November 13th, 2009
  1. Baby Boomer

I kinda like the human interest stories on the ticker every now and then. Nothing wrong with a little break from the very heavy issues that dominate this site the majority of the time.

Good to see Mrs. Clinton in a light hearted moment...

November 13, 2009 05:28 pm at 5:28 pm |
  2. mjm

WOW.....they are really putting the Sec of State to work.

Why didn't she go on the Asian trip?

I think she jumped to conclusion when Obama asked her to be her secretary..............he didn't say anything about state.

November 13, 2009 05:30 pm at 5:30 pm |
  3. Walter G

The bill Mrs. Palin is refering to was over $50,000.00 as I seen it with my own eye's. The McCain Official needs to quit lying. His lies will not slow down the large amout of sales this book will generate.

November 13, 2009 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  4. Bob in Pa

Someone is breathing a big sigh of relief, counting their blessings they didn't fall into that trap.

November 13, 2009 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  5. P Wo

It KILLS the Republicans when NO ONE is paying attention to them and their FAILED agenda.

So when CNN reports this they just HAVE to have a cow over it.

How very predictable

November 13, 2009 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  6. Obama Will Prevail

Common on Repugs cue your hatred for a REAL strong woman..
    And quit with the Obama Socialist thing so OLD news...he was handed
    a big, hot piling heap of dog poo and expected to make creme brulee in two weeks...I'm giving him time and have already seen the changes in our country and the economy...but the Repugs CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH...

Go back to supporting the likes of Carrie -playswithherself- Prejean.......and the other one who can see Alaska from her house

November 13, 2009 05:39 pm at 5:39 pm |
  7. TJ

I love Hillary! Apparently, many of the people in other countries that she visits love her, too, and the young people like to ask her questions like this one. Last time a question like this was asked was in an Asian country, I believe, as well. She is free, easy, authentic, and can relate well to young people.

November 13, 2009 05:40 pm at 5:40 pm |
  8. Carlos

It was a orange crush and a bearclaw.

November 13, 2009 05:42 pm at 5:42 pm |
  9. slp

LacrosseDad.

Hahahahahahahahah! That is a good one!

November 13, 2009 05:43 pm at 5:43 pm |
  10. Dan

What's the matter, are you afraid of a strong and smart conservative woman? No, show me one! ha ha, that's a joke. Remember jokes?

I'm sure there are lots of smart conservative women its just that Palin isn't one of them. Anyone that thinks Sarah Palin is smart, isn't too smart themselves. If she is the slvation of the Republican Party, bring her on. Personally, I think she'll get her head handed to her in a national campaign...again.

November 13, 2009 05:44 pm at 5:44 pm |
  11. Walter G

Obama's Broken Promises:

Broken promise No. 1: 'Sunlight Before Signing'

Broken promise No. 2: Capital gains tax elimination

Broken promise No. 3: New American jobs tax credit

Broken promise No. 4: Hiatus on 401(k) penalties

Broken promise No. 5: 'No jobs for lobbyists'

Broken promise No. 6: Earmark reform

Broken promise No. 7: Bring troops home in 16 months

Broken promise No. 8: Sign 'Freedom of Choice Act'

Broken promise No. 9: $4,000 college credit

Broken promise No. 10: Transparency

Broken promise No. 11: Executive signing statements

And counting!

November 13, 2009 05:44 pm at 5:44 pm |
  12. Tommygunn

Very personable and human....I wish more of our Political leaders would do that....on both sides.....taking out the hate and bickering...

November 13, 2009 05:47 pm at 5:47 pm |
  13. Barbara

What a pleasant and charming interlude with Mrs. Clinton. It's nice to see that she is able to be relaxed and have a bit of fun with her audience and they with her. Maybe we are getting to the time when a woman in an important position doesn't have to be stern and driven every second and not lose her status. More of the old double standard is crumbling – finally!

November 13, 2009 05:47 pm at 5:47 pm |
  14. Austin Native

It's interesting how many of the sexist comments are from so called "men." What really drives your force to hate Hillary so much? I think I know. You men hate women in general. You fear women who are emotionally stronger and intellectually smarter than you. If you are so smart, what kind of job do you hold right now? Is it more prestigious than
    Hillary's? I doubt it.

November 13, 2009 05:47 pm at 5:47 pm |
  15. John Q.

What happened to journalistic integrity?
    Is anyone else tired of being fed B.S. ?
    The Media should be packaged and given out in Happy Meals.

November 13, 2009 05:48 pm at 5:48 pm |
  16. Manny

I do not understand how individuals take this blog as a true news story. IT'S A TICKER!!! It's simple, quick-hitting, fluff topics that get people talking for a bit. Is this real journalism – no! But it wasn't intended to be considered true news. But again the people upset by this ticker are the same that swear by FOX News.

November 13, 2009 05:50 pm at 5:50 pm |
  17. Kevin Regalado

Who doesnt have a crush according to Hillary Clinton, she is speaking the truth putting it as it is. She is definitely one dreamy lady.

November 13, 2009 05:50 pm at 5:50 pm |
  18. gail

Bush took 3 months to decide on the surge. What hypocrites, some people are. Sending someone else's loved ones into harm's way is serous, would that President Bush took it seriously my family would not be a Gold Star family.

November 13, 2009 05:51 pm at 5:51 pm |
  19. jmf

that's really cute.. & I just googled Fabian – what a hottie!

November 13, 2009 05:52 pm at 5:52 pm |
  20. jmf

omg i just read some of the comments.. i mean seriously people have you nothing better to do then troll Hillary "leave your comment" sections!

November 13, 2009 05:54 pm at 5:54 pm |
  21. manhandler

When are we ever gonna get tired enough of the nasty, bitter, haters that populate the comments below.

November 13, 2009 05:59 pm at 5:59 pm |
  22. Anthony

The fact that she had a crush makes her what..... A normal person? WHY is this something we're paying this much attention to? It's not as if a crush is going to kill her political agenda or the like. I'm pretty sure she has other crushes, like on movie stars. But they are c r u s h e s. HARMLESS!!!! Jeeze, really. How slow was the news day...?

November 13, 2009 06:04 pm at 6:04 pm |
  23. schlonglik

Oooo ... this makes me weak!

November 13, 2009 06:10 pm at 6:10 pm |
  24. normajean

I think every woman has had a crush on some unattainable man in her life and as Hillary Clinton says, it doesnt make any difference what age you are.I can say this because nobody I know will see it, but I'm an old lady and I have a tremendous crush on Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse. Isn't that wild.. What about you guys? Do you also call it a crush if some cute girl gets stuck in your brain and you can't get her out? This is what we need these days, more love and less hate. Let's "alert the media".

November 13, 2009 06:11 pm at 6:11 pm |
  25. ANDROLOMA, Commerce City, Colorado

Mick Jagger? Wasn't he the child molester who had carnal relations with a prepubescent Mackenzie Phillips, after her father had broken her in?

Celebrities, ultimately, are disgusting. Especially Jagger.

November 13, 2009 06:12 pm at 6:12 pm |