November 12th, 2009

Palin, Winfrey talk about big interview

Oprah and Palin are revealing some details of their big interview.
Oprah and Palin are revealing some details of their big interview.

(CNN) - Sarah Palin enjoyed her highly-anticipated sit down with talk show host Oprah Winfrey so much that the two went "way over time," the former Alaska governor wrote on her Facebook Page.

But Palin gave few details of what the two discussed for more than hour, saying only that Winfrey was "very hospitable and gracious."

The former Republican vice presidential nominee also praised the show's studio audience, which she said was "full of warm, energized and (no doubt) curious viewers."

Meanwhile, Winfrey was a little more forthcoming with details of the interview, revealing in a Web video late Wednesday that the two "talked about everything."

"We talked about inside the campaign, what it felt like when she was first asked to be vice president. We talked about Bristol, the pregnancy. We talked about Trig, her baby. We talked about Levi Johnston. We talked about her marriage…there's nothing we didn't talk about."

The interview will air on Monday, a day before Palin's memoir "Going Rogue: An American Life" is released.

Follow Alex Mooney on Twitter @awmooneycnn

Filed under: Oprah Winfrey • Popular Posts • Sarah Palin
  1. mk

Smart women watch Oprah. We know that Palin is not fit for the office of President. She is a beauty queen, with rehearsed answers who can talk her way around some issues but she is not the brightest lit bulb. She is also a QUITTER and quitters never win.

November 12, 2009 10:07 am at 10:07 am |
  2. Carnell From The Motor City!

...And Yet There's More HypocriCNN, Wolf "Hound" Blitzer Sarah Palin Nonsense. There Is Great News, That "Bionic Bigot" Lou Dobb...Dobb...Dobbs Is Leaving CNN.

November 12, 2009 10:08 am at 10:08 am |
  3. killbucket

Oprah has an audience to please, and Sarah's a fool to give the interview...O will not want to risk trying to "rehab" Sarah, so that means only one light for the interview: Bad.

November 12, 2009 10:09 am at 10:09 am |
  4. Kate

Don't care what they discussed or what they talked about, I do not intended to watch Oprah, I give Oprah a "F" for continuing to give this woman any attention........just goes to show you they are both in it for the Money........Palin needs to go home to Alaska and take care of her family and stop wasting Americans time with her lies and her Hate......

November 12, 2009 10:10 am at 10:10 am |
  5. Oprah Fan

I, for one, think I will skip this episode. I don't think I could handle the imbalance of the conversation between Winfrey's keen intellect and Palin's empty brain. :-)

November 12, 2009 10:10 am at 10:10 am |
  6. Larry

Who Cares what Palin says

Palin is only trying to promote herself and a book she did not write

See Spot Run

See Spot chase Sally

See Sally laugh

A first grade reader would be more interesting than anything Palin might say

November 12, 2009 10:11 am at 10:11 am |
  7. Edgar

I usually do not watch Oprah, but kudos to her and Gov. Palin. I cant wait to see the interview.

November 12, 2009 10:12 am at 10:12 am |
  8. slipthalo

I heard last night this 'highly anticipated' book is all of 5 chapters long. Whoa, children's books are bigger than that.

November 12, 2009 10:13 am at 10:13 am |
  9. rita

Give it a rest she's toast, lost, not credible, liar, hate monger, loose canyon, way out there, twilight zone, and gone....if you don't know Canter is announcing to be the GOP select not you, Mrs Kiss of Death!

November 12, 2009 10:14 am at 10:14 am |
  10. ross berg-buffalo ny

Good for Sarah. It certainly will help hype sales of her book which I'm guessing is the primary reason she did it??

For her sake let's hope it's a far cry from the disasterous Katie Couric sessions!! Hard to imagine it could be that bad!!

November 12, 2009 10:14 am at 10:14 am |
  11. Steve from AK

Are you kidding me? Oprah and Sarah in the same room...what a sight to see! I am ALMOST tempted to watch the show....but have no fear, I am not going rogue.

November 12, 2009 10:18 am at 10:18 am |
  12. Mark

Palin will give Oprah a huge ratings boost.

November 12, 2009 10:18 am at 10:18 am |
  13. Hall

It appears that Oprah let this impersonator off the hook, I surely thought Oprah would pour that bucket of water on the wicked witch of Alaska.....

What really confuses me is that this THING from Alaska...... and even her followers seem to blame others for the way she's viewed by the MAJORITY of the population.....

I also heard Michelle (Second in Line Nut Case) Bachman accuse the Media of trying to destroy the wicked witch of Alaska...Remember a guy name John Edwards......?

This guy destroyed himself by HIS ACTIONS, maybe the thing from Alaska and her followers should think about what Sarah says and does in terms of how she's viewed by the Majority of the population..!

November 12, 2009 10:20 am at 10:20 am |
  14. J.C. - Independent 4 Public Option

Will General Petraeus sit tight looking at Palin run for the White House? I doubt it. It is too bad that he is totally not interested in running 2012. A ph.d. in international relations from the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs at Princeton University, he will be an ideal candidate for GOP any time. But I respect his decision for not running. I am sure many will draft him to run later. Where can you find a top diplomat with rigorous military training? That's why he could turn Iraq around.

November 12, 2009 10:22 am at 10:22 am |
  15. GWB2012

Sarah – Oprah wouldn't give you the time of day during the election. I think YOU are the gracious one. You're a class act, as I wouldn't give any media outlet the time of day if I were you. You go girl!

November 12, 2009 10:23 am at 10:23 am |
  16. G SMITH

I am sure Sarah Palin did a great job in the interview with Oprah. I know the loser liberals are going to say something hateful and negative about this interview because that is who they are. Sarah Palin is not going anywhere ,she is a force that will bring the Republican Party back into power for many years ahead

November 12, 2009 10:27 am at 10:27 am |
  17. K Garrod

WOW Oprah has lost it for sure, or as they say jumped the shark?
    I have lost a lot of respect for her with this coming interview. Palin is what is wrong with this country, too many people who only care about themselves and that goes for Oprah now. This is shocking considering she endorsed Obama. Yes i know we need to know our enemy, but come on do we really need to know more of this messed up loser. shame on you Oprah. shame on you.

November 12, 2009 10:27 am at 10:27 am |
  18. Fools and their freedoms are soon parted

Please, these two belong in the entertainment blog. They are both all about themselves.

November 12, 2009 10:27 am at 10:27 am |
  19. Casy

CNN

What is it with your obsession with Palin......

November 12, 2009 10:27 am at 10:27 am |
  20. ConsiderThis-FL

Did they also talk about the money that both of them are going to make, which is the reason for the interview in the first place? Oprah is a shrewd business woman and Palin is a gluttonous opportunist. "Cha-ching!"

November 12, 2009 10:28 am at 10:28 am |
  21. yen

I know that Oprah will conduct a fair and balanced interview. I can't wait to hear what Palin has to say . She will do alright if she stops blaming others for all the ills in her life.

November 12, 2009 10:29 am at 10:29 am |
  22. a canuck

Who cares ???

November 12, 2009 10:30 am at 10:30 am |
  23. nadine

This is the "monster" John McCain created and it blew up in his face!

November 12, 2009 10:31 am at 10:31 am |
  24. cindy

I am sure that Palin is a good mother, wife, hunter and all but she is not ready to lead this country. She knows how to stir things up to her advantage and get some of the people to maybe believe in her but I am not one who is buying into her way of thinking. I am glad that some of the viewers of the Oprah show got their wish that Oprah finally has given her the time of day. Now her book will sell like crazy and she can now get all the money that will be needed for her campaign in the not so distant future. One thing I will give her credit for is that she can do math exceptionally well. The people of Alaska should be proud that their ex govenor gave up and decided to fatten her pocket book instead.

November 12, 2009 10:31 am at 10:31 am |
  25. victim of republican greed

Hopefully Palin will point out what a moron John McCain was for picking her as a running mate.

November 12, 2009 10:31 am at 10:31 am |