November 15th, 2009

Obama adviser won't be buying Palin's new book

David Axelrod tells CNN that he'll borrow a copy of former Gov. Palin's new book.

(CNN) – “Going Rogue,” the forthcoming memoir of former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin may already be a bestseller but the former Republican vice presidential nominee won’t be getting a royalty from one Democratic politico.

“I think I’ll borrow [former Obama campaign manager David] Plouffe’s copy,” Axelrod said in an interview that aired Sunday on CNN’s State of the Union, “I don’t see why we both have to buy one.

“Once he’s done with it maybe he can summarize it for me or lend it to me and I’ll give it a look.”

Asked whether he thought President Obama wants to read Palin’s new book, Axelrod chuckled and said “I think the president’s pretty busy right now. I don’t know that that’s on his immediate reading list.

“He’s reading reams of papers related to the many issues that he has to confront so I’m not sure that will be at the top of his list right now.”

This is not the first time that Axelrod has expressed a lack of interest in all things Palin. Back in July, on the eve of Palin resigning as Alaska’s governor, Axelrod said he did not spend time thinking the former Republican vice presidential hopeful’s next move.

“I can tell you with absolutely honesty,” Axelrod said in July, “that when I sit around with my political friends . . . there’s very little or no discussion of Sarah Palin.”

“And I really have no idea what Gov. Palin is going to do,” the Obama aide told CNN Chief National Correspondent John King. “She’s entering private life now. We wish her well and it’s up to her to decide what role she’s going to play in the future. She’s got plenty of advice, I’m sure. She doesn’t need mine.

Upated: 1:35 p.m.

1. a canuck

Shucks...I thought it was going to be a comic book !!!!!

November 15, 2009 01:01 pm at 1:01 pm |
  2. pa. independent

I won't buy it even when it's in the dollar bin!

November 15, 2009 01:07 pm at 1:07 pm |
  3. g

palin supporters remind me of the movie [the night of the living dead]

November 15, 2009 01:09 pm at 1:09 pm |
  4. Michele

Once he summarizes it for you, I doubt you'll need to bother. The early reports are that it's all about her, and nothing of substance regarding a world view or policy.

November 15, 2009 01:11 pm at 1:11 pm |
  5. JD in Moraga

As much as I love fiction, I won't be buying it either.

November 15, 2009 01:11 pm at 1:11 pm |
  6. Ken in NC

I wonder if Sarah is going to read it. It should not be much of a challange because there are about 14 pages of pictures in the book. She should be able to speed read them. Then she can add that to the list of books she has read or she can start one plus it would give her some idea of what she has been doing all these years.

November 15, 2009 01:14 pm at 1:14 pm |
  7. Tear Down the GOP Orange Curtain CA

As if she even wrote the book? I doubt she even knows what's in it, why would anyone even bother to read it. Like when Tom Ridge said quotes in his own book were not even true. Amazing...write a book on lies to make money , then claim after the book is published that info in their own book is not true.

November 15, 2009 01:14 pm at 1:14 pm |
  8. Jonathan

"Going Rogue" a bestseller? LMAO! Are people that desperate to read about Sarah Palin? On the bright side, perhaps it makes their life seem all the better.

November 15, 2009 01:16 pm at 1:16 pm |
  9. Martie

"Instead of purchasing his own, Obama adviser David Axelrod tells CNN he will borrow the much anticipated book from another veteran of the Obama campaign." Only CNN would publish such crap. Way to go Fiberals. This is news.... You guys are really scared and are saying anything, writing anything and just behaving like real idiots aren't you??? Why don't you concentrate on what matters – like trying the terrorists in NYC or something with a little meaning to it??? But no... here you guys go at it again... What a joke CNN is becoming!! More like a tabloid in my humble opinion!! But I'm sure enough Dems will weigh in on this stupid report to make it worth your while won't they???

November 15, 2009 01:17 pm at 1:17 pm |
  10. A.B.

I applaud David Axelrod for not buying Sarah Palin's book thereby, contributing to her monetary fortune. I will follow suit and not by her book. I do not think its worth reading.

November 15, 2009 01:17 pm at 1:17 pm |
  11. jane

I only hope Sarah is sharing her book royalties with CNN in exchange for their generous advertising.

November 15, 2009 01:19 pm at 1:19 pm |
  12. Mike Dallas

Sorry Ax, but after David "reads" missy's book, all the pages will have been colored in.

November 15, 2009 01:22 pm at 1:22 pm |
  13. Nonstimulated & unemployed

Apparently Axelrod is a fiscal conservative after all.

November 15, 2009 01:22 pm at 1:22 pm |
  14. Willy Brown

Of course he who buy it. It's not a pop up book.

November 15, 2009 01:22 pm at 1:22 pm |
  15. David

Ah, c'mon Mr. Axlerod, buy a copy – you may run out of toilet paper one day.

November 15, 2009 01:23 pm at 1:23 pm |
  16. Perusing-through

GOOD ADVICE AXE,

I have no interest in reading the words of a liar and hypocrite like Palin. Think about it, this is the same idiot that tried to rile up violent passions from wing-nut extremist by falsely claiming Obama "pal around with terrorists". If I ever need to reference a quote from the book, I'll borrow it from a knuckle dragging idiotic Limbaugh ditto-head.

November 15, 2009 01:27 pm at 1:27 pm |
  17. SOL

AxelGrease, everyone knows that you can't read. If it don't have pictures, you are lost.

November 15, 2009 01:27 pm at 1:27 pm |
  18. SkiDoc

Who gives a flying flip what Axelrod says about her book? Would anyone in the mainstream media have ever commented about a Bush official commenting similarly on one of the "O" tomes?

November 15, 2009 01:28 pm at 1:28 pm |
  19. C. Farrell, Houston, Tx

Reading Palin's book is old news when the news is Palin continues to destroy herself as well as the Republican party every day; so that should sum up her book. Palin's rushing to make money because there is more to come out about her and she will be sued for her lies in this book.

November 15, 2009 01:30 pm at 1:30 pm |
  20. Bassman

Did the media take a look at Sarah's "soft introduction" to her book and decide they were not going to ALLOW it? Gov. Palin's first interviews are with Oprah and Barbara Walters, which mean't we would see softer questions. Is it possible our media is so corrupt they decided to report portions of the book they felt Oprah would not ask about? And in doing so the first thing Americans heard about this book are negative. We already know the AP has lied about this book.

November 15, 2009 01:33 pm at 1:33 pm |
  21. I am the flacid and powerless wizard of Rush

Just a thought:

The 2012 election is three years (1000 plus days) away. How does Sarah stay relevant? Are we prepared for three years of 24/7 Palin, the political version of Octomom?

November 15, 2009 01:33 pm at 1:33 pm |
  22. suz

The only thing she excells in, is ignorance. She has nothing intelligent to say about any issue of significance. She is loved by those who tend to believe in all the fibs and stories she makes up. God help us all if she becomes a leader by hook or crook.

November 15, 2009 01:33 pm at 1:33 pm |
  23. Tommie

Why does the media(in all of its forms give any press and/or attention to Palin?She clearly is ignorant of many,many political issues as well as having a religious outlook that borders on the insane and the ridculous!My only guess is that her idiocy is exciting to some,at least in terms of news. However,given the attention as well as the excitment towards Palin by some only deepens my despair on the true stupidity of so many in this country that they would, for one minute, give her any seriousness as a political candidate of any kind! Oh the humanity!

November 15, 2009 01:35 pm at 1:35 pm |
  24. Republican Turned Democrat

Definitely, not even for a "penny" that i will buy the Palin book. And, i won't even spend a second to check on the book. What else is there to read??? Let's just wait until 2012, when we will have all the "fun" and laughs just listening to her talk...ha, ha, ha, ha.

November 15, 2009 01:37 pm at 1:37 pm |
  25. Razorback

It took until almost 1:00 but here's the CNN bloggers' daily chance to show which is the party of hate and intolerance. Hint: it's NOT the Republicans, Repugs, Rethugs, Repukes or Repulbikkans!
    BTW: Sarah Palin has a lot more support on this board than you see-I can't get anything out of moderation and I'm sure there there are many others like me!

November 15, 2009 01:39 pm at 1:39 pm |