November 15th, 2009

Clinton: No truth to rumor she is considering New York gov run

(CNN) - Secretary of State Hillary Clinton used no diplomatic doublespeak Sunday when asked about a rumor she was considering a run for governor of New York next year.

"No, no," she said on the ABC program "This Week," adding: "I hope maybe we can put it to rest today."

Clinton said she was committed to her job in President Barack Obama's Cabinet, adding it was "an extraordinarily important time to be secretary of state for our country."

"That rumor is dead," Clinton said. "If you could please put it in a little box and send it off somewhere, I'd appreciate it."

Filed under: Hillary Clinton • New York
  1. Willy Brown

She's a liar and a Clinton so I expect her to run.

November 15, 2009 01:24 pm at 1:24 pm |
  2. Joan

She is doing a fantastic job as Secretary of State. She and President Obama seem to be getting along really well and respect each other a lot. She is correct in saying that this is an important time to have this position. She can do so much more good in this job than she ever could as governor. Andrew Cuomo will be a great governor anyway.

November 15, 2009 01:48 pm at 1:48 pm |
  3. grammi

I wish someone would put Hillary in a box and put her on a shelf; oh, and make enough room for Bill and Chelsea. I dislike them so much...I think I need therapy (tee hee).

November 15, 2009 01:49 pm at 1:49 pm |
  4. Don, Upstate NY

Marion/Alabama, Seriously?? Do you know her? I've never heard her lie about any "past announcements." She has always left an opening if something were a possibility. Don't be a bitter hater.

November 15, 2009 02:30 pm at 2:30 pm |
  5. snowflake

Here's an idea! Put the idea in a box and send it priorty mail to Sara Palin! Sara is so capable of "drumming up some figment of her imagination", I'm sure she could somehow manage to become a "resident" of New York, and take the City by storm! Oh, and by the way - she will need the GOP political machine of New York to buy her a whole new wardrobe, hair accessories, make-up, and other "beauty perks" to make herself look good during the campaign!!

November 15, 2009 03:04 pm at 3:04 pm |
  6. C Spurgeon

I think she is great at whatever job she chooses. Go hillary.

November 15, 2009 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |