November 15th, 2009

Obama adviser won't be buying Palin's new book

David Axelrod tells CNN that he'll borrow a copy of former Gov. Palin's new book.

(CNN) – “Going Rogue,” the forthcoming memoir of former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin may already be a bestseller but the former Republican vice presidential nominee won’t be getting a royalty from one Democratic politico.

Instead of purchasing his own, Obama adviser David Axelrod tells CNN he will borrow the much anticipated book from another veteran of the Obama campaign.

“I think I’ll borrow [former Obama campaign manager David] Plouffe’s copy,” Axelrod said in an interview that aired Sunday on CNN’s State of the Union, “I don’t see why we both have to buy one.

“Once he’s done with it maybe he can summarize it for me or lend it to me and I’ll give it a look.”

Asked whether he thought President Obama wants to read Palin’s new book, Axelrod chuckled and said “I think the president’s pretty busy right now. I don’t know that that’s on his immediate reading list.

“He’s reading reams of papers related to the many issues that he has to confront so I’m not sure that will be at the top of his list right now.”

This is not the first time that Axelrod has expressed a lack of interest in all things Palin. Back in July, on the eve of Palin resigning as Alaska’s governor, Axelrod said he did not spend time thinking the former Republican vice presidential hopeful’s next move.

“I can tell you with absolutely honesty,” Axelrod said in July, “that when I sit around with my political friends . . . there’s very little or no discussion of Sarah Palin.”

“And I really have no idea what Gov. Palin is going to do,” the Obama aide told CNN Chief National Correspondent John King. “She’s entering private life now. We wish her well and it’s up to her to decide what role she’s going to play in the future. She’s got plenty of advice, I’m sure. She doesn’t need mine.

Upated: 1:35 p.m.

1. Darren

I will definitely be buying a copy of this book. I will then revisit the 19th century in 2 ways:
    1. by laughing at the jokes that are the outdated thoughts of this feeble woman.
    2. by ripping out each page and using it to wipe my arse with when I go to the toilet.
    A very useful book!

November 15, 2009 01:43 pm at 1:43 pm |
  2. Tammy

this book is comic relief in hard times

November 15, 2009 01:46 pm at 1:46 pm |
  3. PAUL

I won't be purchasing it when it comes out on next summer's 25 cent garage sales table.

November 15, 2009 01:47 pm at 1:47 pm |
  4. Ben

More people should follow his lead. If people stopped giving her the attention she craves she will just go away

November 15, 2009 01:48 pm at 1:48 pm |
  5. Garofulaar

Save a tree. Don't buy it.

November 15, 2009 01:48 pm at 1:48 pm |
  6. Danny J

Cheapskate. Not a very classy guy, is he?

November 15, 2009 01:48 pm at 1:48 pm |
  7. Lisa

Just a thought, why did all the Republicans support George Bush's decision to enter into two wars and yet they can't seem to justify healthcare for Americans here at home. Don't blame the cost, those two wars are costing us dearly. The Republicans only support what Rushie tells them too. Morons.

November 15, 2009 01:50 pm at 1:50 pm |
  8. Patriot

Don't worry, there will be plenty of toothless imbreds buying the book with their hard earned unemployment checks.

November 15, 2009 01:52 pm at 1:52 pm |
  9. Evan

I doubt anyone with half a brain really would.

November 15, 2009 01:52 pm at 1:52 pm |
  10. Vivian

Only your door-mat Republicans who've been instructed by their ministers and clergy will dump hard-earned money for crap like this.

November 15, 2009 01:54 pm at 1:54 pm |
  11. Benjamin

Who gives a crap! Why is this in the ticker?!

November 15, 2009 01:55 pm at 1:55 pm |
  12. Dennis, Amarillo Texas

Hey, CNN, want you "men" ever get tired of kicking Palin in the stomach, smacking her in the mouth, blacking her eye's, and beating her head against the wall? When will your obsession end with hating her so much come to an end? But probably you'll never stop with your demeaning articles about Palin, since you can't beat up on Democrat women like Hillary Clinton.

November 15, 2009 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  13. Capitan

If Palin writes like she speaks, whoever buys the book (not I) will need
    a good set of bi- focals and a 'Gibberish For Dummies' manual to help
    decipher the uber-speak.

November 15, 2009 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  14. NadineCA

You go David. Do not give Palin any more money or exposure. She needs to go away and the sooner we stop listening to her or paying her, she crawl back under the rock from where she came or at least go back to her base and stay out of the main stream. Can you say overkill.

November 15, 2009 02:03 pm at 2:03 pm |
  15. Stacie

I won't buy it either, but I also don't want summaries or any more news stories about this silly ghost-written book.

November 15, 2009 02:03 pm at 2:03 pm |
  16. Bill from CA

Contrary to what CNN's coverage would suggest, not a lot of people care what Palin is doing, and it's not newsworthy when someone like Axelrod or anyone else reinforces that fact. The woman has used her 15 minutes to make a few million dollars off a book filled with half-truths and flat out lies about McCain (and many others, I'm sure), as well as spread her message of fear and hate to the extremists who support her. Believe it or not, despite the way CNN and Fox News report every little thing she says and does, the majority of Americans don't care about Sarah Palin, nor do we believe she is fit for office, as evidenced by us soundly rejecting her for VP in 2008. Now, can we talk about REAL issues, or has cable news/entertainment forgot how to do that?

November 15, 2009 02:09 pm at 2:09 pm |
  17. ken

I will borrow from my roomate too!

November 15, 2009 02:15 pm at 2:15 pm |
  18. PAUL W.

Why pay to read lies? You can always watch FoxNews for free.

November 15, 2009 02:15 pm at 2:15 pm |
  19. 2012 prediction...

Just a hunch...she will no doubt get the nod for repub primary. Just a strictly gut hunch...Hillary will make an attempt at the Dem nom depending on the political climate for Obama. Cat fight 2012!

November 15, 2009 02:16 pm at 2:16 pm |
  20. Chuck-Texas

I read a report on CNN identifying the top ten smartest dogs in the world. The "Border Collie" was the number 1 smartest dog, follow by the Poodle in the number 2 spot.As smart as these two dogs are, nether one has written a book.

Sarah should pay attention to this dog-gone example. The less one has to say, the less likely people will question one's intelligence. When you speak out, and don't have a clue as to what your talking about, removes all doubt about your lack of intelligence.

November 15, 2009 02:20 pm at 2:20 pm |
  21. You betcha

Many Americans can opt for "Going Rouge" instead, thanks ;-)

November 15, 2009 02:20 pm at 2:20 pm |
  22. Don

Wow, this mouthpiece won't be buying Palin's book. There's a shock! Thanks for reporting this CNN!

November 15, 2009 02:22 pm at 2:22 pm |
  23. me

Can I read it after you're done? Its like crash site curiosity, you don't want to look but... I guess it will be in the Goodwill book pile soon enough.

November 15, 2009 02:23 pm at 2:23 pm |
  24. Desmond

Or re-cycle it quickly to make up for toxic carbon dioxide emissions and trees lost

November 15, 2009 02:24 pm at 2:24 pm |
  25. Minnie

Why are the democrats so extremely afraid of Sarah Palin??

Could it be that she is so much smarter than they.??

November 15, 2009 02:27 pm at 2:27 pm |