Washington (CNN) – President Obama has directed a review of all intelligence in the federal government's files relating to last week's shootings at Fort Hood, especially any intelligence relating to the alleged shooter Army Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, according to the presidential memorandum released by the White House Thursday.
Obama has also directed that an immediate review be done of how "any such intelligence was handled, shared, and acted upon within individual departments and agencies and what intelligence was shared with others," the presidential memorandum said.
In the memorandum, Obama also directs that the preliminary results of the review be provided by November 30.
The memo is addressed to the Secretary of Defense, the Director of National Intelligence, and the Director of the FBI. Obama asked for the inventory and review on November 6, the day after the Fort Hood shootings, but the president's memo was not released by the White House until Thursday.
Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan has been charged with 13 preliminary counts of premeditated murder stemming from last week's shooting at Fort Hood Army Post, an Army investigator said Thursday.