October 29th, 2009

DNC asks supporters to take on Palin's 'lies'

The Democratic National Committee is taking fresh aim at Sarah Palin.
The Democratic National Committee is taking fresh aim at Sarah Palin.

(CNN) - The Democratic National Committee is taking fresh aim at Sarah Palin, encouraging supporters to attack the former Alaska governor on Facebook in order to "debunk her lies."

In an e-mail to supporters, and on a new Web site, the DNC asks supporters to call out Palin when she uses Facebook to transmit what the committee says are falsehoods.

"The more we push back with the truth, the more Sarah Palin and others like her will have to think twice before they promote lies, and the less they'll be able to derail progress," DNC executive director Jen O'Malley Dillon wrote in the e-email.

Palin is the latest high-profile Republican to be targeted by the DNC in a campaign they've labeled "call 'em out." Other Republicans in the DNC's cross-hairs have included House Minority Leader John Boehner, Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele, and Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann.

Filed under: DNC • Facebook • Popular Posts • Sarah Palin • Social Networking
  1. Tony

But who will debunk the lies of the DNC?

October 29, 2009 11:12 am at 11:12 am |
  2. Rob

Yes, because if there is any one group that really knows how to lie, it's the DNC. The DNC and the truth, now there's two terms you don't hear together.

October 29, 2009 11:12 am at 11:12 am |
  3. Krejaton

Brilliant strategy!

As the nation sinks deeper into the economic morass....as Obama's $287,000,000,000 stimulous to create 3.8 million jobs seems to have done NOTHING...housing sales are plummeting....joblessness hits 10%...the outlook is poor...consumer confidense going into the holiday season is crumbling....and the Dems want to bring out the hatchet ON SOMEONE NOT EVEN IN OFFICE.

Do not be surprised when the 2010 election hits the Dems like a ton of bricks for the inept leadership they have shown. This "blame the Repubs" has worn thin nearly a year in...it was time to lead and once again the Dems have majored on the minors and failed this country.

October 29, 2009 11:13 am at 11:13 am |
  4. John in Brooklyn, NY

All right DNC!

We're FIRED UP, READY TO GO!

Call her out!

October 29, 2009 11:13 am at 11:13 am |
  5. James-STL

This only goes to show the left's fear of Sarah Palin. I guess with their ship sinking now that Obama is the captain they need to do anything can to stop the Titanic.

October 29, 2009 11:14 am at 11:14 am |
  6. Dominican mama 4 Obama

-------------------------------

I don't want to get prematurely happy, but it really looks like the Democrats have grown a pair of "Greysons"!! It is high time that professional prevaricators like Palin, Beck, Bachman et al get as good as they routinely like to give. We've tried (Democrats) to be inclusive, we've exhausted all types of logic and explanations and to no avail. The higher the road that we've taken, the lower the lifeforms adopted by the GOP. It is time to introduce the GOP's fringe elements to facts and reality.

October 29, 2009 11:16 am at 11:16 am |
  7. TLD

The Republican Party is a disgrace and an abomination. There is something putrid about these guys and gals. The Republican Parties of past decades did not make me want to shower after I hear or see them speak on issues. I think it may have started with the Newt Gingrich Crew a few years back.

October 29, 2009 11:16 am at 11:16 am |
  8. Raul

I guess it would be asking to much for CNN to report on any GOP lies. CNN we're not liberal we're not conservative. We just don't want to get involved. We are the gutless new network.

October 29, 2009 11:16 am at 11:16 am |
  9. Jen

Johnston doing whatever for publicity.. I dont agree with..

But to come from a Hypocrite is another thing.

You cannot place judgements on people if your Guilty of the Exact
    same thing!!

October 29, 2009 11:17 am at 11:17 am |
  10. ThinkAgain

It all started when Michael Dukakis let "liberal" become a dirty word: he should have gotten out the dictionary and reminded people that it comes from the Latin root for "freedom" – a concept the GOP likes to throw around to get their "base" to the polls so they can then strip us of it.

Palin and her twittering mind are just the latest example of the GOP propogating lies – it's about time the Dems pushed back HARD!

October 29, 2009 11:18 am at 11:18 am |
  11. Tom in Delaware

Everyone the DNC targets gets stronger, the list is long.

Say, weren't you the guys that said you were tired of all the 'Negative Campaigning' last year?

BTW-Somebody needs to tell the Imitation Christ that the election was last year and he can get to work anytime now.

October 29, 2009 11:19 am at 11:19 am |
  12. Milo Ippolito

The only people who believe what Sarah Palin has to say are people who will always believe what she has to say. The Democrats don't need to waste time talking to those people. They're a lost cause.

October 29, 2009 11:23 am at 11:23 am |
  13. Lynda

Lies, Lies and more Lies that comes out of this womans mouth.....and what does the Bible say about lying? So where does Palin stand as a Christrian when she can out right lie about people and the issues at hand? She is exactly what God referred to as "The Tongue is like a TWO EDGE SWORD" For all the people she is misleding with her lies, Palin's Tongue will come back and slice her into a million pieces........As my Father used to say, give her enough Rope and she will hang herself........

October 29, 2009 11:23 am at 11:23 am |
  14. Beth

I'll be more than happy to take her on, on Facebook. I look forward to it!!

October 29, 2009 11:23 am at 11:23 am |
  15. KAREN

How about calling out Pelosi for her lies? How about today her lies on the HC bill. These other petty dems r asking for trouble. If they want to "Call them out" it goes both ways. So they better be prepared to anwer some questions.

October 29, 2009 11:23 am at 11:23 am |
  16. Dennis

As somebody who professes to be a Christian, I can not believe the tactics used by this woman or any others including James Dobson to further their hidden agenda. As a Christian myself, I am embarrassed to even remotely be categorized in the same camp. This is not what Christians should be about. Their tactics are turning more people off religion when they should be about caring and spreading the good news of salvation in a loving way. These people make me sick to my stomach when I think about the number of people who desparately need to hear the message of God but are repulsed by the lies, attitudes and self-serving interest of this wing-nuts. I can tell you that most of the REAL CHRISTIANS I know do not believe like this, but these wing-nuts get all the press. Sad for America. Sad for all the used people who support them.

October 29, 2009 11:23 am at 11:23 am |
  17. Liberal 'truths' and hate

Wow, another CNN story for the liberal haters to attack Sarah Palin. Again I ask, why do you love to hate this woman so? You don't know her. Although she has different ideas than you, Palin hasn't done anything that directly hurt/affected you. She's doesn't even hold a political office.

About the "lies". It appears that both sides have a problem presenting facts without spin or as propaganda. Does anyone really believe that Pelosi and Obama have really created a deficit neutral healthcare plan? Until I see a sustainable Medicare, I'm skeptical.

October 29, 2009 11:24 am at 11:24 am |
  18. Suzan

Oh Palin isn't going to like this.......she will start moaning and groaning and crying again about how the Democrats, Media, and the people are being unfair to her.......

October 29, 2009 11:25 am at 11:25 am |
  19. Debbie from VA

I am really beginning to believe that CNN is sexist. You mention other Republicans being called out but I don't remember them highlighted on the ticker. Palin is averaging 4 hits a day and then put up for comments and getting 100's of comments calling her stupid and every other name in the book. I was not a big fan of hers but am starting to feel some extreme sympathy and wondering why she is such a threat to the left.

October 29, 2009 11:25 am at 11:25 am |
  20. GoingRogue

They will let you know who they fear.

October 29, 2009 11:26 am at 11:26 am |
  21. Death Assurance Companies

I already closed my acct. in Facebook,because I can.Her using it as a soap box for political lies doesnt fly with me.She should just get a show on Faux Not News Channel with the rest of the moron liars,and no im not a driveby news fan either,I watch many sources and decide for myself with fact check whos telling the truth and who isnt.

October 29, 2009 11:27 am at 11:27 am |
  22. Tania

Call her and them on every statement.

October 29, 2009 11:30 am at 11:30 am |
  23. Ron In California

The DNC uses this tactic to marginalize anyone who has a different perspective than theirs. One thing is certain...both the left and the right are purveyors of lies, misinfromation, etc. I wonder if the DNC is behind Levi Johnson's continuing self promrotion. When he poses for Playgril you'll see he has no cajones. Matbe that qualifies him for the Whitehouse

October 29, 2009 11:31 am at 11:31 am |
  24. ross berg-buffalo ny

I just hope that the Democratic party pauses now and then to thank their lucky stars for Sarah Palin.

My educated guess is that ever since Palins disasterous interview with Katie Couric she has done more to advance the Dems than any other factor!! 76% of swing voters gave Palin being on the Rep. ticket as their primary reason for voting for Obama. And , if that weren't a big enough gift, every time she sticks her foot back in her mouth the Dems raise another bundle of cash using her as the bait!!

Sarah Palin....the gift that keeps on giving!!!!

October 29, 2009 11:32 am at 11:32 am |
  25. single mom

Looks like the DNC is going after people who stand up to them, don't think like they do, and 'push back with the truth'.

Afraid much, DNC? Worried about the elections next week and in 2010? You should be.

October 29, 2009 11:33 am at 11:33 am |