November 4th, 2009

Huckabee kicks off book tour

Huckabee kicks off book tour.
Huckabee kicks off book tour.

(CNN) – 'Tis the season for potential 2012 hopefuls to release new books.

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee released a holiday-themed collection Tuesday called "A Simple Christmas: Twelve Stories That Celebrate the True Holiday Spirit."

According to Huckabee's Web site, the book includes twelve "Christmas memories - often funny, sometimes deeply moving-that range from his childhood in Arkansas to his years as a young husband and father to his time as a governor and then a presidential candidate."

Huckabee is kicking off a book tour for his new release Wednesday in the Washington area, appearing at a Christian Science Monitor breakfast before a lunchtime signing at the Costco in nearby Pentagon City.

In all, the tour comprises of 22 cities and 64 events.

Huckabee's book comes two weeks before the much-anticipated Sarah Palin memoir "Going Rogue: An American Life."

Filed under: Mike Huckabee
  1. Aunt Bea and Opie

How can you write a book if you cant even read?We kicked this clown out of Mayberry years ago.hahaha

November 4, 2009 11:20 am at 11:20 am |
  2. Pepou

Another one ? Like Palin ? Give us a break ! These people are killing trees with their inarticulate ramblings which interest no one.

November 4, 2009 11:22 am at 11:22 am |
  3. Dar

Good look with the book Huckster, God Bless

November 4, 2009 11:29 am at 11:29 am |
  4. Gary

Is this the "new" GOP? When are the "new" Rush Limbaugh and Mike Steele books going to come out?

November 4, 2009 11:32 am at 11:32 am |
  5. Sniffit

Is there a dislaimer on the inside of the front cover like they wanted to put in the science books? "Jesus being the Son of God and the existence of Santa Clause are just "theories" and the truth about these issues is in legitimate dispute" or some such nonsense? I mean, if the dude can question the legitimacy of evolution, but can't see how inane the whole corporate lie of Santa is, then, well, I suppose he's just as crazy as I thought in the first place. Nevermind.

November 4, 2009 11:43 am at 11:43 am |
  6. Clint

Good old Republican values, money money money.

November 4, 2009 11:49 am at 11:49 am |
  7. Ted Tartaglia

Maybe Huckabee and Palin can join up on the book tour circuit. They could title their efforts as "Celebrating Christmas by Going Rogue.

November 4, 2009 11:49 am at 11:49 am |
  8. William Rodd

I like Huckabee's style and political philosophy. Could be the 2012 GOP presidential candidate. He comes across as more sincere than Romney. First, we have to get rid of Obama and his Chicago mafia and corrupt czars!

November 4, 2009 11:56 am at 11:56 am |
  9. C. Farrell, Houston, Tx

Palin and Huckabees book will make a great fire log for my fireplace.

November 4, 2009 11:58 am at 11:58 am |
  10. Fed Up

Sniffles get yourself a kleenex, you gotta post your weirdness over an innocent book. Whatever!!

November 4, 2009 12:01 pm at 12:01 pm |
  11. BestProfitCompany = WAR

This book sounds... BORING!

November 4, 2009 12:03 pm at 12:03 pm |
  12. katiec

Huckabee having a show on Fox tells us all we need to know.
    He has lost any credibility as a politician and a true representative
    of the American people.

November 4, 2009 12:06 pm at 12:06 pm |
  13. Lynda/Minnesota

Can't imagine why anyone would buy this book, but, hey, to each their own I guess.

On the *presidential-material* meter scale, I'd rate Huckabee a minus 10.

November 4, 2009 12:07 pm at 12:07 pm |
  14. Walter

This is a very interesting choice of subject matter.

For whatever her failings, Palin's book shows an awareness that she needs to work on being taken seriously as a politician.

The good Reverend Huckabee, however, seems to want people to think of him as a religious figure rather than as a political leader.

It will be interesting to see which of them has understood the Republican Party better.

November 4, 2009 12:19 pm at 12:19 pm |
  15. Susan

books books books...........the easiest way to make millions by Repubs.........

November 4, 2009 12:21 pm at 12:21 pm |
  16. Dominican mama 4 Obama

Now we know why the Republicants have'nt had time to read the Healthcare Bill, they've been busy penning their memoirs and "true" Christmas stories. I guess my Christmases have been "fake".

November 4, 2009 12:23 pm at 12:23 pm |
  17. Kevin in Ohio

The comments from the lefties here show just why they are so WRONG. Thank God for Mike Huckabee, who is not afraid to use the words Christmas and Jesus. The left is on the wrong side of good vs. evil, and Huckabee's positive, traditional, and moral views are what built America, and what will save it from the likes of Obama, Pelosi, and Reid.

November 4, 2009 12:28 pm at 12:28 pm |
  18. LacrosseMom

Good for Huckabee......... he is the ONLY GOPer I can stand to listen to. He is decent and respectful.

November 4, 2009 12:31 pm at 12:31 pm |
  19. Ernesto

You should call this piece " A Premptive Strike on Palin". I like Huckabee's humor and satire, but ultimately he is still running for President. Both he and Palin should understand they will never get that far.I plan on buying both books at the Dollar Store to heat my home.

November 4, 2009 12:34 pm at 12:34 pm |
  20. SLP

Sniffit is putting down Santa now. Geeze, are you ever happy about anything.? I guess I wouldn't be happy either if I had to live in your Godless existance. So, you don't believe in God, Sniffit. Tell me, how is that working out for you? Maybe if you would at least consider His existence, you might discover a happier person inside.

November 4, 2009 12:35 pm at 12:35 pm |
  21. chuck

This guy is looking for RETIREMENT FUNDS but will not get one penny from me . The Republican Party is full of HATRED and Racist low lifers.

November 4, 2009 12:37 pm at 12:37 pm |
  22. Dumbasrocks in Liverpool

Why do Huckabee and Palin even bother to come out with books? Most of their constituents can't even read.....and I'm not sure those two can even comprehend what they read. I can see it now.....a bunch of toothless,shotgun toting neo-morons sitting around their still, deep in dumbf–kistan, comparing the merits of Palin's book versus the Huckabee book. Its laughable.

November 4, 2009 12:37 pm at 12:37 pm |
  23. Dave

Sorry, I'll pass on this creep.

November 4, 2009 12:40 pm at 12:40 pm |
  24. Terry from West Texas

Huckabee it the most capable, intelligent, and trustworthy of Republican leaders – which is not exactly high praise come to think of it. Unlike Palin, he probably wrote his book. I doubt if Palin has read her book yet.

I personally have no plans to vote for Huckabee or buy his book. However, I would trust him to hold my wallet or protect my teenage daughter in an emergency.

November 4, 2009 12:43 pm at 12:43 pm |
  25. Slappy White

Tell us the story again, Uncle Mike, about how you hunted down the Christmas squirrel and cooked it up in a popcorn popper...

November 4, 2009 12:50 pm at 12:50 pm |