November 16th, 2009

Palin talks about controversies and future with Oprah

Palin talks about controversies and future with Oprah.
Palin talks about controversies and future with Oprah.

(CNN) – When Sarah Palin got a surprise phone call from the McCain campaign one August afternoon asking if she'd like to be on the Republican presidential ticket, the then-Alaska governor didn't doubt for a moment she was ready for the challenge.

"When I got the call, it was not such a shocking call to me," Palin told talk-show host Oprah Winfrey in a highly anticipated interview that aired Monday. "I felt quite confident in my abilities and my executive experience and I knew that this is an executive administrative job. I was happy to get in there and contribute."

Nor was Palin deterred by the fact she had five kids at home, including an infant with special needs.

"It never occurred to me that I couldn't do the job because of children," she said. "My children are my strength. ... They allow me to be grounded."

But what did shock Palin was just how much the campaign knew about her and her family before she even formally met with Sen. John McCain to discuss the job. Contrary to what was reported in the media, Palin said, she was extensively vetted and the campaign knew exactly "who they were getting."

Full story

Filed under: Oprah Winfrey • Sarah Palin
  1. Marry

CNN, please move Sarah to the entertainment section!! Interesting that she has not even now checked that she was not, is not, and never will in any way be qualified to be President of the USA!

November 16, 2009 02:09 pm at 2:09 pm |
  2. mk

It is amazing how everything is someones else's fault. She NEVER takes one ounce of responsibility for anything.

November 16, 2009 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  3. george from alaska

go to a clown tailor and get the suit that fits you best...i hear barnum & baily's circus is hiring. you are such a wonderful clown! since alaska state employees call you "big sarah" for your gigantically swelled head full of childish egocentrism, you'll probably need an extra large nose. be careful and don't shop at pinnochio's wood shop...you won't do well with a pinnochio nose...unless you are proud of your lies!

November 16, 2009 02:15 pm at 2:15 pm |
  4. Wes B.

My favorite train wreck.

I can't wait for her to get a reality show.

But God help us if she ever holds a public office ever again.

November 16, 2009 02:15 pm at 2:15 pm |
  5. hot shot

Lines are already foaming to buy her book.

November 16, 2009 02:19 pm at 2:19 pm |
  6. Enough

So her interviews with the venemous Katie Couric and Charlie Gibson didn't go so well. Let's put teleprompter king Obama in that much unfriendly territory and see how well he does.................did you notice Obama only stuck to slobbering love fest for him and stayed away from the real tough questions. Obama did one interview with Bill O'reilly and he was a stuttering idiot. Would have loved to see a few more of those. The media let us down, we deserved to know WHO the real Barack Obama was BEFORE we elected him. Litlle by little we are finding out Obama was the WORST choice ever for president......Thanks CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC, New York Times, Newsweek.....etc.

November 16, 2009 02:22 pm at 2:22 pm |
  7. Ron Martin

If the McCain campaign knew who they were getting she would not have been picked. She was a joke.

November 16, 2009 02:24 pm at 2:24 pm |
  8. Charlotte

Pity they only vetted for family connections and not brains or education. Or maybe not a pity. With her on the ticket, McCain was guaranteed to lose so we should be grateful she was chosen.

November 16, 2009 02:24 pm at 2:24 pm |
  9. Jane/Seattle

While Sarah Palin IS a real person, her interests lie more wioth Big Money and Oil than with the issues of ordinary people. She is trying to paint herself as one of us-an ordinary person, but she is not. The fact that she comes off ignorant about many issues, that she is a Republican, and that she likes to kill animals in inhumane ways are the factors that make me leary of her being in Politics! She simply takes the WRONG positions on Everything! Pretty is as Pretty does as my mother would say. No matter what she says now, we already know that she is not qualified. Get some education, some ideals and then I might listen to her. Oh, NO, better change parties or go Independent cuz I'll NEVER vote Republican! Peace

November 16, 2009 02:39 pm at 2:39 pm |
  10. southerncousin

Three Palin stories today, CNN has really outdone itself.

November 16, 2009 02:49 pm at 2:49 pm |