November 12th, 2009

Palin, Winfrey talk about big interview

Oprah and Palin are revealing some details of their big interview.
Oprah and Palin are revealing some details of their big interview.

(CNN) - Sarah Palin enjoyed her highly-anticipated sit down with talk show host Oprah Winfrey so much that the two went "way over time," the former Alaska governor wrote on her Facebook Page.

But Palin gave few details of what the two discussed for more than hour, saying only that Winfrey was "very hospitable and gracious."

The former Republican vice presidential nominee also praised the show's studio audience, which she said was "full of warm, energized and (no doubt) curious viewers."

Meanwhile, Winfrey was a little more forthcoming with details of the interview, revealing in a Web video late Wednesday that the two "talked about everything."

"We talked about inside the campaign, what it felt like when she was first asked to be vice president. We talked about Bristol, the pregnancy. We talked about Trig, her baby. We talked about Levi Johnston. We talked about her marriage…there's nothing we didn't talk about."

The interview will air on Monday, a day before Palin's memoir "Going Rogue: An American Life" is released.

Follow Alex Mooney on Twitter @awmooneycnn

Filed under: Oprah Winfrey • Popular Posts • Sarah Palin
  1. Drew

I think she should have remain as governor so she can learn that you don't sleep or cheat anymore to get to the top. Her husband can stand by and let her do this is less than a husband and father to their children.

November 12, 2009 08:30 am at 8:30 am |
  2. Norman

I's amazimg what publicity does for you.

PS I will not be watching.

November 12, 2009 08:36 am at 8:36 am |
  3. George

That will be worth watching. Sarah is on Ophra's turf. This may be the first time we see a decent Sarah. Not a smart, Sarah, but a decent one. Then she will leave Ophra, and go out tea bagging. I wonder if she will take her rifle teabagging>

CNN why are you obsessed with Sarah? It can't be for her wisdom.

November 12, 2009 08:39 am at 8:39 am |
  4. Donna

Palin is such a hypocrite, is this the same liberal media that they trash last year. I guess if she wants to sell books anyone is her friend.
    Palin 2012 ... quitter

November 12, 2009 08:41 am at 8:41 am |
  5. southerncousin

Thank God. CNN missed having a Palin story yesterday. OK libs, you can now spew your drug induced venorm and show how evil and hateful liberalism is.

November 12, 2009 08:42 am at 8:42 am |
  6. shucks

Fiction from a fraud.

November 12, 2009 08:46 am at 8:46 am |
  7. Really Sad 4 the country

Who really cares.......

November 12, 2009 08:47 am at 8:47 am |
  8. Richie

Did they talk about whether someone had read the book to Sarah yet?

November 12, 2009 08:47 am at 8:47 am |
  9. Kate

Well, Oprah is one of the most powerful figures in the world. Sarah Palin will naturally only have good things to say about her. Regardless of how Oprah treated her (I'm sure Oprah was gracious), Palin has to show her respect and drop the victim stories about the media's treatment of her and her family.

November 12, 2009 08:47 am at 8:47 am |
  10. TangledThorns

Sarah Palin is a true leader. Shame on Oprah for endorsing the empty suit in the WH.

November 12, 2009 08:49 am at 8:49 am |
  11. hm,florida

i sure hope oprah did not give her any breaks. someone needs to get the truth out of this woman not glorify her. really, what has she done???

November 12, 2009 08:53 am at 8:53 am |
  12. This sets up 2012.......

for a Sarah Palin/Liz Cheney ticket.

Obama is ONE and DONE.

November 12, 2009 08:55 am at 8:55 am |
  13. Michael-SC

who cares?
    Not watching Oprah and absolutely not watching Palin the liar.
    Almost as bad as Cheney the coward

November 12, 2009 08:57 am at 8:57 am |
  14. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA

Oprah is probably thinking that this woman is dumber than I thought.

November 12, 2009 08:57 am at 8:57 am |
  15. Joe-E

I always liked Oprah for her mature and timely topics, but this is the first time she is interviewing a megalomaniac who cannot live without attention drawn to her silly and lame ego. Maybe we will be treated to another "Tom Cruise" moment.

November 12, 2009 08:58 am at 8:58 am |
  16. Willy Brown

Wonder if Oprah will put Sarah Palin's book in her club?

November 12, 2009 09:01 am at 9:01 am |
  17. Dominican mama 4 Obama

To think I was actually going to learn to use my DVR in order to watch this 'interview' when home from work. It sounds like it was something done for the ratings and the $$$. Too bad. Quittin' Palin could 've had the opportunity to show her mettle and everything that she believes qualifies her to run for President in 2012. I have absolutely no interest in watching Oprah and Palin smiling pretty and swapping fantasies. Bummer.

November 12, 2009 09:01 am at 9:01 am |
  18. The World According to Gop

Keep going, Sarah. You've got a bright future ahead of you, which means a bright future for the U.S. We need strength now, not another generation of confused babies who refuse to see the world as it is. Can't wait to see this interview and many more.

November 12, 2009 09:01 am at 9:01 am |
  19. Maladjusted1

What doesn't make it on the show will be available at Oprah.com. Go Sarah!

November 12, 2009 09:04 am at 9:04 am |
  20. Death Panel Sarah

It was about death panels....he he.... death panels!!!
    I told her I cold see Russia from my house!
    I could see what Putin's big head was doing when he reared it!
    I asked if she knew wheather Africa was a country or a Con.... whatever you call it....big place!
    Does Katie Couric dye her hair?
    But, mainly death panels....he he!
    She made me speak coherently....I hated it!

November 12, 2009 09:04 am at 9:04 am |
  21. rickymo

Why anybody is interested in this women is beyond me. I am not a fan of the GOP at all but there are so many other bright GOP women that to give any credit to this fool just baffles me. But then again this country voted for Bush twice so I guess i should not be surprised with the dumming down of the US

November 12, 2009 09:05 am at 9:05 am |
  22. SH in TX

Sounds pretty boring to me. Nothing we haven't heard before. Just another forum for Palin to sell her book. Yawn.

November 12, 2009 09:06 am at 9:06 am |
  23. Are you kidding me????

Did Oprah ask what publication she had read lately?? Death panels??? Which continent was where???? Who's taking care of the Govenor's responsibilities in Alaska?? Who cares about Bristal, the preganancy, Levi, her marriage!!!! The book should be called "GONE Rougue!!!!!!!!!

November 12, 2009 09:06 am at 9:06 am |
  24. Gary

For someone who has claimed that the news media "are out to get me", Palin seems to enjoy the spotlight when it'll help her sell the book that someone else did all the work on.

November 12, 2009 09:07 am at 9:07 am |
  25. Mike in LR

This poor woman and her entire family have been demonized by the government run press (sometimes called the mainstream media). I can't blame her for removing herself from the public eye. It is completely shameful how some people are totally ruined by left wing media just for having an opinion that doesn't agree with theirs.

November 12, 2009 09:08 am at 9:08 am |