November 13th, 2009

Palin to visit Fort Hood during book tour

Palin will visit the Army base in early December.
Palin will visit the Army base in early December.

WASHINGTON (CNN) – Sarah Palin will travel to the Fort Hood Army post in early December as part of her national book tour, Palin's publisher confirmed to CNN Friday.

The December 4 visit will come roughly one month after a mass shooting on the base that left 13 people dead and 38 wounded.

The stop, which had not been previously announced, is scheduled for the same day Palin signs books at a store in in the Dallas area.

The former Alaska governor is also making an appearance at Fort Bragg in North Carolina during her tour.

The visit was first reported by the Wall Street Journal.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. Gonzo in Houston

Heaven help me, but Sister Sarah is by far the most entertaining thing on the political scene today. She's sort of like Spiro Agnew in the Nixon administration. I would not vote for this woman for dog-catcher (moose-catcher?), but I crack up reading of her blatant self-promotion.

Taking advantage of a tragedy like this to hawk her book and draw attention to herself is a new low, even for contemporary politicians.

November 13, 2009 05:25 pm at 5:25 pm |
  2. Bob in Pa

Sarah haters of the World unite !

...Then just go find yourself another Sarah free nation somewhere else.

@me <-LOL

November 13, 2009 05:25 pm at 5:25 pm |
  3. Stu- SW Florida

Just what ever became of the family she QUIT being Governor to spend more time with. Do they connect with Twitter?

This oportunistic "woman" is so predictable.

November 13, 2009 05:27 pm at 5:27 pm |
  4. DJ

Carpet -bagger, profit at the expense of the victims...anything to sell books or rile up her extremist base consumed with hate

November 13, 2009 05:30 pm at 5:30 pm |
  5. pc

Palin, go home and raise Trig and your young daughter!

November 13, 2009 05:30 pm at 5:30 pm |
  6. DC Dunne

Another populist wanna be that wilted when the pressure was on. Speaking as a Texan, we don't need any more media darlings posing for photo ops. Leave the spotlight to the families who have lost so much. Don't Mess With Texas!

November 13, 2009 05:40 pm at 5:40 pm |
  7. Gator from Florida

I am a proud card carrying member of the hate palin political party, and the hate bachman political party and the hate rush political party, etc. And I do not appologize to anyone for belonging. Because unlike the teabaggers I am a true American, who loves his country and wants better for it. And unlike the rushpublicans I don't have to peddle fear and lies to get my point across. And unlike Sarah "frat hoe" Palin I am not willing to pimp my family, country and beliefs for alittle bit of coin. I prefer to keep my dignity something she has lost many years ago. Also I have an IQ of 141 and respect intelligence too much to bite for that phony "aw shucks" hillbilly queen.

November 13, 2009 05:40 pm at 5:40 pm |
  8. James Pfeiffer

This woman is incredible for her blatant megamania. She is a perfect example of how idiocy in this country can actually turn itself into money. Intelligence and class don't seem to matter in our shallow "reality" TV world. If dumb and blind interest in the meaningless is what we've come to...then Palin is like a duck in the water.

November 13, 2009 05:44 pm at 5:44 pm |
  9. Joe Terrogano

20 years from now, this book will not be remembered or referred to. It will not be a historical tome or an English literature subject of study. It will be the ramblings of a woman who tried to capitalize on a mistake by John McCain and his campaign. Any of you who really think Sarah Palin is a "leader" and stands any chance of becoming President need to have a reality check.

November 13, 2009 05:46 pm at 5:46 pm |
  10. Pam

She's using Fort Hood to peddle her book? Disgusting.

November 13, 2009 05:46 pm at 5:46 pm |
  11. mario mtl ca

Dangerous mind

November 13, 2009 05:48 pm at 5:48 pm |
  12. Joe Terrogano

Part 2

Sarah Palin has not earned the right to infringe upon the grief of the families of the victims of this tragedy.

November 13, 2009 05:49 pm at 5:49 pm |
  13. ~~ July ~~ ( Working HARD to make TX Blue )

People are hurting as it is .... they don't need this downer on them

November 13, 2009 05:54 pm at 5:54 pm |
  14. Jim

How insulting to Americans and to our military that Ms. Palin wants to boost her political career and book sales by visiting Ft. Hood at this sensitive moment. This is such a cheap trick and obvious publicity stunt! Even her hard-core supporters will object to this visit.

November 13, 2009 05:55 pm at 5:55 pm |
  15. laughing in alaska

To Mark B.

You wrote:

"Because she understands what it means to be a leader. She understands what sacrifice and committment mean. Things are current president don't even know exist."

I live in Alaska & I don't see a leader. Her sacrifice & committment is to herself when she left Alaskans for the glory of being VP without a Lt. Governor and then leaving her elected seat to make money and do her beauty contestant walk & turns.

She commits to money & the spotlight & sacrifices truth.

Please explain your definition of:

Leader
    Sacrifice
    Committment

you might want to consult a dictionary

November 13, 2009 06:04 pm at 6:04 pm |
  16. Anthony

Ooh! I saw that book for sale on the picture box for $5.99!!! Looks like it hit the bargain bin already, and that was the first time I even saw the book.

November 13, 2009 06:07 pm at 6:07 pm |
  17. Sandra,Atlanta

To Wrong Kind of Change:
    First of all, I don't hate Palin or anyone else. However, the very thought of her being near the Presidency would keep me up at night. She is so impressed with herself she can't see anything else.

And as for your stupid comments about people who don't believe she is qualifed for a dog catcher's position, I have been working and supporting myself since I was 12 years old so you should be careful about your assumptions. I grew up on a farm and we all worked. Forty plus years later, I'm still working. As a matter of fact, many of the people where I grew up are hard core republicans because they are in love with their guns....not work and being self sufficient. You should try to grasp the notion that it's about individuals and their initiative instead of what their political or religious beliefs are.

People like you need to get a grip and quit making wild assumptions about people who don't believe in everything the Repulicans spew. You don't know me so what do you think gives you the right to judge me or anyone else. Many of us spend our time working and making a living and not name calling and insulting hard working folks intelligence. You are indeed what is wrong with this country today.

November 13, 2009 06:08 pm at 6:08 pm |
  18. marc

As much as i don't like her, she does have family (son) in the military. So she has business there too, like any military family would.

November 13, 2009 06:10 pm at 6:10 pm |
  19. They call me "tater salad"

This know nothing's ego is so BIG that she actually thinks a visit to Ft. Hood from her is somehow relevant to someone! What will she say when she gets there? Something stupid, or untrue, to be sure! Maybe something along the lines of " Obama and Hassan were golfing buddies back in Kenya"?

November 13, 2009 06:10 pm at 6:10 pm |
  20. Willy Brown

She will be there to support the troops not a photo op like the Ego in Chief did.

November 13, 2009 06:12 pm at 6:12 pm |
  21. Wow!

Sarah Palin is GREAT. Can't wait to read her book, which should be arriving shortly at my house.

As for you left-wing Liberal needy-children-disguised-as-grown-ups - GO POUND SAND!

November 13, 2009 06:13 pm at 6:13 pm |
  22. R.I.P. Damon

As someone in the Army who lost a brother to combat, equating former Governor Palin's trip to Ft. Hood as a "tragedy" equal to the despicable acts of Malik Hassan is offensive and repulsive. It's no secret that most liberals HATE this woman for no reason other than she's a conservative Republican who stands up for herself and her values, but this goes way beyond the pale of partisan bickering and name calling. Then again, below the belt insults against Palin are nothing new. Seeing how her oldest son is in the service and recently returned from a deployment in Iraq, I sincerely doubt she would use this opportunity to promote herself over paying her respects to the victims of last week's cowardly attack.

November 13, 2009 06:15 pm at 6:15 pm |
  23. islanderata

There ain't an Obamist here that can point out one flaw in Palin. All comments are snarky and have no basis in reality. The Obamist here are panicked for one reason and one reason only, and it is that she is going to run your half-witted, treasonous, racist, Marxist community organizer out office office in less than three years.

November 13, 2009 06:16 pm at 6:16 pm |
  24. Rocky

I expect her to bring Carrie Prejean and Miss South Carolina along for the complete "THREE STOOGES ROADSHOW".....

All three are the greatest insult to intelligence.....

All three have a book to promote.....

All three are loser beauty queen wannabees....

Gosh how I hope their car gets a flat tire in some small hicksville in Texas....lots of Bubba's who'd like to help change their tire.

November 13, 2009 06:23 pm at 6:23 pm |
  25. Michelle

Oh goody. The woman who supports more war, and thus, more killings, will go and offer her support. And Debbie, Palin did actually tell Charlie Gibson that you can see Russia from a point in Alaska (true) when asked about her foreign policy experience. So SNL used that and made a joke. Get over it. Palin is a ditz, and she should not be allowed on these bases any more than any other civilian author would be welcome. Who does she think she is?

And to "me" down there, yes, we can back up everything we type. Go to Huffington Post and you can read "The First 10Llies in Palin's Book" and more will follow, because she has been lying since the first day we heard her..."I said "NO" to that bridge" (No, you did not, and you took the cash. "I started a pipeline" No you did not, and it has yet to even be approved. "I am stepping down as Governor to spend more time with my family." Ha, that one doesn't even need a fact check.

And islanderata, get your facts straight. President Obama went to Dover to honor our soldiers, something Bush couldn't bother about ONCE in 7 years. He did not go as a photo op, did not TAKE the press there, and for God's sake, if the President goes somewhere it's probably important. I guess had he gone in the middle of the night and made a huge secret about it, you'd be clamoring that he doesn't respect the troops or is trying to hide the caskets (which was another Bush idea.). He's shown more respect and care for the troops already than Bush and Cheney ever did. Support the troops? Bring them home.

November 13, 2009 06:26 pm at 6:26 pm |