November 13th, 2009

Palin to visit Fort Hood during book tour

Palin will visit the Army base in early December.
Palin will visit the Army base in early December.

WASHINGTON (CNN) – Sarah Palin will travel to the Fort Hood Army post in early December as part of her national book tour, Palin's publisher confirmed to CNN Friday.

The December 4 visit will come roughly one month after a mass shooting on the base that left 13 people dead and 38 wounded.

The stop, which had not been previously announced, is scheduled for the same day Palin signs books at a store in in the Dallas area.

The former Alaska governor is also making an appearance at Fort Bragg in North Carolina during her tour.

The visit was first reported by the Wall Street Journal.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. Laura

Well here we go again....got the dingbat with the 14 kids that needs to show her need to be a mommy, to start going away...Kate (and Jon) is slowing subsiding her need to be the bossy, public mommy.. now stupid, lying Palin is back at it......the only way I can see 2012 ending in world distruction is if Palin somehow gets in office.....its sad that she is planning on going to Ft. Hood..these poor people have been thru an awful thing..they sure don't Palen there trying to talk and be funny when she makes absolutely no sense...and if she can get on base being a no-body..I want admittance also,,,,,

November 13, 2009 04:58 pm at 4:58 pm |
  2. FedUp

What an opportunist!

November 13, 2009 04:59 pm at 4:59 pm |
  3. Mike in Dallas

I'll have to check when she is visiting Dallas on her pocket-lining tour. I want to be sure to wear my boots because there will be so much BS spilling into the streets that I will need some protection.

November 13, 2009 04:59 pm at 4:59 pm |
  4. JM in NY

Absolutely ridiculous that an Army base allows this – just sickening. This is a for-profit book tour. Using this tragedy to sell books is beyond disgusting.

November 13, 2009 05:02 pm at 5:02 pm |
  5. mjm

Vietnam Combat Veteran, Ohio November 13th, 2009 4:24 pm ET

Maybe she can pimp her daughters!
    _______________

You wish....Dirt bag.

November 13, 2009 05:02 pm at 5:02 pm |
  6. Keith in CA

After Rush Limbaugh and Liz Cheney criticized President Obama for saluting fallen soldiers at Dover AFB, going so far as to call it a photo-op, why haven't they been equally critical of Palin's blatant exploitation of a tragedy for personal financial gain? There is a huge difference between the Commander in Chief honoring fallen soldiers returning from battle and a political quitter trying to hawk her book.
    As a veteran, I'm outraged and disgusted by Palin, a soulless bottom feeder.

November 13, 2009 05:03 pm at 5:03 pm |
  7. Reno of NV

There are plenty of reasons that Sarah Palin makes us DEM (no, I am not DEM anymore) scared. No one will waste time on fighting or make fun of an Idiot. Instead, they will trash, twist and destore the facts, destroy and attack some one who has the gut to do the right things. But all you SO CALLED JOURNALISTS, IS THIS BIASED COVERAGE WILL DO OUR COUNTRY GOOD? Look at OBAMA, HE IS FAR MORE WORSE THAN I EXPECTED.

SARAH Palin is real. She is one of us. She is a Washington Outsider. She achieved a lot during her one / two years as Alaska Governor. She is tough on Corruption. Yet she is fun and attractive. She delivered very very effective and rhetoric speeches too.

I once watched her speech in CARSON CITY, NV. I was so thrilled by her motivated speech. But not many people had a chance to watch it BECAUSE THE BIASED MSM jumped on the wagaband of OBAMA and didn't report her speech much.

I will vote for the REPUB CANDIDATE TO PROTEST THE MSM FOR SUCH BIASED REPORTING. PERIOD.

November 13, 2009 05:05 pm at 5:05 pm |
  8. MonkeyBizz

i hope she talks about turning a blind eye while Levi was statutorily raping her underaged daughter.

November 13, 2009 05:05 pm at 5:05 pm |
  9. Catherine

Yeah, kick people when they're down and make a buck doing it, that's the Republican way (and of course lie about it afterwards).

As for the comment regarding Obama's tour of the "57 states", are you suggesting as well-educated as he is that Obama doesn't know how many states there are? FYI, he was referring to the 50 states and our 7 territories (do YOU know what they are?).

November 13, 2009 05:06 pm at 5:06 pm |
  10. g

they should have to get clearence first, noboby realy knows what deal she made behind closed doors with the chinese,no body knows how far,or how low she would stoop for a buck

November 13, 2009 05:08 pm at 5:08 pm |
  11. Alex

Anyone else think its BS that the AP "Miss Printed" 500,000 aposed to 50,000? Press and their sbs freedom. The Palin stuff i could care less about.

November 13, 2009 05:08 pm at 5:08 pm |
  12. Kel

If she's going to Fort Hood for anything other than praising the soldiers and giving sincere sympathy for those who were killed and their loved ones I for one will be repulsed.

I hope she won't shamelessly promote her book, or use it as a pulpit to incite her politics. That would be insulting and insensitive at a time when people are greiving. I hope she will do the right thing and not do this.

Furthermore, I don't understand why she's going there. It makes sense for Obama since he's the president and the commander-in-chief. Palin is... Well I'm not sure how she relates to the tradegy at Ft. Hood. She isn't involved in the military and isn't an official that is directly related to this or a family member or part of the community. It doesn't make sense to me.

Also, I don't hate Palin. She's not my favorite person and I was scared of her because she would have potentially been a heart beat away from the presidency. And she has consistently proven she's not qualified. But I don't hate her. But those admonishing others for their "hatred" of Palin are being hypocritical, when they profess their hatred for Obama. How can you say don't hate on Palin, but then turn around and call Obama a thug or similar? It amazes me how ugly people can get.

November 13, 2009 05:09 pm at 5:09 pm |
  13. DawnL,CA

CNN..Why do you have Palin on your posts everyday???? She will never be Pres., she will never be dog-catcher. She is a quitter. STOP WITH THE PALIN INFO. I DON'T CARE!!!!!

November 13, 2009 05:09 pm at 5:09 pm |
  14. Average guy in Kansas

Sadly, Ms. Palin has confirmed she is a shamless oportunist who will do anything for a buck. The woman has no sense of shame, nor does she have the dignity to let those in mourning at Ft. Hood have their time to grieve.

With Christmas approaching December will be a tough enough time for many families there.

Please, Ms. Palin, leave them alone.

November 13, 2009 05:09 pm at 5:09 pm |
  15. SJS

She is the like H1N1 will not go away!

November 13, 2009 05:10 pm at 5:10 pm |
  16. Laura

In regards to wrongkidofchange's comment.... I am almost 60 yrs old...I work full time, provide for my own insurance, pay my taxes, pay attention to what is happening in my country and others.....I support those who I feel deserves supporting...I will not support an idiot like Palin...I am not scared of palin, I am scared because of Palin,,,,I volunteer my time, I help those in need, I do not use public assistance but I do help those who are in dire times learn about their resources...so all of us Palin haters are not bad people, or useless Americans or foreigners or anything else you could try to use for your jusdification,,,,,of supporting her...John McCain made a hugh mistake by taking her into his camp...now she thinks she is important and we can't get rid of her....

November 13, 2009 05:10 pm at 5:10 pm |
  17. Slappy White

Despicable, money-grabbing witch.
    Haven't those poor people been through enough?

November 13, 2009 05:11 pm at 5:11 pm |
  18. CHAT

are we more safer under this guy OBAMA? Terrorist attact inside our troop unit? Unbelievable. But no many people are willing to face the reality though. They try to give him a pass during the election, after the election ... even till now. we are all sleeping ... yeah.

he has no clue. he hardly made any decisions when he was in the senate. HOW CAN WE DEPEND ON HIM TO ACT LIKE A PRESIDENT??? joke.

November 13, 2009 05:12 pm at 5:12 pm |
  19. Mickey

WrongKindofChange-November 13th, 2009 4:36 pm ET:

You stand for hatred, fear, and bigotry...nothing else.

...I feel sorry for you...

November 13, 2009 05:16 pm at 5:16 pm |
  20. Adalbert

Why is this stupid person in the news all the time? We are sick of seeing her.

November 13, 2009 05:16 pm at 5:16 pm |
  21. CHAT

CNN failed to include that the Ft. Hood officials insisted that Sarah Palin still visit.

November 13, 2009 05:18 pm at 5:18 pm |
  22. midnight rambler

She should TOTALLY go – there'll still be cameras there, and it'll be an excellent way to plug her book and move some units. Plus, she can wear that "Patriot" sweatshirt she had, just in case anyone didn't already know she was "Patriotic-y". (wink)

November 13, 2009 05:19 pm at 5:19 pm |
  23. QACoach

I would like to know who approves of a civilian ego-maniac visiting an Army post. We've already had one nut show up at Ft Hood. We don't need another!

November 13, 2009 05:20 pm at 5:20 pm |
  24. diridi

Is it to say she has Army experience????this lady is a nut, idiot...and crazy....

November 13, 2009 05:20 pm at 5:20 pm |
  25. gee

She is real. She connects to ordinary people. She understands politics. She is tough and brilliant.

November 13, 2009 05:22 pm at 5:22 pm |