November 7th, 2009

Palin will headline media dinner

Former Gov. Palin will headline an annual dinner with journalists in early December.

Washington (CNN) - Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's sharp criticism of the media won't stop her from breaking bread with journalists next month at a dinner here in the nation's capital.

The 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee will be the GOP speaker at the Gridiron Club and Foundation's annual winter dinner, the organization announced Friday.

House Financial Services Committee Chairman Barney Frank, D-Massachusetts, will be the Democratic speaker at the Dec. 5 event.

Palin's appearance at the Gridiron dinner will come a few weeks after her new book, "Going Rogue: An American Life," goes on sale.

Filed under: Popular Posts • Sarah Palin
  1. Randy

Happy Meals for everybody in Palin's bunch

November 7, 2009 11:43 am at 11:43 am |
  2. Alesia

Thats enough to make them lose their appetite

November 7, 2009 11:43 am at 11:43 am |
  3. Lawrence

the more she shows herself the more foolish she makes herself and the Republican party look. I say she should put herself out there as much as possible.

November 7, 2009 11:44 am at 11:44 am |
  4. CAP

She's a divider. She's not good for this country. She likes stirring up trouble and hate, what good is going to come from that? She seems to enjoy a fight.

Where's her 'concern' for the poor families who have lost their jobs, homes, health insurance and can't afford to now FEED the children they already have. She disgusts me.

November 7, 2009 11:45 am at 11:45 am |
  5. Abe Lincoln

Considering that 80% of CNN viewers are rabid Democrats, I doubt Sarah will take many of these comments seriously. I think she's very confident in who she is and what she sees as her role in the Republican party. I personally support her and so do tens of millions of others, and calling her a moron isn't going to change that. You called G Bush a moron for 8 years and Obama a genius and Obama hasn't one SINGLE accomplishment in the 1 yr since he was elected, and he just had his first terror attack on American soil, CNN has confirmed that the shooter at Ft Hood got a visit for a man dressed in Muslim garb for 5 minutes a day before the incident. Planned terror attack. While Obama plays basketball with the 'boys.

November 7, 2009 11:45 am at 11:45 am |
  6. Fitz in Texas

Way to go Sarah.....this should get the liberals panties in a wad...you know the ones.....the party of "tolerance"......yeah, right...."tolerance"...not from some of the comments I read from this "progressive" group.

November 7, 2009 11:46 am at 11:46 am |
  7. NC

I think the liberal democrats are very afraid , very afraid of what she is doing. Sarah Palin is a real patriot. Lipstick or no lipstick, she is a real threat to democrats being re-elected in 2010.

November 7, 2009 11:47 am at 11:47 am |
  8. GI Joe

She's a typical "one issue" republican

me me me me me me me me me me me me me

November 7, 2009 11:49 am at 11:49 am |
  9. Linda

Palin Baby Palin! And they know it!

November 7, 2009 11:50 am at 11:50 am |
  10. mk

Her "book" has already been bought up by all the right winger nut cases. They are dying to make her seem more relevant than she ever could be on her own. She is a danger to our democracy. Why can't people see her for what she really is? A past tense beauty queen who failed her pagent prep courses in front of the whole world.

November 7, 2009 11:51 am at 11:51 am |
  11. Wes

I hope they supply barf bags.

November 7, 2009 11:52 am at 11:52 am |
  12. josephine

Hope she doesn't close it to the media. Wonder if she's got anything new and funny to say. This should be as interesting as a train wreck.

November 7, 2009 11:52 am at 11:52 am |
  13. Again with the Palin Bashing

Why does CNN keep pounding on Palin?

What's John Edwards doing today? Can CNN provide any balance or are they that liberal.

CNN assumes you are all brainless sheep, caring about every dribble they write about.

November 7, 2009 11:53 am at 11:53 am |
  14. Linda

I do crack up laughing at the political bloggers that rush here to post any hate filled nasty comment they can think of regardless it has nothing to do with the post or reality.

Good thing about time. Reality has a way of catching up with empty words of the past. lol

November 7, 2009 11:53 am at 11:53 am |
  15. Jeremy-Dallas-tx

She is destroyer in chief(quoting J Mcain). She wrecked Mcain and Alaska. She is now wrecking GOP who thinks they are on come back for winning 2 Governors seats. GOP, you lost 2 house seats. Power and influence is from Congress/Washington and not Governorship. GOP is fast fading for promoting hatred and lies. Go negative and you be whipped like Deeds in Virginia. Your healthcare is horrible and yet you oppose what is good from the Democrats instead of revising it! If you don't urgently change your NEGATIVE OBSTRUCTIVE POLITICS, prepare to lose more next your. I am a Ph D student (Pol Scie) and we do conduct these polls quite. In Tx,the results are shocking! People don't believe in negative politics anymore!

November 7, 2009 11:53 am at 11:53 am |
  16. Chuck

I wonder if this is the start of Palin's run for the WH. If so, then the last few months has been a crash course for her on policy, handling the press etc... I sure hope she gives Tina lots of new material because that was the highlight of the last election.

November 7, 2009 11:54 am at 11:54 am |
  17. Long Rider

While reading the comments here it is very obvious that Palin has forgotten more than the majority of Dem will ever know about real life! It is also apparent that the socialist are VERY scared of her ... otherwise why keep tracking her if she is so stupid and so irrelevant . She's not even in public office any more ... go figure !! Such HATE with no personal infraction = mobe rule

November 7, 2009 11:54 am at 11:54 am |
  18. Bob of Lompoc

Hope she eats with her mouth closed, unlike her Political Daddy George Bush The Son, who doesn't have the manners of a barn yard hog.

November 7, 2009 11:55 am at 11:55 am |
  19. John Ca

I think Sarah Palin (Rep.) is a right-wing nut and anyone who pays to spend time with her should give the money to a tax-free foumdation instead!

November 7, 2009 12:22 pm at 12:22 pm |
  20. tonyt

Long Rider, She's A QUITER! No Quiters For President or Vice President. Oh I Forgot She didn't Really Quit, She Juist Didn't Want To Be The Gov. Anymore. I'm Not Quirting I'm Just Leaving!, No...no..no
    I 'm Doing what's Best For Alaska, You Bet Ya! I'm Not Really Quiting....
    Things Got Tough and She Quit!

She's A Media Balloon Lady.
    Give Praise To the Ghost Writer Not Palin, Going Nowhere!

November 7, 2009 12:22 pm at 12:22 pm |
  21. Matt

CNN, just go ahead and rename the Political Ticker the Palin Ticker.

November 7, 2009 12:23 pm at 12:23 pm |
  22. jim tuffit

I'm surprised cnn reported this. I thought for sure they would be too busy fact checking snl skits blasting 0bama.

Unemployment in the double digits, floundering war effort in Afghanistan, HUGE deficit in the trillions (the interest on the spending 0bama did during the first year of his administration will be greater than 6 years of Bush's Iraq & Afghan wars combined), the onset of inflation, North Korea and Iran nuking up...how can anyone think 0bama has been anything but a disaster?

For a real clear perspective search How 0bama Got Elected on youtube. Click interviews with 0bama voters or media malpractice.

November 7, 2009 12:24 pm at 12:24 pm |
  23. Cnn No Mo Palin

@Willy Brown November 7th, 2009 11:16 am ET
    Go Sarah, keep the liberals and media spinning mad.
    **Palin can't Spell MAD!!!

November 7, 2009 12:25 pm at 12:25 pm |
  24. GP

"While reading the comments here it is very obvious that Palin has forgotten more than the majority of Dem will ever know about real life!"

Ah, but she is indeed catching up.

Remember all that talk about the comment the Dixie Chicks said about Bush? You know, how they were embarrassed he was from their state? That little quip between songs that almost destroyed their career?

So where was the outrage when Palin went to Asia a couple of months ago and complained about Obama to an auditorium full of international fund managers AND was paid $100k for her opinions?

Hhhmm? What was that about not speaking disrespectfully of our president or our country when on foreign soil? Have we forgotten already?

Hypocrites.

November 7, 2009 12:25 pm at 12:25 pm |
  25. HJM

As a republican for over 20 years and someone who believes that the media is bias against the right. I have to say, Mrs Palin has become an embarrassment.

Rather than bashing the media she should be using them to prove she is qualified for any potential public office. She is true to her beliefs but that alone will not make her a successful public servant. She has not made any progress in changing her public perception as a competent leader and won't even try.

Sarah, your 15 minutes were up a long time ago. Give the republican party a chance. Make the money off your book and get back to the private sector. If you really cared about our party you should drop out of sight and let us prepare for the next election.

November 7, 2009 12:26 pm at 12:26 pm |