November 18th, 2009

Palin book tour kickoff takes her back to Michigan

Palin book tour kickoff takes her back to Michigan.
Palin book tour kickoff takes her back to Michigan.

(CNN) – Sarah Palin has finally returned to Michigan.

"I just can't tell you how good it is to be back in Michigan," Palin told a large crowd outside a Barnes and Noble bookstore in Grand Rapids Wednesday, the first stop in the former Alaska governor's bus tour for her new book, "Going Rogue: An American Life."

The former Republican vice presidential nominee wore a red and black jacket and black shirt and carried her son Trig as she emerged from the bus, which was emblazoned with the book's cover.

John McCain's running mate took issue last year with his campaign's decision to pull out of Michigan and move resources to other states. In her book, Palin says her opposition to the decision to abandon Michigan is when she first went rogue. At the end of the book, on page 403, Palin says that Michigan can't be forgotten.

McCain ended up losing the state to Barack Obama by 16 points in last year's presidential election.

"Alaska and Michigan have so much in common with the huntin' and the fishin' and the hockey moms," said Palin Wednesday, adding that Michigan is "the heart of industry in America."

Before entering the store to sign books, Palin thanked the large crowd for "showing up for the book, so that you can read my words unfiltered."

Follow Paul Steinhauser on Twitter: @psteinhausercnn

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. Maximus

Is Palin the person that publishes a book, why such a big deal about it? TSSSK.

November 18, 2009 07:47 pm at 7:47 pm |
  2. jr

i don't trust women who smile too much

November 18, 2009 07:48 pm at 7:48 pm |
  3. Susie Que

It's hard to believe anyone would want to read this book! I can't imagine reading anything without substance or credibility.....and she just doesn't have either. Boring!

November 18, 2009 07:51 pm at 7:51 pm |
  4. m smith

gag me with a spoon.

November 18, 2009 07:54 pm at 7:54 pm |
  5. nadine

A republican friend of mine bought the Palin today, 30% off the retail price and is broadcasting that it's not worth it. Palin lies and keeps on lying.

November 18, 2009 08:06 pm at 8:06 pm |
  6. Len (Colorado)

What a joke. And all those who back her, please wake up. She is totally not qualified for any political office.

November 18, 2009 08:08 pm at 8:08 pm |
  7. The Great Northwest

Paul Stenihauser you are sure full of Sarah Palin infact you can't get enough of here must be move over todd here comes Paul .

November 18, 2009 08:08 pm at 8:08 pm |
  8. Sarah

I'm from GR, Michigan and I'm ashamed – ASHAMED – that this woman is stepping one foot in my hometown. Absolutely embarrassing...she's never even READ a book from the looks of it, and now people are clamoring to read what she "wrote". Ha. I'll say it again – HA.

November 18, 2009 08:10 pm at 8:10 pm |
  9. Jake

I have to tell you, this media blitz she has been on made me realize that I am fascinated with her a little bit, then suddenly found myself almost liking her...but then she started talking about policies and I was reminded all over again why I disliked her in the first place! she sounds ridiculous talking about the economy, and she sounds so pompous when she talks about not aborting her special needs child (if only every mother could have her health care and finances, then maybe they too could raise a special needs child with pride!)

savor the limelight Palin, but step off the political stage!

November 18, 2009 08:10 pm at 8:10 pm |
  10. gl, Pittsburgh

Where is her husband? She never go no where with out him.

November 18, 2009 08:17 pm at 8:17 pm |
  11. Donkey Party

The description of Palin's garb is comical when mentioned in such close proximity to one of Palin's stage props / accessories, Trig.

November 18, 2009 08:20 pm at 8:20 pm |
  12. altapres

Way to go Sarah! God bless you always as well as your family

November 18, 2009 08:25 pm at 8:25 pm |
  13. Joe

Every time I turn around that woman is in the news, if it is not for her book, is about her strange ambition to run for President. If the Republicans want to win the White House in 2012 they need to find someone that is not that pushy, I haven't bought her book yet, but I can feel it down my throat already. If that what's the Republicans hope for 2012, Obama got himself another term.

November 18, 2009 08:25 pm at 8:25 pm |
  14. Ed, Santa Fe, NM

a crowd of hundreds??? big woo... she wouldn't draw flies in Santa Fe....

November 18, 2009 08:37 pm at 8:37 pm |
  15. Mike, Albany

If Palin runs in 2012, she says she would consider Glenn Beck as her running mate. As if we needed more evidence that she's SO not qualified to be the leader of the free world.

November 18, 2009 08:44 pm at 8:44 pm |
  16. GI Joe

Oh Gawd – their brains are obviously frozen.

November 18, 2009 08:44 pm at 8:44 pm |
  17. GI Joe

and the ignorant' and the uneducated' and the stupid'

November 18, 2009 08:46 pm at 8:46 pm |
  18. nardofree in va

Republican nuts are upset because Obama won't read Palin's silly book.

November 18, 2009 08:52 pm at 8:52 pm |
  19. Randy

Man what a train wreck shes got more skeltons in her closet than a grave yard.

November 18, 2009 08:57 pm at 8:57 pm |
  20. On the other hand...

Sarah Palin does rogue well. As the Democrats in Washington get ready to spend yet another $900 billion that does not help the runaway unemployment, the economy or lower the cost of health care, they could use some of her brand of rogue. And we are going to send them some in 2012.

November 18, 2009 08:59 pm at 8:59 pm |
  21. Reagan was wrong

"...so that you can read my words unfiltered."

By unfiltered she means filtered through the pen of her WorldNetDaily ghostwriter.

This woman is as dumb as she is attractive.

November 18, 2009 09:02 pm at 9:02 pm |
  22. tonyt

Has She Read Her New Book Yet?
    She's A Quiter, And Blames Everyone Else For Her Failures!

Lets Be Honest Here Palin Supporters, Had This Been A Dem. And Or Obama You All Would All Be In Line Slinging Crap 24-7!

Why Anyone Would Want Her For President or VP Is Beyond Me!

Has Anybody Ask Her Yet If She Wrote This "Book Of Blame"!

November 18, 2009 09:05 pm at 9:05 pm |
  23. tonyt

Palin's New Book Should Be Titled "Book Of Blame"
    She Really Needs To Women Up, She Just Wasn't Ready.
    She Didn't Fail, She Quit. I Would Never Trust A Quiter In The White House!

November 18, 2009 09:11 pm at 9:11 pm |
  24. TT

I was watching Sarah in her interview on Hannity and I must say, she is such a warm and loving person. I would be proud if she were my Mom. Thank God for her. I can't believe that so many women hate her. They should be ashamed. She is a wonderful person and has the morals and perspective that we need to save our country. All of the haters need to take a long look in the mirror. They couldn't walk a mile in her shoes. I love you, Sarah!

November 18, 2009 09:17 pm at 9:17 pm |
  25. Doug in Harrisburg

Does the book come with a box or Crayons?

November 18, 2009 09:19 pm at 9:19 pm |