November 12th, 2009

Palin: We're 'not really into the drama'

Palin discussed Levi Johnston and the Katie Couric interviews in her sit-down with Oprah.

(CNN) – Sarah Palin and her almost-son-in-law Levi Johnston have been in a war of words for months, but the former Alaska governor told Oprah Winfrey in just-released clips of the highly-anticipated interview that he is still "part of the family."

While not directly saying whether or not Johnston is invited to Thanksgiving dinner, Palin said her family still has affection for Johnston.

"It's lovely to think that he would ever even consider such a thing," Palin told Winfrey. "Because of course you want - he is a part of the family and you want to bring him in the fold and kind of under your wing. And he needs that, too."

Discussing her new book, "Going Rogue: An American Life," on Winfrey's famous couch, Palin said she and her family want to make peace with Johnston and move past the dramatics that have unfolded in the media over the last year. Johnston was once engaged to Palin's daughter, Bristol, and is the father of Palin's grandson, Tripp.

"I think he needs to know that he is loved and he has the most beautiful child, and this can all work out for good," Palin said. "It really can. We don't have to keep going down this road of controversy and drama all the time. We're not really into the drama. We don't really like that. We're more productive."

Palin also called her interview with Katie Couric during the campaign a "bad interview," but said the campaign staff encouraged her to continue to do others after that.

"The campaign said, 'Right on. Good. You're showing your independence. This is what America needs to see and it was a good interview,'" Palin said. "And of course I'm thinking, if you thought that was a good interview, I don't know what a bad interview is because I knew it was a bad interview."

Palin's full sit-down with Winfrey will air on Monday, the day before her memoir hits bookstores.

Filed under: Popular Posts • Sarah Palin
  1. Lisa - St. Louis MO

Sarah Pain??? Not into DRAMA??

Wow, that is rich...

November 12, 2009 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  2. suresh

That is nothing but an offer of bribe to Johnston to keep his mouth shut.. Palin knows that he can damage her image of a wholesome family lady.

November 12, 2009 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  3. Vets4Obama

"It's lovely to think that he would ever even consider such a thing," Palin told Winfrey. "Because of course you want – he is a part of the family and you want to bring him in the fold and kind of under your wing. And he needs that, too."

I agree, he needs it. And I'm no supporter of Levi, but I think he needs to be with people that have some class, and are not pathological liars. That would elimanate Sarah from being in attendance.

November 12, 2009 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  4. Democrat in MD (CNN please post. Thank you!)

Yeah,,,she only wants to "make peace" with Levi so he won't spill any more REALLY dirty secrets about her!

November 12, 2009 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  5. Josh

We all should have known long ago that she was in this for the money – and she's taking it and running with it. Go, Baby Bo. Take those Dumb Right Wing Nuts who really believed you were qualified to be the VP of this country – take their monies and run back to Wasila.

November 12, 2009 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  6. midwest liberal

"...Palin said she and her family want to make peace with Johnston..." Well of COURSE she does! That way he would be less likely to spill the beans. DUH! This woman fools no one.

November 12, 2009 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  7. William

When will this silly woman and her dysfunctional family go away? If the Republicans in this country, with all their blather about morality and family values, nominate this know-nothing as their presidential candidate, it will only prove what many of us have long known: they are hypocrites, who have nothing to offer but hot wind. Certainly the GOP leadership understands that putting Sad Sarah on the ticket is a losing proposition and that to put her at the top of the ticket is tantamount to handing the election over to a Democrat or independent. One cannot win an election with only 30% of the electorate backing your candidate.

November 12, 2009 02:02 pm at 2:02 pm |
  8. hongli

Sarah palin is a cold blooded liar, and I was always told by my parents that a liar is a thief. Go figure !!! I guess you will be hearing from Levi very soon on this subject on the air and television.

November 12, 2009 02:03 pm at 2:03 pm |
  9. Larry S

Come on liberals . . . here is another chance to show your hatrid and lack of intelligence . . . Sarah has more class than most and you are too interested in hate and worry about her abiility to see the real world. But still provide all of the hatrid you can . . . it continues to prove the type of people that are liberals.

November 12, 2009 02:03 pm at 2:03 pm |
  10. chelle

Oh please the campaign staff had no choice! A vice-presidential candidate should be able (and has to) to do interviews!!! They sure as heck limited who she talked to though!

November 12, 2009 02:04 pm at 2:04 pm |
  11. laughing in alaska

has anyone noticed that Palin's book is selling for only $9.00 on Amazon while the Sarah Palin Coloring and Activity Book is selling for $12.00! $3.00 MORE! I just love that!

November 12, 2009 02:05 pm at 2:05 pm |
  12. Skee

You gotta be kidding.....!

Sarah Palin is saying that Levi is still part of the FAMILY......?

You would really think after Sarah Palins supporters heres this, that this should be EVIDENSE of her continual LYING.......!

I'm sure Oprah knew she was lying......

And to think that Sarahs supporters backed "Joe Wilson" with the you lie outburst at a sitting President of the United States is just amazing.......

And don't get me started on the "Were not into Drama" comment......!

November 12, 2009 02:08 pm at 2:08 pm |
  13. PT

Go home and take care of your baby.

November 12, 2009 02:08 pm at 2:08 pm |
  14. Sniffit

That reminds me, I got to hurry up and run out and get my popcorn...I don't want to miss one minute of this show...my two favorite people in the whole world at the same time on my TV! I'm soooooo excited!!!

November 12, 2009 02:08 pm at 2:08 pm |
  15. landscapebear

of course they want the drama...it sells her stupid book.

November 12, 2009 02:10 pm at 2:10 pm |
  16. Ed, Santa Fe, NM

The moron still can't utter a simple, declarative sentence....

Maybe Levi doesn't WANT to be part of Palin's dysfunctional family. Can anyone imagine dealing wit this ditzoid Barbie on a daily basis?

November 12, 2009 02:12 pm at 2:12 pm |
  17. Julie

I can still smack the managers of the McCain campaign for putting this shrill woman on the Republican ticket last year. She doesn't seem to know that her 15 minutes of fame are over.

November 12, 2009 02:12 pm at 2:12 pm |
  18. Stay-strong...going rogue

What the country needs now is a strong woman just like Sarah to lead
    our COUNTRY out of the wilderness we are in......Sarah Palin....go

"2012" the majority is behind you..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 12, 2009 02:12 pm at 2:12 pm |
  19. Carla

Sarah Palin is a class act!!

November 12, 2009 02:13 pm at 2:13 pm |
  20. mark

wow, she looked right into oprahs eyes and lied to america again, i hope to god the finally gets called on the carpet for this, but i bet oprah didnt have the guts to ask tough questions and then follow up, sad

November 12, 2009 02:13 pm at 2:13 pm |
  21. Deborah Alfano from PA

Sarah is a mover and shaker. I think she is worth a second look by the media and I am happy she is getting more of a fair shake this time out. She has a voice that strikes a cord in my heart since she is a successful, working woman with family.

November 12, 2009 02:13 pm at 2:13 pm |
  22. Terry from West Texas

To the extent that this is a reflection of Palin's true feelings, she is being quite gracious, given their history. I had underestimated her at least in this one area. She's still a Conservative, and that disqualifies her from any elected position in my opinion. I wonder if we are seeing some personal growth? I hope so.

November 12, 2009 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  23. Nancy Harrison

If Palin was truly not "looking for drama" she wouldn't be parading her sorry behind in front of television every opportunity she gets. And the media is just as much to blame as she is. I don't really believe that anyone really gives a rat's behind what she thinks. She is such a moron and so full of herself that she believes all of us are as dumb as she is. Let's get over Palin and put her in the garbage dump where she belongs. I for one am sick and tired of her face and her stupid and innane comments.

November 12, 2009 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  24. Carol

This from the Queen of Drama. Please!

November 12, 2009 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  25. Phil

. . . just go away . . . pretty please? . . .

November 12, 2009 02:15 pm at 2:15 pm |