November 7th, 2009

Palin will headline media dinner

Former Gov. Palin will headline an annual dinner with journalists in early December.

Washington (CNN) - Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's sharp criticism of the media won't stop her from breaking bread with journalists next month at a dinner here in the nation's capital.

The 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee will be the GOP speaker at the Gridiron Club and Foundation's annual winter dinner, the organization announced Friday.

House Financial Services Committee Chairman Barney Frank, D-Massachusetts, will be the Democratic speaker at the Dec. 5 event.

Palin's appearance at the Gridiron dinner will come a few weeks after her new book, "Going Rogue: An American Life," goes on sale.

Filed under: Popular Posts • Sarah Palin
  1. Peter

I've listened to Palin...She offends me, her views are anti American. "I believe Obama pals around with Terrorists..." What the hell, she needs to leave.

Stop showing her off Media!!

November 7, 2009 04:31 pm at 4:31 pm |
  2. Linell Winter Park, FL

"You don't give any illustrations of how ingnorant she is. In order for your comments to be considered, you must at least back them up with facts."
    Elaine–I was a life-long registered Republican until this last election; I voted for Bush twice. But it became obvious to me that the Republican party that I was a member of was no longer. It became intolerant and I was ashamed to be a part of it any more...
    It has become patently clear to me that the GOP extreme right wing (which dear Sarah loves to keep stirred up) wouldn't recognize a 'fact' if it came up and bit you on the rear!!! You are entitled to your own opinions...not your own facts...I'm not sure who scares me more–the radical right wing or the radical Islamists. If either takes control we are we can kiss America goodbye.

November 7, 2009 04:39 pm at 4:39 pm |
  3. D. Tree

Of course she'll show up at a media dinner, it will help her sell her book – she needs as much money as possible if she is going to run for president in 2012.

I betcha she thinks she'll even sell as many books as President Obama ;-)

November 7, 2009 04:40 pm at 4:40 pm |
  4. Irma in North Carolina

Who ask her to come to this meeting, they should have their headss examined. She will disgrace the whole bunch. Some one better make up a bunch of index cards for her. I wonder if she will bash the president at this invent and if she will bring up the death panel. Hope Barney puts her in her place if she does. She will most likely bring her book along and try to force it on all the people. How is she going to keep the media out of this event.

November 7, 2009 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  5. tonyt

NO Quiter 2012!

November 7, 2009 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  6. dan smith

Just wondering-why are liberals filled with SO much hate? How can any of you liberals out there claim to be SO caring and the spew out the garbage that you do? Get over yourselves-really.

November 7, 2009 04:52 pm at 4:52 pm |
  7. Limbaugh is a liberal

Exactly why are people paying ANY attention to this woman? She's a loser, a nobody, AND a quitter!

November 7, 2009 06:34 pm at 6:34 pm |
  8. the Wall

Sarah Palin,is related to "Willie Makeit" doubt if she shows.

November 7, 2009 06:36 pm at 6:36 pm |
  9. RLG

Going to see Sarah Palin certainly isn't on my list of things to do. Even a free dinner wouldn't help. Sarah Palin should go back to Alaska and stay there.

November 7, 2009 06:36 pm at 6:36 pm |
  10. Palin Power

Sarah Palin will become America's next and greatest president of all times. She is truly God's Chosen one and it is the Word and WILl of God herself that Palin becomes President and God herself said so.

November 7, 2009 06:41 pm at 6:41 pm |
  11. Steve Takacs

What makes everyone think the reporters will be the "media"? They'll all be from Fox and other conservative outlets. Look for glowing praise all around.

November 7, 2009 06:42 pm at 6:42 pm |
  12. Terry from West Texas

I am a proud Liberal and I love Sarah Palin. If anyone can put American Conservatism in its grave, she is the gal. I support Sarah Palin for the Republican nomination for the presidency 100% and with no reservations whatsoever. I say Palin in 2012 AND in 2016 AND in 2020. Nominate that girl until Conservatism finally is no more, and the sooner the better.

November 7, 2009 06:47 pm at 6:47 pm |
  13. CBR

The more comments written about her the more press she gets. If you don't like her, then don't read about it.

Sarah Palin has made some pretty mean-spirited remarks. Unfortunately, she made some of those remarks during the campaign and wound up with many critics. The topics she chooses are not always given the research and thought necessary so her remarks are often misconstrued at best and fodder for anger at their worst.

All of this leads to the fact that freedom of speech is a citizen's right. No where in the constitution does it say you have to listen to the speaker.

November 7, 2009 06:47 pm at 6:47 pm |
  14. Perusing-through

THIS WOULD BE A GREAT OPPORTUNITY . . .

. . . for Sarah Palin to explain what she meant in her V.P. acceptance speech at the RNC convention in Minneapolis, regarding "taking on the media and Washington elitist".

November 7, 2009 06:49 pm at 6:49 pm |
  15. Terry from West Texas

dan smith wrote: " ... why are liberals filled with SO much hate? How can any of you liberals out there claim to be SO caring and the spew out the garbage that you do?"

Well Dan, I have to admit that sometimes the Satan-worshiping socialist in me just has to come out, so I try to find some good, God-fearing citizen to terrorize. We just can't help ourselves. We prefer evil to good, pain to pleasure, socialism to freedom, vegetables to steak, lies to truth, stupidity to Palin's wisdom, and we like soccer. We're just twisted.

November 7, 2009 06:52 pm at 6:52 pm |
  16. Richie

Will someone be there to read the book to Sarah?

November 7, 2009 06:54 pm at 6:54 pm |
  17. I'm sick of this woman...

Does anybody care what she has to say? She is a quitter and America doesn't need someone like her When did we say "When the going gets tough, quit!" She must have. Please stop reporting on this no brain politician.

November 7, 2009 06:56 pm at 6:56 pm |
  18. Richie

@Elaine - Read something she has written? What, did she leave a grocery list lying around? She doesn't read nor write.

November 7, 2009 06:58 pm at 6:58 pm |
  19. John Ca

If the Republicans think about her running for Pres. they will lose. They need a big guy with a lot of wealth so, they do not have to pay taxes and have less gov't.

November 7, 2009 06:59 pm at 6:59 pm |
  20. John Ca

She 's was gone when she quit her job she will not run quiter 2012! Cnn.com-tv-time mag. is keeping America great!

November 7, 2009 07:02 pm at 7:02 pm |
  21. John Ca

Is she a go go girl?

November 7, 2009 07:03 pm at 7:03 pm |
  22. John Ca

Did this women even pass high school?

November 7, 2009 07:04 pm at 7:04 pm |
  23. dan smith

I hope a vicious whackjob like Palin does become the face of the GOP in 2012 – it'll put them in the waste bin of history where they belong.

November 7, 2009 07:05 pm at 7:05 pm |
  24. mjm

Linell Winter Park, FL.............It has become patently clear to me that the GOP extreme right wing ...

Palin ran with the most moderate republican in John McCain......How is that "right wing"?

So you went from being a republican to supporting the most left wing president of all time? With Rev Wright in his corner? That's where you found tolerance?

Let me know how those new taxes work out for you....

November 7, 2009 07:06 pm at 7:06 pm |
  25. Pat

Wow, if Obama could get you libs to let go of your hate fixation on Palin, maybe he would justify receiving the Peace Prize.

November 7, 2009 07:20 pm at 7:20 pm |