most bang for its buck.

October 29, 2009 12:48 pm at 12:48 pm |
  7. Fitz in Texas

That's the only thing these folks from the left do good......insulting others when you don't agree with them.

October 29, 2009 12:50 pm at 12:50 pm |
  8. SayWhat?

How about this: I'll do it for him..."Christie, you are fat". You are not a big man....you are a fat man. A big man would never stoop so low as to make this an issue.

October 29, 2009 12:53 pm at 12:53 pm |