November 12th, 2009

Palin, Winfrey talk about big interview

Oprah and Palin are revealing some details of their big interview.
Oprah and Palin are revealing some details of their big interview.

(CNN) - Sarah Palin enjoyed her highly-anticipated sit down with talk show host Oprah Winfrey so much that the two went "way over time," the former Alaska governor wrote on her Facebook Page.

But Palin gave few details of what the two discussed for more than hour, saying only that Winfrey was "very hospitable and gracious."

The former Republican vice presidential nominee also praised the show's studio audience, which she said was "full of warm, energized and (no doubt) curious viewers."

Meanwhile, Winfrey was a little more forthcoming with details of the interview, revealing in a Web video late Wednesday that the two "talked about everything."

"We talked about inside the campaign, what it felt like when she was first asked to be vice president. We talked about Bristol, the pregnancy. We talked about Trig, her baby. We talked about Levi Johnston. We talked about her marriage…there's nothing we didn't talk about."

The interview will air on Monday, a day before Palin's memoir "Going Rogue: An American Life" is released.

Follow Alex Mooney on Twitter @awmooneycnn

Filed under: Oprah Winfrey • Popular Posts • Sarah Palin
  1. David from VA

I can only ask....why? I guess like most freak shows...it's good for ratings. I can't stand to hear Palin talk....way too painful. She tries too hard to come across as this "bad ass" and it's such crap. And that book title? How about "Gone Fringe"? I'll never lose that image of her doing that crazy chanting crap in that church...., now that's what we need in office!

November 12, 2009 09:42 am at 9:42 am |
  2. Scott, Tucson

I wonder if Oprah is having second thoughts about backing the wrong person for the White House?

November 12, 2009 09:42 am at 9:42 am |
  3. john m

Oh Gee wiz i guess I will simply have to forget that interview. i will just do my own at home i have a brick I can put into a chair and it will be just as informative as Palin!

November 12, 2009 09:42 am at 9:42 am |
  4. Michael

Well, I know one channel that won't have anything intersting or Intelligent to watch in that time slot.
    Why are continuing to follow to this airhead?

November 12, 2009 09:42 am at 9:42 am |
  5. Mike

Palin's the best. Keep your head of Sarah. If everyone in America was like you, your country would be in much better shape than it is today.

November 12, 2009 09:43 am at 9:43 am |
  6. Jeff

The only thing that I am looking forward to is Sarah Palin on the ticket for 2012! Your are an amazing woman and I feel you will do the Country Proud!!!

November 12, 2009 09:44 am at 9:44 am |
  7. Mike

oh darn, I'm scheduled to clean the lint trap out the day the interview airs....

November 12, 2009 09:48 am at 9:48 am |
  8. joe blow

sounds like the puff interview i anticipated from opie. sarah palin is a clown.

November 12, 2009 09:49 am at 9:49 am |
  9. Pragmatic

Hope there will be some tough questions: The answers she gave to the easy questions about the newspapers she read, the Supreme Court decisions and the job of a VP were pretty embarrassing last year. Maybe there won't be any live turkeys slaughtered in the back ground.

November 12, 2009 09:49 am at 9:49 am |
  10. Kevin Leo (Jonesboro, GA)

I am soooo ready for this person to just go away!!!

November 12, 2009 09:49 am at 9:49 am |
  11. Rick McDaniel

Oprah likes to know as much as she can, about topics of interest to her viewers.

November 12, 2009 09:51 am at 9:51 am |
  12. Who put the twit in twitter? Sarah!

I wonder if Oprah asked her how she comes up with all those off-the-wall names for her kids. More drama from the Wasilla Hillbillies ?

November 12, 2009 09:52 am at 9:52 am |
  13. J.P.

Go easy hippies... you're looking at your next two-term president.
    Don't blow an O-ring.

November 12, 2009 09:53 am at 9:53 am |
  14. T'SAH from Virginia

I BETCHA Oprah did not ask the HARD QUESTIONS – Like, why did you say President Obama was "Palling around with terrorists" even though she knew that was not true!!!

Or, "why do you believe the 'small pockets of America' is where true Americans live only"???

So, now I am being forced to watch the show just to see how tough the questions really were... Oh DARN!!!

November 12, 2009 09:54 am at 9:54 am |
  15. Mark

Whoopee, great. We get to see Airhead Palin insert BOTH feet into her mouth this time.

November 12, 2009 09:54 am at 9:54 am |
  16. Nelson Colorado Springs Co.

Slow day for CNN

November 12, 2009 09:57 am at 9:57 am |
  17. Larry S

I look forward to the interview . . . it could be very interesting.

November 12, 2009 09:58 am at 9:58 am |
  18. Michael

How disappointing that Winfrey would endorse an anti-intellectual, self-serving flake like Palin. Not a good role model for women.

November 12, 2009 10:00 am at 10:00 am |
  19. Conti_59

Can't wait to see the interview. Oprah is phenomenal when it comes to talking to her guests. She's no nonsense and the Queen of morning talk shows. I hope she was able to get some simple truths and stay away from jibberish.

November 12, 2009 10:01 am at 10:01 am |
  20. wi liberal

But I wonder what Oprah would have said if she really spoke her truth!

November 12, 2009 10:02 am at 10:02 am |
  21. bill

Sarah Palin is an idiot who did not have the intelligence to write her own book without a ghost writer and Oprah is no better for having her on the show to promote the book.

November 12, 2009 10:02 am at 10:02 am |
  22. Jerry

I am sure the news spin will be how the big O chewed her up for he man BHO

November 12, 2009 10:02 am at 10:02 am |
  23. me happy- at 4:20 each day

Can somebody shut this woman up please!!! You pick which one.

November 12, 2009 10:05 am at 10:05 am |
  24. Tania

Wonder what Oprah's real thougts were about this. Like talking to a child? That's insulting to children, eh? Still - watching and listening to a train wreck.

November 12, 2009 10:06 am at 10:06 am |
  25. Debbie from VA

Another day another Palin report. My goodness why the obsession CNN? Isn't there any other political news? How is that Rangel investigation going?

November 12, 2009 10:07 am at 10:07 am |